News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

DrP

oh, Pokédex entries...

Oni-Link

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 04, 2010, 09:09:01 PMoh, Pokédex entries...
You know what's hilarious? The Pokedex Spanish translation for Duskull goes like this:
"It pursues its prey like a dog wherever you go. However, abandoned hunting at dawn."
My Grandma knows perfect Spanish better, the way she translated it was funnier.

DrP

I've seen some pretty hilarious French translations!

SlowPokemon

Er... such as?

Oh, and this weekend I'm going to see Despicable Me...

It looks like it could be good. I'd like to see Dinner for Schmucks, but I was overruled (by my 11-year-old sister lol).

I know Oni's next post -

Pokemon: Movies Version?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Roz~

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 04, 2010, 09:25:28 PMI've seen some pretty hilarious French translations!

Usually the French translations are the exact same as the English Pokedex entries.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

Hey, Roz, Oni, Dr Pamplemousse, Cobraroll, or anyone else who feels like helping -

I'm breeding an Elekid next (in my SS, for my HG). I'm breeding an Electabuzz with a Hitmonchan so it will know the moves Thunderpunch, Fire Punch, and Ice Punch. :)

Later on I'm deleting Thunderpunch for Thunderbolt, and its final spot will most likely be Brick Break.

Then comes Magby, which unfortunately cannot learn Ice Punch, but can learn the other two... so its moveset will definitely contain Thunderpunch and Flamethrower... what else should I teach it?

Roz~

I'd go with a fighting-type move, either Cross Chop or Focus Blast. I'd personally go for Focus Blast. As for the last spot... I'd give him HP Ice, but I'm guessing it'll be hard for you to get the right IVs combination for it. The last spot really depends on what your team is/what moves they have.

SlowPokemon

My team will consist of Magmar, Jynx, Electabuzz, and Togetic... Possibly Meganium, thinking about dropping it. Maybe Slowpoke (big maybe).

Roz~

You could go with Earthquake if you're not planing on teaching it to Electabuzz.

SlowPokemon

HEY!!!
Guess what, you guys!!! You guys won't think this is cool, probably happens to you all the time, but...

I was training in Mt. Silver (that Hitmonchan needs to know Ice Punch, etc.) when I found my FIRST SHINY in my SoulSilver!!! (other than Gyarados at LoR)

It's a green Teddiursa, Lv43, and even better, I managed to catch it in a Moon Ball! :D

I am ecstatic right now!

Roz~

Haha, that's cool. I always get lame shinies (Rattata, Golbat, etc.)

SlowPokemon

Finished breeding but I am not sure if I did things right. I am going to trade the Eggs over soon.

DrP

My first shiny was a buizel in platinum and then i got a shiny mareep once in soul silver

And slow, good job picking those Pokémon from Gen I that were close to Jynx in P-Dex numbers! haha

Oni-Link

OKAY EVERYONE!
EVERYONE SAY THEIR TOTAL PROGRESS IN HG/SS~!

I've finished everything, including the Johtodex, (Not the whole Dex), and I'm at the Battle Frontier.
What about you guys' TOTAL progress?

SlowPokemon

Actually, Jynx/Magmar/Electabuxx are "rivals" of each other - like Lileep/Anorith, Bellsprout/Oddish, Slowpoke/Psyduck, etc.

They all have babies in gen II that evolve at the same level, and they are right ext to each other in the Pokedex, just like their parents - Ice first, then Electric, then Fire. :)

But they didn't give Jynx an extra evolution... probably because Game Freak is very tentative of using Jynx after the outcry against its design.

They even changed its face color from black...

...to purple.

While I'm posting Sugimori originals, I have to admit I love Smoochum's new art.

Really, unnecessarily long post, sorry. :( And it's interesting to note how much better Sugimori's gotten at art. I mean, look at those pictures of Jynx, compare the Red/Green/Blue design to the FireRed/LeafGreen design. Even from there, look at Smoochum's HGSS design... pretty cool drawings. :3

I'm also an art nerd, sorry.