News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Cobraroll

Out of sheer boredom respect for the language and a desire not to butcher it, I decided to quit French as soon as I had the chance. If English and mimicry can't help me out of a situation, I'm pretty sure French can't either.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

DrP

Well... 25% of english is made up of french! you cant go wrong there  ;D

In Gaming News:

I have beat Whitney with Level 20 Pokémon... all 6 of 'em! Woo!

SuperFireKirby

English is actually a language of Germanic origin. But we do take bits and peices from latin based languages such as french and spanish.

You would call a person who speak 2 languages bilingual. You would call a person who speaks 3 languages trilingual.

But what do you call someone who speaks only one language?

American.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

DrP

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 16, 2010, 12:00:10 PMEnglish is actually a language of Germanic origin. But we do take bits and peices from latin based languages such as french and spanish.

You would call a person who speak 2 languages bilingual. You would call a person who speaks 3 languages trilingual.

But what do you call someone who speaks only one language?

American.

Because most Americans can barely grasp the true essence of the English Language.

And I know about being Bilingual. I AM BILINGUAL! I still make some grammatical errors in my second language, its just not what im used to! (and Roz can scoff at my remarks and fix 'em up all nice)... understanding is the easy part!

And I also know about the Germanic Origins. I spent about three months studying Beowolf and the Canterbury Tales, some in the original Anglo-Saxon language (which is extremely easy once you can adapt it to modern English).

Anyone have a good Pokémon topic?

SuperRiolu

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 16, 2010, 12:40:14 PMAnyone have a good Pokémon topic?

I am plumb out. You guys have already answered what I was planning on asking.

How about, if you had to choose another season of anime (excluding the the original, orange league and johto), which season would you choose and why! I'll leave you all with that
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

SlowPokemon

You mean as my favorite? Definitely Pokemon Advanced (not sure the season number, maybe 5?). It's the first Hoenn one, anyway. I love the theme song and May/Max were good refreshers for Misty.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

I like the newer ones (please dont kill me). They are in HD (something I have been waiting for, for a while)

But my favorite from the original definitely has to be Battle Frontier (season 10, I believe)

SlowPokemon

It's weird, I never saw anything of that season, except where Ash faces Agatha.

And I'm not killing you. But I will say that the first Diamond/Pearl season was FAAAR better than the others. Now I can't even stand to watch the new episodes.

Dawn's grown quite annoying to me, I'm sorry to say! xD

Hopefully Belle won't be as bad!

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 16, 2010, 01:49:31 PMIt's weird, I never saw anything of that season, except where Ash faces Agatha.

And I'm not killing you. But I will say that the first Diamond/Pearl season was FAAAR better than the others. Now I can't even stand to watch the new episodes.

Dawn's grown quite annoying to me, I'm sorry to say! xD

Hopefully Belle won't be as bad!

Who is this Belle you speak of? You might be alluding to Iris?

Dawn has gotten kinda annoying, too. I cant believe there is still a Grand Festival AND the Pokémon League thing. I'll find out Thursday who beats who in the battle!

Roz~

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 16, 2010, 09:25:17 AMAnd even though my native language is english, i hate how people butcher the french language... even im not as good as you and Riolu!

Kinda like me who hates when people butcher English... probably because I kinda grew up in an "English world".
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on August 16, 2010, 03:19:21 PMKinda like me who hates when people butcher English... probably because I kinda grew up in an "English world".

I butchering language of the english long time. hahaha. It kinda gets on my nerves in some cases (like telling some one how to correctly pronounce a word)... i also hate how people say "sans" the english way... the french way is how it should be pronounced!

Roz~

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 16, 2010, 03:21:38 PMI butchering language of the english long time. hahaha. It kinda gets on my nerves in some cases (like telling some one how to correctly pronounce a word)... i also hate how people say "sans" the english way... the french way is how it should be pronounced!

Haha, I feel like that too. People around here use a lot of English words and pronounce them with a French accent... and it just sounds horrible.

Also, gonna breed that damn Shuckle today. I should have time to do that tonight.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 16, 2010, 02:00:43 PMWho is this Belle you speak of? You might be alluding to Iris?

I'm not talking about the stupid anime! :D

I'm talking about in B/W versions, one of your childhood friends and rivals is called Belle!

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on August 16, 2010, 03:24:40 PMHaha, I feel like that too. People around here use a lot of English words and pronounce them with a French accent... and it just sounds horrible.

Also, gonna breed that damn Shuckle today. I should have time to do that tonight.

yay, time! Bon Chance!

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 16, 2010, 03:26:32 PMI'm not talking about the stupid anime! :D

I'm talking about in B/W versions, one of your childhood friends and rivals is called Belle!

They've released her english name?

Roz~

Quote from: drpamplemousse on August 16, 2010, 03:27:51 PMyay, time! Bon Chance!

They've released her english name?

Bonne chance, chance is a feminine noun. :)
And I think it's her Japanese name.