News:

Using cutting-edge ray tracing technology, our sheets appear 69% more realistic than the leading bargain brand!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Shadoninja

"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

DrP

So, it seems like I fail at RNG'ng some Pokémon

Well, if the stuff Roz teaches me, I can always PokéSAV things up!

Dude

Isn't the RNG exploit technically cheating?

It's like looking at the answers for a test imo

DrP

It's not necessarily "cheating"... you're basically taking steps to "weed" out the weaker of the Pokémon to converge on that one standing in the center looking all helpless and BOOM, you capture (or hatch it)

I don't think that this much effort goes into cheating on a normal basis (except for programming hex characters into a little device)

Roz~

Quote from: Dude on September 08, 2010, 08:57:36 PMIsn't the RNG exploit technically cheating?

It's like looking at the answers for a test imo

No it's not. When you use Pokesav or any AR codes, you modify the coding of the game to get something you want. The RNG helps you getting Pokemon with desired HP, nature, shininess, etc. Basically it's a tool that helps you get legit 'mons without using any external devices to get what you want. It's not cheating, we're only using the game coding at our advantage. There wouldn't be a huge community RNGing 'mons if it was considered as cheating.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 08, 2010, 08:24:35 PMSo, it seems like I fail at RNG'ng some Pokémon

Well, if the stuff Roz teaches me, I can always PokéSAV things up!

Meh, don't Pokesav them. They'd be legit hacks, but still... =/ It's really hard at first (took me 3 hours to get my Suicune) but it's worth it. You shouldn't think that you'll be breeding some sweet 'mons right away. It takes a lot of practice, sometimes days before you can RNG something good (though now it's a whole lot easier because of Pikatimer). It's easier to RNG stationary legendaries like Suicune; maybe you should try that first.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

It's cheating in my book, but technically the game is not being tampered with in any way...

You're just abusing the conditions... Which is not as bad as PokeSav.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Meh, Ir eprefer breeding methods and EV training.... although I haven't really done that, lol.
Oh yeah, since I'm the newbie, I have a question.
Pokemon A fights Pokemon B with 2 speed EV's. Pokemon C is holding an experience share. When Pokemon A beats Pokemon B, do Pokemon A and Pokemon C each get 2 speed EV's?
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Shadoninja

DrP

Of course we go through EV training! I probably do it more than others. I decided to try the more legit way of RNG to get some good Pokémon from the field, instead of checking a few boxes, holding down L and R and then catching the pokémon... you have to be extremely precise when you do RNG mechanics... 1 second off and you can mess up big time

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on September 09, 2010, 04:28:11 AMIt's cheating in my book, but technically the game is not being tampered with in any way...

You're just abusing the conditions... Which is not as bad as PokeSav.

At least we're working hard to get our 'mons. I hate it when people are too lazy to try to breed and just Pokesav them 'cause that the easy way around.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 09, 2010, 10:08:58 AMOf course we go through EV training! I probably do it more than others. I decided to try the more legit way of RNG to get some good Pokémon from the field, instead of checking a few boxes, holding down L and R and then catching the pokémon... you have to be extremely precise when you do RNG mechanics... 1 second off and you can mess up big time

Haha yep. Happens a lot at first but it's pretty sweet when you get the hang of it.

Shadoninja

I tried pokesav once and then realized I don't care enough to figure how to work it.

DrP

I got some pretty good Delays (all under 500) and I was able to hit 16 seconds everytime... major breakthrough!

Roz~

Quote from: Shadoninja on September 09, 2010, 10:45:45 AMI tried pokesav once and then realized I don't care enough to figure how to work it.

Pokesav's really easy to use actually. Not that complicated.

Quote from: drpamplemousse on September 09, 2010, 10:45:53 AMI got some pretty good Delays (all under 500) and I was able to hit 16 seconds everytime... major breakthrough!

Then you could try to RNG something!

DrP

Quote from: Roz~ on September 09, 2010, 11:26:11 AMPokesav's really easy to use actually. Not that complicated.

Then you could try to RNG something!

PokéSAV is really easy to use... you just have to make sure you're doing it right!

Roz, we just have to talk further steps after the calibration phase!

Jub3r7

Part of the reason it feels so accomplishing to get a shiny Pokemon or perfected breeding Pokemon WITHOUT Pokesav is the work that it took to get it.... I've personally never used any hacking devices (or game code reading devices), EXCEPT one time when Rogbzz gave me a chance to catch Shaymin using the walk-anywhere, since I missed the mystery gift. I killed it (and turned the game off). So technically, it's as if I never used one. Oh, and in case if your wondering who Rogbzz is.... Well, just tell me when any of you reach Hearthome city. Then I'll make a semi-rpg post about how the guy that walks you around town takes you to see me, where I tell you my life story (lol) and how so many of my Pokemon died....
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]