News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

DrP

oh wow... we SO didn't know that. thanks for enlightening us

My sarcasm will now be italicized.

I've actually taken a break from Pokémon for a moment... I may pick up platinum in a few days when I have a FOUR DAY WEEKEND!

dahans

Of course! You have to! :D

Do you admit that you like Pokemon? How do people react when you tell them about that?
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

DrP

I've gotten mixed reviews from saying that.

Roz~

Here people laugh and say you're retarded when you tell them you like Pokemon. Hmm.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

DrP

Thats probably the majority of the mixed reviews

Roz~

Except here they're not mixed, everyone says that.

Sekter77

Actually, most people in my dorm love pokemon too. It's never a faux pas to bring up your favorite 'mon. I'm lucky to be in a welcoming environment, but I'm sure if I moved to any other parts of campus I would be derided for it.

It's kind of sad that people think growing up means burying what they loved as a child rather than having the courage to continue to enjoy what made their childhood.
Guitar and video games.

Roz~

^True. Every single person who told me that Pokemon sucks/is stupid were huge fans back then.

Also, someone requested a battle on PO earlier today. I wasn't really paying attention 'cause I was doing something for gym class, but anyways. He was down to one 'mon and I had 3 left. He said something like "That's exactly how I wanted it to be. I'll be able to defeat you with only this Pokemon". He then proceeds to send Jaroda out. I let him kill my Machamp only to be able to switch to Heatran. I pwnt him. LOLZ
Also, he kinda whine after that, but w/e.

DrP

People in my apartment dont really give a damn about pokemon... except that it was awesome when they were in 2nd grade...

all my roommates play now is jak... cause we now has a ps2

SuperFireKirby

You have a PS2?

GET DARK CLOUD 2.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Roz~

^Agreed. Epic game is even beyond any epic things you've ever witnessed.

Jub3r7

Quote from: Roz~ on November 07, 2010, 07:10:34 PM^True. Every single person who told me that Pokemon sucks/is stupid were huge fans back then.

Also, someone requested a battle on PO earlier today. I wasn't really paying attention 'cause I was doing something for gym class, but anyways. He was down to one 'mon and I had 3 left. He said something like "That's exactly how I wanted it to be. I'll be able to defeat you with only this Pokemon". He then proceeds to send Jaroda out. I let him kill my Machamp only to be able to switch to Heatran. I pwnt him. LOLZ
Also, he kinda whine after that, but w/e.
Nice. Oh, and thanks to you, I figured out what w/e means without looking it up. XD

Something to discuss: (Yes, Slow, I know it's 1 day old)
Also, tons of Pokemon distributions for Pokemon Black and White.
Tabunne is being distributed in different Pokemon centers in Japan.
Different Pokemon eggs are being distributed.
QuoteThe contents of these eggs will be one of three currently-unknown Pokémon. The one to be obtained will be selected at random.
The egg distribution will start the same day that Ash gets a Pokemon egg in the BW anime, along with the release of "Black and White collection" (TCG Expansion) in Japan.
Event-exclusive croagunk available with passwords from CoroCoro's November issue...
Passwords for Kanto starters will appear in an issue of Pokémon Peer...
Passwords for Hoenn starters appear in a player's guide that has yet to be released...
Passwords for Sinnoh starters will appear in the "Beginning Set" (TCG set).
QuoteFrom Sept. 18 to Nov. 1, fans could vote for a Pokémon that will be obtainable in the Pokémon Global Link.
Arceus won the dream-world poll, so that's another of the distributions.

WELL, now we know THAT'S over with....
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Shadoninja

might as well post some questions I had while playing pokemon red.

if bill was accidently combined with a pokemon, where does the pokemon go when you fix him?

how does the bike shop owner in cerulean city get business if all his
bikes cost 1 million pokedollars and he has bike vouchers?

why doesn't the celadon game corner sell or give away coin cases? where would you get them if it wasn't for the broke guy at the restaurant? speaking of the restaurant, why are they always on break?

what reason did silph co. have to develop a silph scope. was there a high demand for ghost sight seeing?
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Shadoninja on November 13, 2010, 12:25:00 PMspeaking of the restaurant, why are they always on break?

And how do THEY do their business when you can't buy any food?

I always wondered myself how people around the seventh/eighth badge towns managed to raise Pokemon, when they could only battle their weak ones against high-leveled ones.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Cobraroll

Quote from: Shadoninja on November 13, 2010, 12:25:00 PMmight as well post some questions I had while playing pokemon red.

if bill was accidently combined with a pokemon, where does the pokemon go when you fix him?
Seeing as he has a huge machine connected to a PC there, supposedly back to some storage system

how does the bike shop owner in cerulean city get business if all his
bikes cost 1 million pokedollars and he has bike vouchers?
My guess is that PokéDollars are either a trainer-only currency (hence why you can only buy Pokémon-related equipment with it), or it's worth next to nothing, so what you earn and lose in battles is only symbolic sums anyway (and all items are heavily subsidized, perhaps by a "trainer's license" that your mom takes care of paying). A million PokéDollars might not be that much for a "civilian". Seeing as very few trainers in the game own bikes (apart from bikers, who don't appear to be able to collapse their bikes, indicating that they might not be from the Bike shop), I guess the item is not really meant for trainers. Still, the shop owner looks like he respects trainers, and might hand out some vouchers to promising younglings for marketing (for instance, Rydel's bikes have his name plastered all over them), as the trainers travel all over the region with their bike. Look at it like sponsoring athletes.

why doesn't the celadon game corner sell or give away coin cases? where would you get them if it wasn't for the broke guy at the restaurant?
Perhaps there is an age limit on selling gambling equipment to minors in the Pokémon world, and some bureaucrat thought that it would be a sufficent protection if the Coin Case was prohibited for sale at the Game Corners. The Coin Case might be powered by the same container technology as the PC system (seeing as it can hold ten thousand coins and still only take up minor room in your backpack), and might therefore be patented. The guy in the restaurant either doesn't care (he's obviously tired of gambling and probably hates the place), or is to full/drunk that he doesn't realise what he's doing.

speaking of the restaurant, why are they always on break?
The woman at the desk is always on duty. Day on, day off. No breaks. She might be awfully tired (who wouldn't, apart from the seemingly brainwashed nurses in the Pokémon centres?), have a bad day, or hate kids. She justs wants to reject as many potential customers as possible, so she can get fired and get away. Thing is, her boss is so busy supplying the guys who have their eternal eating contest going that he doesn't realise that she does an intentionally crappy job

what reason did silph co. have to develop a silph scope. was there a high demand for ghost sight seeing?
I guess the media has covered the ghost sightings to such a degree that revealing what is behind them has become a prestige project. Silph co. obviously has too much money anyway (as evident by their overly large headquarters, with a fountain larger than the Sinnoh Lakes in the lobby), and some scientists have too much time on their hands.

Answers? All made up, of course...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.