News:

Iron gates are a thing of the past! Now, you can access your yard with the all-new NinSheetMusic-brand Teleportation Technology!

Main Menu

General Pokémon

Started by DrP, July 18, 2010, 04:32:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

What's your favorite Mega Evolution (G2)

Ampharos
Scizor
Heracross
Houndoom
Tyranitar

Shadoninja

Worst Shedinja Ever.

Shedinja @ Flame Orb
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 255 HP / 255 Def
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Sandstorm
- Harden
- Rest
- Double-Edge
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Jub3r7

XD

Also, sorry. I was hypnotized by something during that last post... I actually like Spinda.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SlowPokemon

I doubt you were really hypnotized, that link you posted wasn't "real hypnosis"...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

Wait, I posted a link?  :o

Ha, jk. Anyways... What's new in the world of Pokemon?

Roz~

Quote from: Shadoninja on December 01, 2010, 09:22:25 AMWorst Shedinja Ever.

Shedinja @ Flame Orb
Trait: Wonder Guard
EVs: 255 HP / 255 Def
Calm Nature (+SDef, -Atk)
- Sandstorm
- Harden
- Rest
- Double-Edge

Haha yeah, it sure sucks. :P

Quote from: Jub3r7 on December 01, 2010, 06:44:54 PMWait, I posted a link?  :o

Ha, jk. Anyways... What's new in the world of Pokemon?

Nothing much really. New BW cards have been shown but thats about it.
Quote from: MaestroUGC on February 13, 2013, 01:16:55 PM
Thanks. For a moment there I was worried, though. I almost needed to blow you.

SlowPokemon

My team in Pokemon Silver (my replaced battery RULES :)):

I have beaten the gym and Sprout Tower.

Pokemon:
Wooper Lv9: Water Gun, Tail Whip
Togepi Lv14: Growl, Charm, Metronome
"Boo" Gastly Lv14: Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Mean Look
Mareep Lv14: Tackle, Growl, ThunderShock
Chikorita Lv15: Tackle, PoisonPowder, Razor Leaf, Reflect

I am thinking about a Fire-type for my last one, and I am also considering dropping Chikorita for Bellsprout. I know that Victreebel is beast in the newer games, but is it that good in Silver? Advice/ratings, please. :)

Jub3r7

Roz~

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 05, 2010, 09:31:41 AMMy team in Pokemon Silver (my replaced battery RULES :)):

I have beaten the gym and Sprout Tower.

Pokemon:
Wooper Lv9: Water Gun, Tail Whip
Togepi Lv14: Growl, Charm, Metronome
"Boo" Gastly Lv14: Hypnosis, Lick, Spite, Mean Look
Mareep Lv14: Tackle, Growl, ThunderShock
Chikorita Lv15: Tackle, PoisonPowder, Razor Leaf, Reflect

I am thinking about a Fire-type for my last one, and I am also considering dropping Chikorita for Bellsprout. I know that Victreebel is beast in the newer games, but is it that good in Silver? Advice/ratings, please. :)

Uber late, but you have to consider that you won't be able to evole your Weepinbell before the E4 since the only Leaf stone you can have is given to you by Bill's grandfather. It's still good, but the fact that you can't evolve it in Johto's meh. Togepi's not that good, I think you should drop it. Gastly and Mareep ftw. I've never used Chikorita in GSC so I don't know if it's good or not but I guess it's okay. Also, I'd use Poliwhirl over Wooper/Quagsire but that's just me personal preference.

Also, I'm curious: Are any of you guys playing the Pokemon Trading Card game (not the vidya game version)?

SlowPokemon

I can't find anyone to play with me, it would be fun though. :(

And I haven't even played my Silver since I last posted that; still training Chikorita. Playing Emerald lately.

Also, Gastly sucks in pre-DP games because both Ghost and Poison types were physical.

Shadoninja

you could play it online with apprentice and the pokemon patch.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Jub3r7

Quote from: Jub3r7 on December 05, 2010, 01:06:28 PMSo horrible.
I was only joking, it actually looks very hopeful.

QuoteAlso, I'm curious: Are any of you guys playing the Pokemon Trading Card game (not the vidya game version)?
Yes. In fact, me and my brother are putting together a deck with different legends that we got broke on buying off of ebay.
:/

When I got the Suicune/Raikou (part of it) in a booster pack, we bought the other half on ebay.
Then we got part of Dialga/Palkia legend in a booster pack... and did the same thing.

I get paid 50$ for working 2 days... and a theme deck costs about 12.50 where I got them...
I lost a whole weeks pay buying the four theme decks based on Espeon, Umbreon, Mamoswine, and Nidoking...

The next theme decks coming out are based on Lucario and Tangrowth. [/TCG rant]

I really need to finish reading the Pokemon manga. It's really awesome and slightly more violent.

Instead of standing and watching, the trainers have to actually fight thieves, too.
Koga was kind of evil, so one of the main characters killed his arbok; it looked like a sliced worm.

I was only on the yellow arc, so I had a LONG ways to go. :(

Plus, I've been reading Japanese translations so all the names are mixed up whenever I see them referred to in english...
Seeing as Green is now Blue and Blue is now Green. But Red is still Red and Yellow is still Yellow. [/Manga rant]

REST IN PEACE MY DEAD POKEMON. I WILL TRAIN THE LIVING POKEMON IN HONOR OF YOU. [/VG Rant]

I've never played the Trading Card Video game, although I've heard it was good... [/TCGVG Rant][/sub][/sub][/sub]

Is it bad to be obsessed?

Roz~

You bought them off of ebay? How much did it cost you? Probably a lot more than they're worth.
I bought 5 booster packs today... got Mew prime which is worth a lot of money plus the top part of Entei/Raikou legend :D
Oh and theme decks are not that good... or so I heard.
Also, you shouldn't use legend in any deck. Their attacks usually are costly plus if they get KOed your opponent takes 2 prize cards instead of one which sucks.

Cobraroll

Quote from: Jub3r7 on December 12, 2010, 06:17:48 PMI really need to finish reading the Pokemon manga. It's really awesome and slightly more violent.

Instead of standing and watching, the trainers have to actually fight thieves, too.
Koga was kind of evil, so one of the main characters killed his arbok; it looked like a sliced worm.

Well, actually, it wasn't killed, as Nintendo has stated that Pokémon never die in battles. They might, in some cases, severely maim each other, but never kill. Apparently, the wounds regrow quite fast, but the Pokémon at the receiving end of the attack will be unable to fight for a looooong time if not treated correctly (see Deoxys in Destiny Deoxys, who took a Hyper Beam from Rayquaza at point-blank range, but rose from the water ready to fight after four years). [/nerd]
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

SlowPokemon

So Jub is Pokepark Wii any fun? I'll probably get it anyway, but still.

Also, there's a list of passwords on Serebii. If you want them.

Jub3r7

Quote from: Cobraroll on December 13, 2010, 10:59:15 AMWell, actually, it wasn't killed, as Nintendo has stated that Pokémon never die in battles. They might, in some cases, severely maim each other, but never kill. Apparently, the wounds regrow quite fast, but the Pokémon at the receiving end of the attack will be unable to fight for a looooong time if not treated correctly (see Deoxys in Destiny Deoxys, who took a Hyper Beam from Rayquaza at point-blank range, but rose from the water ready to fight after four years). [/nerd]

I just found a screenshot of the particular section that I mentioned...

Hm.... maybe this arbok might recover...

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 26, 2010, 08:32:01 AMSo Jub is Pokepark Wii any fun? I'll probably get it anyway, but still.

Also, there's a list of passwords on Serebii. If you want them.
Brother keeps playing borderlands on XBox, so I haven't gotten the chance to play it yet....