It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Rome: Total War

Started by Winter, October 13, 2010, 07:27:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Winter

Anyone played this game? I't pretty damn good in my opinion

MasterPenguin

I remember buying it for $1 then reselling it for $5 at the same store. Mmmm great memories.

KefkaticFanatic

>Playing a strategy game that isn't Starcraft

Heh.

me irl
[close]

Sammbo101

Haven't played it yet, but until I do, I'm with KefkaticFanatic on this.

MasterPenguin

Get off the bandwagon, you look like an idiot on it. There are plenty great, if not greater strategy games than starcraft. Remember the Red Alert series? (Not that crap third one). How about Fire Emblem, or Advance Wars (had to throw in a few handhelds ;D). WH:40k. Warcraft series (particularly 3). Dune? Civilization? I could go on and on.

Sammbo101

okay, okay, yes, on occasion I still play CIV III (cause IV never compared), but, in my opinion, Starcraft has always been one of the best strategy games that has ever existed, with only Chess and Backgammon beating it. But I trust Winterkid09's opinion, so I'm confident it's pretty awesome.

KefkaticFanatic

It was 1) a joke and 2) you know very well that there are no real comparable RTS games at the moment.

Note: RTS.

me irl
[close]

MasterPenguin

Warcraft III blows starcraft away.

KefkaticFanatic

All I've played on it is DotA and I don't like that :P

me irl
[close]

MasterPenguin

Unless you've got a shitload of time, DotA will suck to you. Try the other games =p.

Cobraroll

Am I the only one here with a huge nostalgic feeling for Age of Empires 2?

By the way, the menu music probably sounds great on piano...
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Winter

Wow, I haven't played ANY of the games mentioned in this topic besides the one I presented... Never was much of a computer gamer.

KefkaticFanatic

I only played AOEIII.  How is 2 in comparison?

me irl
[close]

Cobraroll

^The. Classic.

I didn't play much AoE 3 myself, so I can't compare either. But I think the entire "home town" feature was too confusing, and preferred the style where you get a Town Center and some villagers, and are on your own from there on. And the entire concept with advancing from age to age, upgrading your units to better units, and steadily gain access to new technology was awesome. And Aoe2 has the best atmosphere I've ever seen in an RTS. You built a town, not plunked buildings on the ground.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Tranzlater

Rome Total War? Empire is way better =P
Quote from: Arison The Bat
oviosly so far i've only got "little unmature kids" to respond to this thread
After months of mediation and exams, I return.
Probably not for long.