News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

A-Woooo! It's The Werewolf Game(TWG Announcement)

Started by Nakah, August 13, 2010, 10:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakah

Hello all you fellow video game music lovers. Tonight I have a special announcement to bring to all of you, featuring a forum-based posting game that has grown to be very popular amongst our members and takes place in our very own Forums! Introducing, for the first time publicly in the site's history: The Werewolf Game(aka TWG).
   The Werewolf Game is a forum game of deception and strategy, consisting of two teams(made up by the members participating in the game). There's the Human Team, as well as the Wolf Team. The object and ultimate goal of the game is for either A) The Humans eliminate all of the Wolves. Or B) The Wolves eliminate all of the Humans. Although, it's not as easy as that, because the Humans do not know the roles of the other players. The Wolves, however, know the roles of the other wolves(thus allowing them to work together in secrecy to eliminate the humans. This is where the elements of deception and strategy begin to go to work.
   The game is divided into Day and Night phases. During the Day phase, all of the players discuss and debate on who the wolves are, and submit a vote for someone who they think is a wolf to be killed off at the end of the day. When the Day ends, the host of the game tallies up the votes, and the player with the highest vote count is expelled from the game(Lynched, in TWG terms). Then when the game enters the Night phase, the Wolf team chooses one player to be killed off at the end of the phase. It is by this cycle that the game proceeds and the teams advance in eliminating the remaining players of the opposing team.
   The game is heavily reliant on the elements of trust, wits, instinct, and good judgment. Through forming alliances with players and formulating strategies to pin-point who the wolves are, the game becomes even more intricate and in-depth as the investigating elevates to a level of intense debate.

There is a lot more to the game than just this, and there are Special Roles with special abilities involved as well(making the game even more intricate). If you would like to read a more in-depth overview of TWG and the concepts and rules involved, visit The Werewolf Game Official Rules thread in the TWG Forum.

So what do you think? Are you skilled enough to deceive and outsmart other fellow members? Will you catch that sly "off-beat" vibe in another player? Join TWG and try it out!

~Nakah

SuperRiolu

This game seems interesting. I may want to try it out whenever it starts!

(oh, and I'm new here)
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

DrP

It is quite fun... deceiving people and whatnot! Though my team lost, I still held out for four nights (and it was my first time). I did make some mistakes though!

SuperRiolu

you can only learn from mistakes, am I right?

The rules seem quite simple. I hope I can try it soon!
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

DrP

Yes, of course.

Also, a word of advice, if someone "safeties" someone else, it means they are voting them for the first time (since no one else voted for them). Learn from my faux-pas!

SlowPokemon

Hahahaha
Actually, your mistake was saying "I hope I'm not wolf meat tonight", or something like that... lol

I hope to do better my second time.

Let the signups begin, Nakah!

And let the phases end on time... >.>
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nakah

Quote from: SuperRiolu on August 15, 2010, 12:04:18 AMThis game seems interesting. I may want to try it out whenever it starts!

(oh, and I'm new here)

Yeah definitely try it out, you'll find it to be intellectually addictive! I've been playing this game on different sites for more than 6 years, so if you have any questions about how/where to start, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly help.

Always looking to get fresh people involved in the game, and it's a great way to get to know the community.

SuperRiolu

Quote from: Nakah on August 15, 2010, 08:35:37 AMYeah definitely try it out, you'll find it to be intellectually addictive! I've been playing this game on different sites for more than 6 years, so if you have any questions about how/where to start, feel free to PM me and I'll gladly help.

Always looking to get fresh people involved in the game, and it's a great way to get to know the community.

Well, you're rules seem pretty self explanatory. I may have a question or two if I play the game, when I start out and how to get going from there.

Thanks! Do you know when the next signups are?

SuperFireKirby

When ever nakah decides to start a topic for hosting tryouts.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

master_gamer38

Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

SlowPokemon

Thank you!
I was wondering why those hadn't already gone up... >.>
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DrP

Quote from: master_gamer38 on August 15, 2010, 01:44:06 PMI'm starting up host signups.

Nakah was planning on taking it for TWG IX and then I would go after that. Concerto didnt even sign up for a game either!

master_gamer38

Yeah, Nakah beat me. :P

Oh well, I have my own little TWG idea coming along.

DrP

Quote from: master_gamer38 on August 15, 2010, 05:39:45 PMYeah, Nakah beat me. :P

Oh well, I have my own little TWG idea coming along.

I would have done it, but Nakah and I agreed that I should play another game (and not as a wolf) to experience everythin to the fullest (and im not a mod, so I can't just go for it, either).

But I have about 3 normal ideas and one mega one that is for 16 people (4 wolves and some items to go along)

master_gamer38

My idea is completely different than just a game. :P It's a whole new way to play.