News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Next Update(5 Songs Each)

Started by Nakah, August 23, 2010, 09:41:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olimar12345

gosh, i've learned so much in leik 2 days! that tempo marking thing always bugged me-thanks for the explanaition!
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

Having gone through everyone's arrangements, here is the feedback. The ones in green have been accepted. If you have any questions or need some clarification, feel free to ask. Also, if you'd rather that I fix something up, I'm happy to do that too.

Olimar12345
(I did go through and make some slight modifications here and there, nothin major)

Labyrinth Fight
  • Accepted.

Trailer Theme
  • Accepted.

Something Peculiar
  • Accepted.

Running Hell
  • Accepted.

On to Grasstown
  • Accepted.

Dr. Pamplemousse
Toad Town
  • Unplayable - The player's hands are going to be on top of each other.
  • Formatting is entirely wrong.
  • The layout of the staves does not resemble a piano sheet.

Lilycove Museum
  • Fixed it, Accepted.

Petalburg City
  • Fixed it, Accepted.

Fortree City
  • Fixed it, Accepted.

Route 29
  • Fixed it, Accepted.

dahans
Dewford Town
  • No metronome marking.
  • Don't just put the pedal mark. Either write out all pedal marking for all relevent measures including the pedal release symbol, or write "con pedale" underneath the stave.
  • Incorrect notes in left/right hands.
  • Is there a reason for the giant chords at the end there?
  • Read the formatting guidelines.
  • Checked with a friend and it's unplayable

Oldale Town
  • Fixed it, Accepted.

Route 209
  • "Fast!" and "Slow!" are not legitimate tempo markings or instructions. Put metronome markings instead.
  • Left hand is wrong at the start (Measure 3 onwards).
  • Incorrect rhythm/note groupings.
  • Right hand has some extra unneccesary notes towards the end (measure 22 onwards)

Cherrygrove City
  • It's already on the site

Final Bowser
  • 5 pages of empty measure need to be deleted.
  • Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there's part of the song missing.
  • The constant semiquavers are unecessary and unplayable.
  • No metronome marking.

pumpy_heart
Nothing really extra to say here aside from what was in my PM.

sipan1234
Fighting of the Spirit
  • A couple of wrong notes here and there
  • Rhythm grouping issues.

Keen Edged Blade
  • Some formatting issues.
  • A couple of wrong notes in the right hand.
  • Left hand is unplayable in some parts

Opening Stage
  • Fixed it, Accepted.

Frostman
  • Some of the rhythms & notes in the left hand are incorrect.
  • Fix the formatting.

Commander6
Museum
  • Accepted.

Shade Man
  • Accepted.

Shademan Stage (Alt)
  • Accepted.

Spring Man
  • Accepted.

Turbo Man
  • Accepted.

fabbemannen
Worm's Main Theme
  • Accepted.

Eight Melodies
  • Fixed it, Accepted.

I'll do an update when we can get at least 20 songs accepted.

Brassman388

Now that's some serious update-age.

Sekter77

Dang.
Quality standards are at some serious highs now! But it's good to see updates starting back up again, and we won't need to correct these later if we can catch the mistakes now. Then we can actually finish the Fixing the Sheets project without adding any more weight to it. I suppose many thanks are in order for the staff and the arrangers who will undertake all this quality control.
Guitar and video games.

Shadoninja

[SNES]Tiny Toons Adventures: Buster Busts Loose - A Break in Action + Wow you need practice[MUS][MID]
[GBA]FF Tactics Advance - Companions That Surpassed Their Tribe [MUS][MID]
[GBA]FF Tactics Advance - Teach me, Montblanc [MUS][MID]
[SNES] Terranigma - Into The Door (replacement for World Control) [MUS][MID]
[GBA]FF Tactics Advance - Amber Valley [MUS][MID]
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

The Deku Trombonist

Bloody hell...more work :P

I have more time at the moment so you'll get a little more detailed feedback than everyone else.

Shadoninja
A Break in Action
  • Accepted.

Companions That Surpassed Their Tribe
  • Don't use 8va/8vb followed by loco. It's a pain to have to remember that while your playing. Use the dashed line as you've done in other places.
  • I'm pretty sure the rhythm around 17-19 is based entirely on triplets.
  • No dotted rests (except perhaps dotted quaver restsif they're on the beat).
  • Dynamics written twice, unecessarily at 45 & 51
  • Some parts sound off but I'll have to sit down for a little while to work them out because that is a pretty tough song.

Teach me, Mont Blanc
  • Wrong notes/ right notes in wrong octave.
  • No dotted rests

Into the Door
  • Accepted.

Amber Valley
  • Accepted.

Like I said before in the other post, if you can't be bothered/don't have anough time to fix stuff up, I'm happy to do it for you. Also, if you want clarification/more explaination, just ask.

SlowPokemon

Are you still gonna submit stuff yourself, DekuTrombonist? :-\ I hope so.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

The Deku Trombonist

Shadoninja

A Break in Action
    • One small problem. The minim at the end of bar 12 should be a tremolo between the 2 E's, not just repetitive striking of the same octave. If you can't do it, I probably could but I'll have to work out how first :P.

go for it if you can figure out how to. the best I can come up with is 32th notes.

Companions That Surpassed Their Tribe
    • Some parts sound off but I'll have to sit down for a little while to work them out because that is a pretty tough song.

I mixed some parts together in an attempt to get as much in as possible.  for example, at bar 5 it's a french horn part playing the rhythm of the bass.

Teach me, Mont Blanc
    • Wrong notes/ right notes in wrong octave.
    • No dotted rests

might need some help on this one.

Amber Valley
    • Perhaps you could include the arpeggios in some places such as 9-10, 13-15, 17-19 etc. But if you don't want to, I guess I could accept it as is.
    I don't think they'd work at those parts.
    • Is there anything that can be done to make the beginning sound a little less dissonant? I'm pretty sure the notes are right but maybe it just doesn't work on piano.
    probably not, but I don't think it sounds that dissonant.
    [/list]

[GBA]FF Tactics Advance - Companions That Surpassed Their Tribe [MUS]
    [GBA]FF Tactics Advance - Amber Valley [MUS]
    "And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

fabbemannen

I've updated the songs now (as good I could, you can't do everything in Notepad 08).

About Eight Melodies, first I used this,
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XkzAi-Lp9w4
    but when you said it was wrong I doublechecked with this
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ghZpyHP7B_g
    I couldn't find any mistakes in the key, so I guess I say it's from Mother 1/Earthbound Zero

The Deku Trombonist

But that particular track is an orchestral arrangement of the original. We don't do arrangements of arrangements, we do arrangements of original in-game tracks.

In this case, it's this one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=85XM_Nl7_oo

Shadoninja: I didn't mean that I didn't like the way you combined the parts, I meant that some of the bits sounded wrong. How's this? Companions...

I'm still working on the tremolos. Amber Valley is Accepted. Teach Me, Mont Blanc is work in progress.

fabbemannen

Well, I knew it was the same melodies so I used that anyhow. I still don't find any problem, is it accepted?

The Deku Trombonist

Yeah, alright. But I'm changing the key to match the original.

dahans

What's wrong with the formatting? Anyway, I don't have time to rearrange everything... I don't really care if my arrangments are accepted or not. If you don't consider them good enough, don't accept them.
    Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

fabbemannen

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on October 09, 2010, 03:58:39 AMYeah, alright. But I'm changing the key to match the original.

Sorry for the troubles =) Further arrangements hopefully going to be as they should be  :P

By the way, when uploading the Worms theme it should be Worms, not Worm's. Since we're tryinig to get it right =D And there are 3 earthbound rows or what it's called in the other section