News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Metroid Other M

Started by KefkaticFanatic, August 27, 2010, 02:48:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KefkaticFanatic

The other topic is over a year old.

So it actually gets good reviews, and Amazon gives you $20 game credit if you preorder with free release date delivery if you're cool like me and have Amazon Prime.

But I won't get it because I still have like 20 360 games, TF2, Oblivion, 10 other games on Steam, PSP games, etc.  To work on.

And New Vegas is coming out soon.

And I have a full IB schedule to work on.

HOWEVER.  According to reviews, it's a very nice game and besides shitty storyline which was pretty obvious in the trailers, you want to be picking it up.  I probably will by the end of the year.

me irl
[close]

Meta-Ridley

Love the gameplay, although it would be better if you could move around in first person perspective.
it got an 8.5 from IGN, which is pretty dissapointing as I think Metroid Prime got 9.7. I think what really gets me is
that the ingame (non cutscene) graphics in prime are better than Other M, even though Other M is on a newer console.

Taser9090

Quote from: metroid/bkfan on August 28, 2010, 04:37:59 AMLove the gameplay, although it would be better if you could move around in first person perspective.
it got an 8.5 from IGN, which is pretty dissapointing as I think Metroid Prime got 9.7. I think what really gets me is
that the ingame (non cutscene) graphics in prime are better than Other M, even though Other M is on a newer console.
They may change the rating once the game comes out.

I'll be getting this game, but not on the release date. I really wondered about Adam in Metroid Fusion.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

Jamaha

Shitty storyline? Meh, was hoping they'd finally release a Metroid with some proper storytelling. Guess not then.

Meta-Ridley

I think us Metroid fans enjoy the games better if there is less of a storyline.
Metroid Prime 3: corruption had too much interaction with people, and defending the planet, then finding the bounty hunters, then attacking the space pirate home etc.
It was just too much 

SuperFireKirby

Considering I'm already planning on buying Kirby: Epic Yarn, Skyward Sword, and Diablo III(if they actually decide not to delay another year) I probably won't buy this game until I have a job, which I should have very soon. The game overall looks great, I haven't read any reviews yet but I plan to soon. Hopefully won't be a disappointment.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on August 28, 2010, 03:55:51 PMConsidering I'm already planning on buying Kirby: Epic Yarn, Skyward Sword, and Diablo III(if they actually decide not to delay another year) I probably won't buy this game until I have a job, which I should have very soon. The game overall looks great, I haven't read any reviews yet but I plan to soon. Hopefully won't be a disappointment.

None of those other games are coming out for a good while though.  Kirby is in October, but that's still 2 months out.

me irl
[close]

Maretocks

Bad plot?

I was under the impression that this game was going to have plot as a major turnaround for the series. Oh well.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: KefkaticFanatic on August 28, 2010, 07:44:02 PMNone of those other games are coming out for a good while though.  Kirby is in October, but that's still 2 months out.
But the problem is, I don't get that much money. No job, no allowance. Plus, after mixed reviews, I'm not sure I want to spend $50 on this game.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

KefkaticFanatic

81 on metacritic is not mixed.

me irl
[close]

Maretocks

<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

KefkaticFanatic

Yeah, but ow, the story is shitty.

me irl
[close]

Maretocks

Meh, think of Mario. :P I think I'll enjoy this game nonetheless.
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

KefkaticFanatic

Ew.  I don't think anything could have been worse than the Super Mario Sunshine voice acting.

me irl
[close]

SlowPokemon

That was horrible voice acting. And SO BORING, especially listening to Fludd.

Luckily they got smart with that in SMG 1 and 2--still there are cutscenes, but they're way less boring without all that talking.

Of course, there's a lot of dialogue in SMG, but I don't mind that.

On a side note, Super Mario Sunshine is one of the worst games I've ever played... xD I haven't given it much of a chance, though... is it worth finishing?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.