News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

TWG IX: Post Game

Started by Nakah, August 27, 2010, 07:34:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakah

Firstly, I have to say that this was by far the best TWG ever to take place on this site. Better in so many ways. I would consider this a benchmark in the TWG Forum and a monument of the first ever legitimate TWG on NSM.

So onto the post game analysis!

The Players:

1. Mashi -Wolf
   2. Concerto No. 20 in D Minor -Human: Lantern Keeper
   3. Universe-x -Human
   4. SlowPokemon -Human
   5. Drpamplemousse -Human
   6. Master_Gamer38 -Seer: Lantern Keeper
   7. SuperFireKirby -Human
   8. SuperRiolu -Wolf
   9. Jake3343 -The Strange Man
 10. Askalice23 -Master Wolf: Lantern Keeper

Victory: Humans

Everyone played a lot better this game. I'm not sure whether it was the way the game was designed, the players who joined, or just a collection of experience and the right mindset. The game started off on the right foot, with a really good Day 1 phase(7 pages! Who knew so much could happen during Day 1?)

Mashi: I think your presence in this game brought a stable ground for discussion and debate. Your experience with analyzing the facts and calculating the probabilities and odds set a good foundation for everyone to base their arguments off of and develop new ideas. Although, I think if some of the humans had been reading your posts from the perspective of a wolf and not a human, it may have become a lot more apparent to them that you were trying to be the puppet master behind the curtains. Nevertheless, kudos to you for making it to the very end.

Concerto: You died early, again. You did you part well though, at least as well as you could have for the position you were in. Good decisions were made by the lantern keepers early on.

Universe: You played better this game, with less conclusive posts and more open-minded posts. Although I think you still have quite a bit to learn(as there is always more to learn in TWG), you are doing much better than your first few games. Thanks for not breaking the rules either.

Drp: Yeah, you had a slip up in the game that merited an illegal action, but no big deal. You took your punishment without complaint and saw the reasoning behind it. Even if nothing did happen between yourself and UX, there was nothing I could do without upsetting the validity of the game. Definitely look into playing(or hosting) more TWGs.

MG: You were a good seer, and lasted well into the game. I don't know much of what went on behind the curtains in PMs, but you performed your part as well as anyone could.

SlowPokemon: Rapid improvement this game, and a very good open-minded perspective through all of the fuss. You were dead on with your accusations by the end of the game, and you were on the right path leading up to said accusations. Your defense was as good as it could be, but the lynching was beyond your control(logic doesn't always win, unfortunately). Good job this game, let it be a reference for you to look back upon when playing future games, because you're definitely going to get much better as the games go on.

SuperFireKirby Another game where you held a good position as human. Keep up what your doing, because you are getting better with each game and each different scenario.

AskAlice: You did well hiding yourself while you could, but eventually the tides of suspicion caught up to you(often inevitible). I would say that like Mashi your posts were a bit more obvious from the perspective of a wolf, but that didn't really affect your positioning amongst everyone else and you did well in deceiving the lantern keepers, MG, and everyone else.

SuperRiolu: Very good first game. You were placed on a team with very experienced players and I'm glad you kept a more 'listening' stance when making wolf team decisions. You'll learn a lot faster by being mindful of those with experience, but don't be afraid to jump out and take a stand in future games either.

Jake3343 You almost seriously won this game, even to my surprise. You only sent in two guesses the entire game though(and I yelled at kotor to tell you to send in more!). You were only off by one on the last guess, however, and that was Concerto as the last of the lantern keepers. Nevertheless, you played utr and pretty well(making it all the way to the end without much spotlight). So good job there.

I am really happy with the way this TWG went. It's definitely my favorite one on the site yet. Everyone played very well, and each person helped their team advance to victory, but one person who I think stood out the most for doing that(which surprised me because of their inexperience) was Slowpokemon. I am really pleased with how level headed he finished the game, and where he left the human team at the time of his death. It is for this reason that I'm giving the MVP to Slowpokemon. Good job.

That's about all I can really say right now. I'm going to consider this the first TWG in a long line of what I hope will be a self-sustaining TWG forum community. I'm going to be doing a lot of things with this forum in the near future, but for now I'm going to get started on making the host signups thread for TWG X.

Good job, everyone.

universe-X

I really liked this game too ;D I just had to stay in the game :D I'm glad I'm getting better, but I was disappointed to see my guesses (as far as the last phases of the game) were wrong. :-\ Comes with practice, I guess. :D

SlowPokemon

I'm so super happy! :D

MVP on my second game... I'm all smiles now!

Gonna sign up for the next one, definitely! Because although I did well, there's always room for improvement!

Let's see if I can land myself a wolf role next time!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nakah

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 27, 2010, 08:10:18 PMLet's see if I can land myself a wolf role next time!

And this here is why SlowPokemon died Day 1 of TWG X.

master_gamer38

Yeah, based on the percentages that I tested, I trusted that AskAlice would probably be a regular human. And I trusted him way more than I should have. If the night phase would have lasted the full time, I had a plan that would have kept me lasting in spirit longer. But, as soon as I died, it was pretty obvious what happened.

Oh well, humans one. Twas a good game. Full of good reasons.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Jub3r7

Percentages can be a lot different from the actual results; this little experiment we did in class four years ago involved shuffling cards in a bag and drawing them. It went something like there were 7 green and 3 blue or something like that, and my partner and I drew blue almost every time, even though it went completely against what we were just taught. I forget what philosopher said this, but "What can happen, will happen." And while TWG X will be my first game, I think I'll do fine, as long as I don't act too suspicious. In a supermarket a lady thought I was stealing gum from the shelf; I was actually stuffing it into my pocket since I had already payed for it and didn't want my parents to find out....
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

askalice23

sorry mg.... i planned on keeping you around so you could possibly vote with us but i had to wolf you so that mashi wouldnt be found out and also to see if that would throw off the others :P

master_gamer38

Well, it was like a 3.7% chance. And the only difference would have been an extra phase. So, I took the risk.

Oh well. I had seered Concerto night one, and concerto and I used the Lanterns on askalice, so I got both green right away. It was, gotta go for it. And then for my next one, I wasn't quite sure, so I randomly chose SFK, just because I could tell askalice to share the details. And SFK was a common suspect.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

SuperRiolu

This was a fun game, even though I was killed off early and we had the DrP "curveball" as AskAlice puts it. I can't wait for the next game. DrP and I have been discussing some scenarios and I think they're really cool

Slow definitely deserved the MVP, everything (for the most part) that he said was spot on.

I can't wait to see the roles split up again and everyone else is a different role!
I'm just going to spend my summer here in California doing so many things. There are a lot of things to do here!

askalice23

hahaha the curveball comment,,,

looking back that coulda really hurt me... but it didnt matter i died shortly after xD

jake3343

D:<

I thought Mashi was a latern keeper because he and MG were thinking Askalice was human, so I assumed they had seer'd AA. Also, when I said though I was absolutely sure Mashi was human, I didn't really mean it. I knew that if SFK were the wolf, he would have to wolf Mashi, while if Mashi were the wolf, he would wolf U-X. Somehow I justed hoped U-X wasn't the wolf.

SlowPokemon

I really love TWG... what exactly made this one the best?

Was it...
  • The effort everyone put in to actually play the game?
  • The low amount of players?
  • The DrP curveball?
  • The final wolf being played so well?
  • The final humans playing so badly, but still managing to win?
  • The very cool addition of the Strange Man and the lanterns?
  • Excellent stories?
  • SlowPokemon?

I personally think that all of these things made this TWG the best, and I am happy to have been a part of it.

ENTER TWG X!
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Mashi

But jake3343, you didn't even let me defend myself.  :(
AND WHOEVER SAID YOU HAD TO LET THE HUMANS WIN?

Anyways, this was a great game guys, probably one of my better Wolf performances in TWG.  I would think my main problem is dropping herring and suspicions on other players.  When the next Day Phase would walk by I would say to myself "Wait, who am I supposed to press to lynch..." and I ended up having to make these convoluted plans leading me to try to win.  (If anyone's curious, the jake3343 wolfing was done intentionally so that I could try to get him lynched (Which is pretty crazy in a whole since everyone was suspicious of SFK and I knew sooner or later there would be some kind of choice between me and jake3343) and make me Human by claimed Seer to Universe-X (Since he was a confirmed Human) since I knew Master_Gamer38 was Seer.)  Unfortunately for me, when SlowPokemon decided to speak up against me, I thought it would have improved my plans, so I decided to lynch him and then SFK to win, but then jake3343 decided to be the worst dad everrrrrrr. :(

Anyways, if I made add on a bit.  SlowPokemon, I think the main reason you were lynched wasn't because you brought up the evidence too late, but because you didn't refute any rebuttals I made (There's also the fact that I got Universe X to believe I was the Seer, hehe, though it's understandable because of the way I was able to prove the way I was acting was because of seerings and Master_Gamer38 was the Seer and he b ded.)  

All in all,
JAKE3343, YOU'RE THE WORST DAD EVERRRRRR.  :(

jake3343

You can't defeat me, I am beyond your mortal shell.

Mashi

Is that your way of saying I'm grounded? :(