News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

TWG X: HOST SIGNUPS

Started by Nakah, August 28, 2010, 07:56:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakah

Post your ideas here. I'll add your name to a poll and people can vote for it. This will last until a majority has hit been reached after a few days pass by.

SlowPokemon

Pokemon theme xP

It is present day, in Kanto (Saffron City). Pokemon Trainers everywhere live in fear. Team Rocket has made the biggest, scariest, and gravest comeback in history. Even worse, Team Rocket has infiltrated Saffron City in the hopes of stealing Pokemon and then murdering the Pokemons' Trainers. There are Team Rocket members living in the town, but none of the Pokemon Trainers know who to trust and who to report as they look just like an average Pokemon Trainer. Trainers are GREEN, Rockets are RED.

There is someone who has psychic abilities (Gym Leader) in Saffron City, and can send a pm to the host to find out any person's color. But Giovanni, the Team Rocket Leader, is known to be living in Saffron City. Giovanni is seer'd green even though he's a Rocket.

There is also the owner of Silph Co., (also the mayor of Saffron), who looks out for the town in times of need and can protect one player per night from being killed by Team Rocket.

Giovanni (Master Wolf)
Rocket (Wolf)
Rocket

Gym Leader (Seer)
Mayor (Guardian)

Trainer (Human)
Trainer
Trainer
Trainer
Trainer

Special Item: Max Revive--given to a random Trainer (green) at the start of the game. It allows that Trainer to resurrect another Trainer who has been wolfed (not lynched).

Sound stupid or good? :P Because I'd love to host if it sounds good.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

I think it would be nice to see Cobraroll's El Guerilla story again, minus the armor item because the seer + guardian alliance would be invincible.... I believe that's the reason Nakah took out the Guardian himself in the story with the two items, as to make sure this didn't happen.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Nakah

There was more to it than just that. I'm not personally favoring that one, but if others really wanted it then there's a way we could make it work.

The possibilities are literally endless.

DrP

Hitchhiker Game
   Life in the galaxy is drastically changing. The Bureaucratic Vogons are plotting to demolish the planet Xena, the largest planet in the Apollo Solar System, located in the Andromeda Galaxy. Xena has been the location of extra-galactic flights from Earth and the Humans beginning to revolt on Xena. Vogons have been able to perfect the technology of transforming into Humans, but only for a span of 15 hours a day. They have killed off and replaced some Xena Council Members, with authorization from the head Vogon, and will continue killing off the rest of them. The Head Council Member, the Galactic Vice President has been observing the Vogons and has been getting closer to those she suspects as Vogons and exposing their true identity, if a Vogon. Then there is the Hitchhiker. He, using the knowledge of the book, can guard any Council Member as he needs fit. Lastly, there is the Minister of Trans-Galactic Affairs, who may seem like a Vogon, but is actually a true council member.

Vogon
Vogon
Vogon

Galactic Vice President - Seer
Hitchhiker - Guardian
Minister of Trans-Galactic Affairs - A Council Member, but seer’d as a Vogon
Xena Council Member
Xena Council Member
Xena Council Member
Xena Council Member
Xena Council Member
Xena Council Member
Xena Council Member

Items:
The BabelFish - Given to a Xena Council Member from the start, allowing him to find out the identity of someone (at random). There is an unlock code to use this item once
The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy - An Item held by the Hitchhiker that enables him to save a person from being lynched as he sees fit. He must post the unlock code on the thread to save the person BEFORE THE DAY IS UP
Vogon Poetry - An item held by a Vogon. It enables him to find out the identity of a random person, allowing him to insta-wolf them (unless they are protected by a person). They must use an unlock code on their PM to the host

The MEGA Game!
   Team Galactic is at it again, this time under the guidance by the Galactic Commanders, including their newest admin unknown to anyone. It is up to the Hoenn Gym Leaders to fight back. This time, the Galactic Commanders are planning on harnessing the power of Cresselia, Darkrai, and Rotom to get Arceus, so they can remake a better land for them to enter in. Karen of the Johto Elite Four has been tracking Team Galactic since they stole a bunch of Pokémon from their resting places, and can point them out amidst Hoenn Gym Leaders investigating the situation. Cynthia wants to make sure all the Gym Leaders are safe, so she is protecting them during the night hours with her trusty Garchomp. Sabrina has aided her powers to detect how many Commanders are alive. The Galactic Commanders are going to start kidnapping the Hoenn Gym Leaders, so they don’t have to worry about them impeding on their plans.
Mars
Jupiter
Saturn

Neptune - The newest admin will be seer’d as a Hoenn Gym Leader
Karen - Seer
Cynthia - Guardian
Sabrina - Psychic
Roxanne
Brawly
Wattson
Flannery
Norman
Winona
Tate
Liza
Wallace

Items:
Bicycle - Given to a Hoenn Gym Leader at the beginning. It allows them to escape a kidnapping/wolfing. Can only be used one time with the correct unlock code
Go-Goggles - an item given to a Hoenn Gym Leader, which enables them to see a kidnapping happen, seeing the Commander and the Leader. This item can be used once with the correct code
Luck Incense - Found in the hands of Sabrina, giving her the chance to Seer someone, and will give the correct seering result (will seer Neptune as red if guessed correctly)
Life Orb - An item found in the hands of a Galactic Commander. When lynched, it will enable the Commander to take someone else down with them. One time use with the right activation code

So you have now reached the bottom, should we continue these with items, or should we just go "bare-bones"? There is some originality in some items, but I think some of these will be a great game to play (and I was especially fond of the Mafia game... sensing there wasn't really anything "new" about it!)

EDIT: So I have chosen the mega game since some people may be attracted to the fact that there is a larger amount of people and four wolves and various items (I personally like the Go-Goggles... that's pretty original)

SlowPokemon

So many girl roles in that last one...

That's why I didn't give the Saffron City Gym leader a name. :P

Cause if ETF played or something and she was the only girl, everyone would assume she was Sabrina.

The only thing about mine is that it's too plain.

EDIT TIME.

DrP

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 28, 2010, 01:11:36 PMSo many girl roles in that last one...

That's why I didn't give the Saffron City Gym leader a name. :P

Cause if ETF played or something and she was the only girl, everyone would assume she was Sabrina.

The only thing about mine is that it's too plain.

EDIT TIME.

Everyone may think so, but it's all going to be done at random thanks to my Statistics class. I love my calculator!!
so ETF may be a guy and a bunch of guys will be girls. They are just for nominative purposes (because I was just bored)... everyone will say they're human instead of a hoenn gym leader, or seer instead of karen.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 28, 2010, 09:53:25 AMPokemon theme xP

It is present day, in Kanto (Saffron City). Pokemon Trainers everywhere live in fear. Team Rocket has made the biggest, scariest, and gravest comeback in history. Even worse, Team Rocket has infiltrated Saffron City in the hopes of stealing Pokemon and then murdering the Pokemons' Trainers. There are Team Rocket members living in the town, but none of the Pokemon Trainers know who to trust and who to report as they look just like an average Pokemon Trainer. Trainers are GREEN, Rockets are RED.

There is someone who has psychic abilities (Gym Leader) in Saffron City, and can send a pm to the host to find out any person's color. But Giovanni, the Team Rocket Leader, is known to be living in Saffron City. Giovanni is seer'd green even though he's a Rocket.

There is also the owner of Silph Co., (also the mayor of Saffron), who looks out for the town in times of need and can protect one player per night from being killed by Team Rocket.

Giovanni (Master Wolf)
Rocket (Wolf)
Rocket

Gym Leader (Seer)
Mayor (Guardian)

Trainer (Human)
Trainer
Trainer
Trainer
Trainer

Special Item: Max Revive--given to a random Trainer (green) at the start of the game. It allows that Trainer to resurrect another Trainer who has been wolfed (not lynched).

Sound stupid or good? :P Because I'd love to host if it sounds good.

Then don't host, Slow! It sounds stupid!

..Hold on. ._.

SuperFireKirby

I've already tried with this idea, but lets give it a secong try.

9:10 A.M.
A man gets a phone call. He picks up.
   "Hello?" He asks."Who is this?"
A slightly cheery, almost to the point of psychotic, male voice answers him.
   "Hello my good friend."He says."I want to play a little game"
   "Who the hell is this?"
   "I have many forms" He answers." Right now I'm your guardian angel. I would duck in about ten seconds or else you'll be shot through that window next to you"
The man becomes stricken with fear. He freezes up when suddenly he hears on the phone.
   "5"
   "4"
   "3"
   "2"
   "1"
The man ducks, when suddenly the glass shatters. He sees a bullet hole in the wall in front of him. He picks up the phone which he had dropped and shouts into it.
   "What the hell do you want?!"
   The voice answers "If you want to stay alive you'll do exactly as I say. Get out of your apartment and run down to 42nd. Go into the first alley you see. Go until you see stairs going down to a door. Go through the door and await further instructions."
The man, not knowing what else to do, listened to the voice. As he turned the corner into the alley, he heard more gun fire. He knew that someone was after him. As he raced through the door he saw 12 other people inside the small room on the other side of the door.
    One woman asked "Did you get a phone call too?"
The man nodded, and suddenly a large television screen inside the dark, musty room lit up. The silhouette of a man's face appeared.
   "Hello all" He said. "Today you shall all be part of a little social experiment. The same men who were shooting at you are in this very room. And it's up to you who were involuntarily dragged into this little game to find and kill them. Teamwork people! That. Is. The key. Without it, you're all dead meat. Quite literally in fact. Hahahaha!!! LET THE GAMES BEGIN!"

Players

Hitman(wolf)
Hitman(wolf)
Hitman(wolf)
Contestant(human)
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant
Contestant

Contestant

Items

Polygraph- allows possessor to seer one person during each night phase.  Will be destroyed if possessor is killed. Can be given to another person by PM'ing the host.

Silenced Pistol-allows possessor to vigi one player during each night phase. Will be destroyed if possessor is killed.. Can be given to another person by PM'ing the host.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Problems: Nothing "extra"...

Plus, it's kinda stupid to have the Seer and Vigi be items... make them actual people. xP

That is all.

master_gamer38

See, this is why I hosted a manhunt. You don't need to have anything extra for it to be a good game. I think most of you are putting in items into your game as a crutch for players. Asides, the concept of having items being the role isn't bad, making abilities transferable is a notable concept.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 28, 2010, 04:05:18 PMProblems: Nothing "extra"...

Plus, it's kinda stupid to have the Seer and Vigi be items... make them actual people. xP

That is all.
If these items were made people instead only one person could possess the ability. Making them items instead allows them to be transferred between players.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

That is a good point... I am warming to the idea. ;D

DrP

I kinda like the idea of transferable roles and such...

I do want to try out this Mega game I have worked up, though

SlowPokemon

Yeah, but there are 17 roles... we'd need to get everyone who has played in the past and then some...

I could convince dahans! (maybe)