djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

DonValentino

Quote from: insaneintherain on June 15, 2012, 11:03:09 PMSince it's not a duet, you might want to change "Piano 1" as the instrument name to "Piano". Also might want to consider using the time signature as cut time, rather than 4/4, as your metronome mark is in half notes anyway.

Oh, yes. Everything is corrected now. Thanks!  :)

DonValentino

2 new additions! "Spotted! Youngster" and "Spotted! Lass".

Only Spotted! Black Belt, Ace Trainer and Team PlasmaGalactic left!  :D

And yes, now I'm doing solos because I'm a bit lazy these days.

SlowPokemon

Continue to be lazy because no one plays the duets. Also, Team Plasma is Black and White; if you're talking about the Black and White soundtrack, I have already done the "Eye Contact! Shorts Youngster" and "Eye Contact! Miniskirt" themes. I'm guessing you probably just meant Team Galactic though.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 21, 2012, 01:53:40 PMContinue to be lazy because no one plays the duets. Also, Team Plasma is Black and White; if you're talking about the Black and White soundtrack, I have already done the "Eye Contact! Shorts Youngster" and "Eye Contact! Miniskirt" themes. I'm guessing you probably just meant Team Galactic though.

Of course, Team Galactic! What was I thinking? Sorry.  :-X

DonValentino

2 new additions! "Spotted! Black Belt" and "Spotted! Ace Trainer".

pumpy_heart

Are you interested in doing the "Trainer Appears" themes from the original RBY? I don't believe anyone has done them and they're not on the site.

DonValentino

Quote from: pumpy_heart on June 24, 2012, 05:23:19 PMAre you interested in doing the "Trainer Appears" themes from the original RBY? I don't believe anyone has done them and they're not on the site.

Yeah, why not? I might start with some Trainer Encounters from Pokemon Black/White too.

pumpy_heart

Cool deal! I think there's only 4 in RBY. Rival Appears has already been done. Boy, Girl, Rocket left.

DonValentino

Now that you say Rocket, I remember that there's another one! In Pokémon Yellow, there's a special theme when Jessie and James appear. But yes, only those 4, I guess.

And I've finally completed the "Spotted!" project!  ;D
Now you can download a collection made by me of every single Spotted! theme with a nice cover that includes every battle sprite of every trainer class, excluding leaders, elites and Cynthia, because those aren't their themes.

Download it on the section below my arrangements.

Consequently... New addition! "Team Galactic Enters! (Spotted! Team Galactic)"

That's all for now.  :)

DonValentino

Quote from: pumpy_heart on June 25, 2012, 08:03:41 AMCool deal! I think there's only 4 in RBY. Rival Appears has already been done. Boy, Girl, Rocket left.

Done.

Also, I'm not sure if I'll do the Rocket theme from Yellow. I mean, the song is catchy, but I don't like it a lot.  :P

By the way, I'm kinda undecided about the key signatures and the enharmonic spelling, specially in the "Male" and "Bad Person" ones.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: WarioMan98 on June 25, 2012, 04:17:21 AMYeah, why not? I might start with some Trainer Encounters from Pokemon Black/White too.

As long as you check my thread to make sure I haven't already done them, cause I've done several... so don't do any of mine unless they need a replacement ^_^

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 30, 2012, 12:19:34 PMAs long as you check my thread to make sure I haven't already done them, cause I've done several... so don't do any of mine unless they need a replacement ^_^

Oh, hadn't noticed you did some. EDIT: Whateeeever, I'll do the ones from RSE first then and leave the BW ones for later, k?
EDIT 2: And I won't do the ones you did unless I think they need a replacement...

SlowPokemon

....you can't promise anything? XD just don't do the ones I already did unless you think it's a bad arrangement and needs a replacement. Seriously.

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on June 30, 2012, 12:34:48 PM....you can't promise anything? XD just don't do the ones I already did unless you think it's a bad arrangement and needs a replacement. Seriously.

See my previous post.  :-X

pumpy_heart

Wow! Quick turnaround. I better get to finishing my end, finishing up this soundtrack.

Just downloaded Bad Guy Encounter. Some of the chromatic spelling are really odd/wrong. In the pickup, you go B-Bb then back to B. This would make more sense as B-A#-B to show that the B is the real note being highlighted, since the A# moves to the B. That's called a neighbor note.
Surprise, surprise, they come back in the left hand in measure 1. D-Db should be D-C#, F#-E# likewise. The spelling you use are more common for passing tones, saying if a note goes from B-A with a chromatic note in between, the spelling B-Bb-A would make sense.
And you do spell the passing notes correctly in the right hand of measure 1 and measure 5! Now to fix a few more minor spelling errors. Since we've already introduced the pitch as A#, not Bb, it would make more sense to spell it like this in 2-5. Either spelling creates the desired chord, but using A# shows that there's really not two B's, but rather one B and one other clearly distinct pitch, A#.
In measure 3, since the chromatic line moves upwards, you should use sharps. When a chromatic line falls, flats. So the line should be G-G#-A(natural)-A#

Using these spelling will lead to a very quick reading for the performer. Use these tips whenever you encounter chromatic music again as they'll hold true to a lot of techniques employed by composers.
Good job!