News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

DonValentino

I'll only do as the poll says. ;)

Alright, guys. Another one done.
Did it quickly because it only has 8 measures, haha.

Either way, I'm still unsure if the key signature is right, so the accidentals. After thinking it for a while, I concluded it was F minor and then G minor. But still unsure as I said... Could you guys please enlighten me? :)

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Elder Princess Shroob Appears" MUS

TheZeldaPianist275

I believe you are correct.  Not a bad arrangement.  Keep it up!

Jompa

I haven't listened to the original - but from your arrangement I would say it is in Bb major at the beginning, and then changes into C major.
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Quote from: WarioMan98 on March 28, 2013, 02:21:44 PMI'm still unsure if the key signature is right, so the accidentals. After thinking it for a while, I concluded it was F minor and then G minor.

First of all, it doesn't begin in F minor. And the key signature you have there isn't even F minor, it's D minor, which ALSO is not correct. XD It's in B-flat minor. And then at measure 3 it changes to C minor for the remainder of the piece.

Out of curiosity, and if I sound rude I apologize because that isn't my intention, but why is it so hard to figure out what key the piece is in?

edit: ninja'd. Jompa, I think C minor would be more accurate as the lingering tone is the minor one, but C major I suppose might be acceptable due to the random chords in the second measures of each section.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jompa

Slow, the think that determines which tone-gender (minor/major) a song is in, regardless of modes, is the third.
In this piece the third is in action a lot - and it is clearly a major third.
As we can see in the Bb part - the melody goes to a D, right? Which is the major third to Bb.
And in the C part - it goes to an E, the major third here as well.
So I definitely believe it is major.

I didn't really understand what you meant with "the lingering tone"? It is my english, so it is not your fault.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 28, 2013, 02:48:23 PMOut of curiosity, and if I sound rude I apologize because that isn't my intention, but why is it so hard to figure out what key the piece is in?
I don't really see why either - I don't wanna sound rude, so sorry if I do...
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on March 28, 2013, 02:46:10 PMI haven't listened to the original - but from your arrangement I would say it is in Bb major at the beginning, and then changes into C major.
You're right! I don't know why but I was obstinate that it had to be minor compulsorily. Gosh, why didn't I consider the possibility of a major key before? I feel so stupid now. :P

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 28, 2013, 02:48:23 PMFirst of all, it doesn't begin in F minor. And the key signature you have there isn't even F minor, it's D minor, which ALSO is not correct. XD It's in B-flat minor. And then at measure 3 it changes to C minor for the remainder of the piece.

Out of curiosity, and if I sound rude I apologize because that isn't my intention, but why is it so hard to figure out what key the piece is in?

edit: ninja'd. Jompa, I think C minor would be more accurate as the lingering tone is the minor one, but C major I suppose might be acceptable due to the random chords in the second measures of each section.
Oops, sorry, meant D minor before.
No, you don't sound rude. It's not hard to figure out what key a piece is in, but sometimes it can be confusing.

I really think it's not B flat major. I have to agree with Jompa here. It's a major third in both cases, so that means they're both major.
Yeah, the lingering tone can make you think is minor, but again, look at the third.

Quote from: TheZeldaPianist275 on March 28, 2013, 02:36:14 PMI believe you are correct.  Not a bad arrangement.  Keep it up!
Well thank you! :D

Thanks a lot to all of you for your feedback! :)

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on March 28, 2013, 04:29:52 PMI really think it's not B flat major. I have to agree with Jompa here. It's a major third in both cases, so that means they're both major.
Sorry, but did you write something wrong here?
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Jompa also said the beginning was B-flat minor XD but yeah. It's a good arrangement, too bad this song never made it into the American game (the dialogue scrolls automatically, so you can only hear it for a second or two)

Jompa

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 28, 2013, 04:57:09 PMJompa also said the beginning was B-flat minor XD
Wait, what, I did?

Also still kinda curious to what "lingering tone" means :P
Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

Brassman388

Quote from: Jompa on March 28, 2013, 05:04:43 PMWait, what, I did?

Also still kinda curious to what "lingering tone" means :P

I think he means a note that can't quite fitted into any key, really. Since you guys are talking about minor keys, it could just be one of the raised 6th's or 7th's.

I haven't looked at it so I wouldn't know. Unless someone wants verification, I'm not gonna look at it.

You guys got it covered.

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

SlowPokemon

DonValentino

Argh! I meant minor! What's wrong with my fingers that don't type what I want?! :P
So yeah, both major.

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Elder Princess Shroob Appears" MUS

Ok, so M&L:PiT and Zelda Twilight Princess are winning so far.
The first one which reaches 5 votes will be the one that I'll do. So vote! :D

Jompa

I'll be nazi about the accidentals now:

In the B major part: I'd suggest changing the Db into C#, just because that will clear up any confusion when you are going to a D natural in the next measure. Either that, or parenthesize the D naturals!
It's the same in the C major part, of course: Eb into D#, or parenthesize the E naturals where necessary.
The rest seems fine! :)
Birdo for Smash