djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on March 29, 2013, 04:47:15 AMI'll be nazi about the accidentals now:

In the B major part: I'd suggest changing the Db into C#, just because that will clear up any confusion when you are going to a D natural in the next measure. Either that, or parenthesize the D naturals!
It's the same in the C major part, of course: Eb into D#, or parenthesize the E naturals where necessary.
The rest seems fine! :)
Alright, alright, mein fuhrer... :P

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Elder Princess Shroob Appears" MUS

DonValentino

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on March 29, 2013, 05:23:12 AMAlright, alright, mein fuhrer... :P
What a terrible joke, but don't worry, I still love you.

Now, it's all well and fine that you chose parenthesize the D naturals and the E naturals, but now you have parenthesized the G naturals and the A naturals as well, which is unnecessary - I don't know if you wanna bother, but those should be removed.

And your newest arrangement is great! :)

On something else:
I'll probably finish an arrangement of "Honest Feelings" from The Melancholy soon, that I've been working on for like three weeks or so, so check that out later when I upload it! :)
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Quote from: Jompa on March 29, 2013, 07:11:21 AMWhat a terrible joke, but don't worry, I still love you.
;D

Quote from: Jompa on March 29, 2013, 07:11:21 AMNow, it's all well and fine that you chose parenthesize the D naturals and the E naturals, but now you have parenthesized the G naturals and the A naturals as well, which is unnecessary - I don't know if you wanna bother, but those should be removed.
Aye, aye, captain! (better? xD)
Updated it in the last post.

Quote from: Jompa on March 29, 2013, 07:11:21 AMAnd your newest arrangement is great! :)
Thanks! But I'm a bit disappointed with it. I would have liked the part from measure 29-30 all over the song too. Sounds a little bit empty. But oh well, that's the only way it could be arranged and be playable! :)

Quote from: Jompa on March 29, 2013, 07:11:21 AMOn something else:
I'll probably finish an arrangement of "Honest Feelings" from The Melancholy soon, that I've been working on for like three weeks or so, so check that out later when I upload it! :)
Just checked it out. Magnificent as always! :D

Jompa

Quote from: WarioMan98 on March 29, 2013, 02:04:08 PMThanks! But I'm a bit disappointed with it. I would have liked the part from measure 29-30 all over the song too. Sounds a little bit empty. But oh well, that's the only way it could be arranged and be playable! :)
I get what you mean, that is always an issue when arranging for piano..
QuoteJust checked it out. Magnificent as always! :D
Thanks! :D
Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

"FOOLISH MUSHROOM HEADS... YOU MAY HAVE BESTED ME, BUT SHROOBS WILL LIVE ON... ONE DAY, THE SHROOBS WILL DANCE ON THE BURIED REMAINS OF THIS PATHETIC KINGDOM..."

Mario & Luigi: Partners in Time - "Another's Requiem" (Elder Princess Shroob Battle) MUS

Jompa

Birdo for Smash

DonValentino

Indeed! Mario & Luigi games have incredibly epic final battles, but I don't want to go into spoilers. I just hope that M&L Dream Team has as good music and final battle as the other games! :D

Let's see the poll... Hmm... More from PiT? Well, why not?
I think I'll do "Ending" and "The End", and then leave PiT songs for a while.

By the way, next week I will be very busy again, so don't expect me to arrange as fast as I did this week! :P

SlowPokemon

Sound selection's name is "Another's Requiem"--you don't need to use it, the only reason I would is that it avoids spoilers with the final boss's identity. Of course, the game is eight years old so it's not that big of an issue.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

Thanks, Slow! I never knew the existence of that album until now.

I'm glad it has another name, I wasn't really convinced with "Elder Princess Shroob Battle", sounded too random and technically it just plays when you fight her 2nd form, so it's not accurate either.

Hope you liked it and thanks again!

FSM-Reapr

Aaaand again I bring this up

Almost nobody searching for "Elder Princess Shroob Battle" will know that it and "Another's Requiem" are the same thing. That's why I'd prefer "Elder Princess Shroob Battle".

SlowPokemon

Yep that's the one reason against using it. I think either name is acceptable.

You could also just put "Final Battle" if you wanted.

DonValentino

Quote from: FSM-Reapr on March 30, 2013, 10:28:17 AMAaaand again I bring this up

Almost nobody searching for "Elder Princess Shroob Battle" will know that it and "Another's Requiem" are the same thing. That's why I'd prefer "Elder Princess Shroob Battle".
The same happens with "Staff Credits" and "Dance with Babies". I don't think it's a big deal. Besides, it's the official name, and it's hard to go against that.

Either way, I can put the file name as "Another's Requiem (Elder Princess Shroob Battle)", if that clarifies things.

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 30, 2013, 10:50:46 AMYep that's the one reason against using it. I think either name is acceptable.

You could also just put "Final Battle" if you wanted.
I'm not very convinced with titles like "Boss Battle", "Final Boss" or "Final Battle" either. They sound too generic and random.
If there is another valid option, I go with that one.

SlowPokemon

You c an probably keep "Another's Requiem" for now, I think it's most concise.

DonValentino