djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

DonValentino

Sebastian

Brassman388

DonValentino

Yugi

Don, are you still fixing Splash Woman, or can someone else arrange it?

DonValentino

I'm fixing all of my old arrangements, including Splash Woman, of course, but even if I am, nothing prevents other arrangers to arrange the song they want.

Brassman388

DonValentino

Thank you very much! :D
Really, thanks a lot for the feedback, guys. It really motivates me.

And... little update:

New arrangements

[3DS] Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance - "Xigbar" MUS

Fixed old arrangements

[WiiWare] Mega Man 9 - "Splash Blue (Splash Woman's Stage)" MUS

Yugi

NasiDe

Yeah, Xigbar got a theme in KH3D. It's like a waltzy remix or something of the original Organization XIII theme. Here it is.

Something about the arrangement for his theme felt kinda weird and off to me. Like it was more or less just Organization XIII sped up when there's more to his theme than that. Might be the base/left hand that seems wrong...

DonValentino

I didn't know this is a version of another song. Sorry, only played KH3D. :P

After listening to that "Organization XIII" song you talk about (this one right?), I see that "Xigbar" is the same except for the speed and the strings in the background that play G's, sometimes Ab's and F's too. The "more to it" is just the strings, and I feel they're not really necessary in the arrangement.

Sorry it sounded weird to you though. :-\

NasiDe

Ahh, I see. Yeah, that's the song.

Don't worry about it. It is pretty much the same song and they aren't hugely significant and would be just a huge mess to try and include into the arrangement. I understand their exclusion (though I imagine I'll end up trying to include them if/whenever I try to arrange it).

FireArrow

I'd double check splash woman - I'm pretty sure you've got the rhythm wrong in the bass, and your omitting a voice that could easily be added. I could show you what I've got if your curious.
Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

DonValentino

Quote from: FireArrow on August 14, 2013, 04:53:24 PMI'm pretty sure you've got the rhythm wrong in the bass...

I know, I just don't like those 16ths in the middle. Measures 8 and 16 are different from the original too. It's an arrangement after all, and you have to put what you think it fits best for piano and you like most.

Quote from: FireArrow on August 14, 2013, 04:53:24 PM...and your omitting a voice that could easily be added.

Not really necessary, and it would just make the arrangement look way too messy.

Quote from: FireArrow on August 14, 2013, 04:53:24 PMI could show you what I've got if your curious.

Even better, do your own version of it. :D
Thanks for the feedback.

MoboMoga

Hey Don!
Did you arrange Pokemon DPPt - Aroma Lady? I tried looking for it in the Dropbox section but couldn't find it. I'm thinking about possibly arranging it. ^-^