News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

DonValentino

Hello everyone! Kind of unusual to log in here... Glad to see NSM still running. But I have something I think you guys at NSM would enjoy! This Sunday I will be premiering a piano album called Video Game Piano with 20 renditions of VGM songs as well as a free sheetbook. Find out about it here!

I also humbly recommend to stick around for future projects. Thank you for your attention!

Korados

Why are you ignored in here? Welcome to the arranger's league! ;D

I can't say something to Wario Land or Megaman, I don't know that games, but the OoT arrangement is really awesome! Looking forward to a replacement for the mute city theme!

DonValentino

Thanks a lot!  ;D
Mute City is allmost done. I just have to think a good end, one that fits with the beggining. :-\
Anyways, I´ll finish it today for SURE. Just patience...  ;)

DonValentino

MUTE CITY IS READY FOR DOWNLOAD!!
This one was tough... Well, the right hand, because I noticed that the left was allmost the same.
Hope you like it!!
Tomorrow I´ll update a song... Hey! Wait until tomorrow! It´s a surprise update!  ;D

Korados

Quote from: WarioMan98 on September 08, 2010, 08:44:54 AMTomorrow I´ll update a song... Hey! Wait until tomorrow! It´s a surprise update!  ;D

You meant it well but: Don't make a show out of your arrangements with statements like this. Upload everything you have, as I understood it, you can upload more then one piece per day. ;D

The arrangement is pretty good, but you should stay with one dynamic like forte, the crescendos and decrecendos are a bit odd in my ear. In the original there isn't much dynamic, too - rock songs are normally... static. :D

DonValentino

Glad you like it!  :)
And thanks for the advice. The crescendos are only for giving more dinamism to the song, you know, with contrast. But is OK,
I understand. ;D

The surprise update? Well, I want to put songs one by one, because if not, I will have no more arrangements left and I have to do more.  ;D
Maybe I´ll update later, so stay tuned!
HINT: It´s a song from Pokémon Diamond, Pearl and Platinum...  ::)

Korados

In your arrangement of Lake Caverns there were many things wrong. Do you arrange by midi? Listen to the original and compare it to the midi before starting to arrange. I revised it for you, I noticed that you use 2008, can you open a Finale 2010 somehow?

http://www.mediafire.com/?a6m3tr9g55lf4x4

DonValentino

Yes I can, with Finale Reader. Well, I arrange by ear, so my arrangements are not so good. I´ve been practising before arranging, but... I guess I have to practise more. :-[
Thanks a lot for helping me to arrange better!  :D
Today I´ll update all songs I have so far. Hope you can help me with these too!
Also, my arrangements will be better if I knew more about the Tools of Finale Notepad, I mean, I don´t know how to put octaves or how to repeat, etc.

Korados

Quote from: WarioMan98 on September 09, 2010, 09:10:23 AMAlso, my arrangements will be better if I knew more about the Tools of Finale Notepad, I mean, I don´t know how to put octaves or how to repeat, etc.

First, why the heck do you never get replies in here? I'm the only one who ever replied to your arrangements.

Finale Notepad can do nothing except a few basic stuffs, you need a better version of Finale.

So, think about consulting a software pirate friend, as Finale is EXPENSIVE!

Ganon Battle and Thwomp Volcano are both wonderful arrangements, I can't see anything wrong with them!

DonValentino

Sorry for not updating in a long time, because of a virus that infected my PC deleting everything on it. Besides, I´ve been
very very busy these days. I´m very sorry, but you can expect an update next week!  ;)

pumpy_heart

I really like your Infiltration in Hyrule Castle arrangement. Really good song. Surprised it wasn't on the site before. Sounds great.

Sekter77

Keep up the good work!
Thwomp Volcano is certainly a great arrangement and from a great game.
I hope more people start arranging here again. The output you guys had really was amazing and it seems it's starting to pick up again. If only school didn't take so much time...
Guitar and video games.

Taser9090

Thwomp Volcano sounds really great! I think it would sound better if the repeat signs actually repeated in the arrangement :p

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

DonValentino

Yeah, I know... But since now, my arrangements will be on Finale, so they will have repeats, octaves and all that stuff.
Of course, I will correct all the songs.
See ya!  :)

And glad you like my arrangements!  ;)

By the way! I would like to recommend a wesite, it´s called OSTproject, and it has a lot of soundtacks foR videogames in RAR files, icluding Pokémon Black and White (not all the songs, I think, but it´s good to see how the music will be in B/W).

Nothing else.

DonValentino

Quote from: Korados on October 05, 2010, 08:33:09 AMFirst, why the heck do you never get replies in here? I'm the only one who ever replied to your arrangements.

Finale Notepad can do nothing except a few basic stuffs, you need a better version of Finale.

So, think about consulting a software pirate friend, as Finale is EXPENSIVE!

Ganon Battle and Thwomp Volcano are both wonderful arrangements, I can't see anything wrong with them!

I now have Finale 2010, and I´m starting to correct all my arrangements (with repeats, etc...). I´m also working on other songs, too!  ;D
I think I´ll have everything ready this week.

By the way, how do you get stars and a different name like "Starfox Salsa" or "Termina Tango"?