News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

djRyoji's Corner - Video Game Piano Vol. I (20 arrangements + sheetbook)

Started by DonValentino, September 04, 2010, 09:40:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

(Nothing right now)

0 (0%)
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

DonValentino

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 20, 2011, 04:52:25 PMHey, isn't "The Roost" already uploaded to the website? If I recall correctly, I've already printed it out...

Not the most constructive thing to say, but I was just wondering...

OMG... I didn´t noticed!  :-[   Thanks for telling me!  :)
Well, let´s start a new arrangement then...  :D

DonValentino

Quote from: Sekter77 on January 20, 2011, 02:44:38 PMOk, here's my thoughts:

Koopaseum-Good! Keep going with the Mario and Luigi songs! They're some of my favorites. I think there's some melody you left out in Measure 8 and the grace notes in Measure 9 sound a little weird, but that's all I really have.

Baby Park-The octave quarter notes in Measures 7, 17, and 27 sound very stacatto, you might want to add that. And I believe the rhythms in Measures 32-39 are a little off. But otherwise, this is really great too!

Dragon Roost Island-The bass really needs to be reined in. It's way too loud and it could be moved up an octave which would not interfere with the right hand. It's just that the feel of the piece is a bit off. Flamenco guitar can't easily be translated to piano, but you do have a good start.

Thanks for all the good advices.  :)         
As I said, any help is very welcome. I checked the "Koopaseum", and in measure 8 there´s something missing, you´re right. The grace notes can sound a little bit weird, too. I´ll correct that little mistakes.  ;)
By the way, I love the Mario & Luigi songs too!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

DonValentino

Sekter77

Hollijolli Village is pretty good, but there's a few small fixes. In Measures 5, 7, 11, and other measures like that, there's a note on Beat 4 you can put in the bass part. Also, double check the ending. The string note held before the repeat is actually a lower pitch than the one that starts after the repeat.
Thanks for more M & L though! Keep up the prolific work!
Guitar and video games.

SlowPokemon

Quote from: WarioMan98 on January 22, 2011, 03:01:31 AMWell, why not? I might consider doing some of them. Thanks for the suggestions.  :)

umm, don't do toad town cave, I already finished that one. ;)

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 24, 2011, 07:29:57 PMumm, don't do toad town cave, I already finished that one. ;)

OK, no problem. I started the Toad Town Ruins one, so don´t worry.  :)
Anyways, thanks for telling me!

Taser9090

Thank you very much!
I've been wanting to see the Mother's intro for awhile!
I can't wait to play it.

"They say money makes the world go 'round. And what goes around, comes around" ~Rover

DonValentino

Quote from: Taser9090 on January 27, 2011, 04:44:07 AMThank you very much!
I've been wanting to see the Mother's intro for awhile!
I can't wait to play it.

Thanks!  :D
BTW, I think the MOTHER/Earthbound games are VERY undervaluated.  :P  I LOVE the MOTHER songs! Specially the D.C.M.C. theme in MOTHER3.
I´m so sad Nintendo isn´t going to release another Earthbound...  :'(

SlowPokemon

DonValentino

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 27, 2011, 06:34:31 PMALSO.

AWESOME SUGGESTION. IF YOU FEEL LIKE IT.

Maybe I´ll do it. Today (MAYBE) I´ll finish the Toad Town Ruins and (MAYBE) upload it.
Thanks for the suggestions.  :)

DonValentino

Tomorrow I´ll upload the Clefairy Dance one. Sorry, but today I´m really tired... Had 2 difficult exams today...  :P

DonValentino

Quote from: WarioMan98 on January 30, 2011, 03:52:27 AMMaybe I´ll do it. Today (MAYBE) I´ll finish the Toad Town Ruins and (MAYBE) upload it.
Thanks for the suggestions.  :)

It´s on the to-do list...  :-[

DonValentino

Maybe I´ll add a "To-do" list... WTF?!? I will!!  :D

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn