News:

You just lost the game.

Main Menu

How to Create SNES music?

Started by UNOxDExELLOS, January 18, 2011, 10:54:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

UNOxDExELLOS

I recently got my hands on the complete instrument samples pack from the Chrono Trigger video game, and I want to create an original composition using CT instruments. The sound samples are in .wav format. How would I go about doing this?

I have these resources:
- viena
- synthfont
- awave studio (30-day trial)

I would like to import them into some software like finale notepad or (preferably) musescore so I can see the notation I'm working with.

Shadoninja

most likely what you have to do is make a soundfont. I don't know anything about how to do that unfortunately.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SuperFireKirby

Get a file converter that can convert .wav files into midi miles maybe? Just a guess

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Jub3r7

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 18, 2011, 02:13:30 PMGet a file converter that can convert .wav files into midi miles maybe? Just a guess
I NEED ONE but everyone tells me it's impossible.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Dude

Quote from: universe-X on January 18, 2011, 02:18:07 PMhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6w_ycA1mJY&feature=related
This video should help, except you shouldn't be limited to 15 instruments.
If you have FLStudio, do everything in that video, but add as many as you want and stick it in your soundfonts folder.

FLStudio ftw.

Dude

Ehehe... How do you think I got it? ;)

Jub3r7

Quote from: universe-X on January 18, 2011, 05:13:17 PMLies. If you can convert an MP3 to a Piano MIDI (which I've done before), anything's possible.
With what program did you convert it with? [/resisting capslock]

SlowPokemon

Quote from: universe-X on January 18, 2011, 05:13:17 PMLies. If you can convert an MP3 to a Piano MIDI (which I've done before), anything's possible.

Except it's impossible. ::)

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 18, 2011, 06:23:55 PMWith what program did you convert it with? [/resisting capslock]

Ignore your fellow freshman, Jub. He won't have anything useful to say.

Quote from: universe-X on January 18, 2011, 08:34:16 PMI forget

Mmmmmmmmmhmm.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

MasterPenguin

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 19, 2011, 04:17:38 AMExcept it's impossible. ::)

Not impossible. Converters from mp3 or wav do work fairly well if you have very little instruments/notes playing at the same time. (Such as a piano song, as universe mentioned.) If you need something special like the Chrono Trigger music to be converted, that's also dead simple, and much more accurate. (You can easily convert any SNES song to midi, and with almost perfect accuracy.)

SlowPokemon

Quote from: MasterPenguin on January 19, 2011, 08:53:29 AMNot impossible. Converters from mp3 or wav do work fairly well if you have very little instruments/notes playing at the same time. (Such as a piano song, as universe mentioned.) If you need something special like the Chrono Trigger music to be converted, that's also dead simple, and much more accurate. (You can easily convert any SNES song to midi, and with almost perfect accuracy.)

I'm still not convinced in the slightest that an MP3 can be converted to midi. :|
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: SlowPokemon on January 19, 2011, 01:39:10 PMI'm still not convinced in the slightest that an MP3 can be converted to midi. :|
This should convince you otherwise.

http://www.widisoft.com/english/products.html

First result on google.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

MasterPenguin

Quote from: universe-X on January 19, 2011, 03:05:44 PM...the fuck? How are you going to tell me it's impossible, when you obviously haven't even attempted it? >_>

MasterPenguin- I actually tried it using an MP3 of Koopa's Neon Castle from SSBB. The piano version was amazingly accurate at transcripting it. Sadly, it also tried getting the percussion to. -_- Plus, I was only using a trial and couldn't save anything. If I were to buy it, it would be about $100-$150... so now way I'm getting it. >.>

I wouldn't put any faith in it.

Jub3r7

Wait, if it's the trial version, you can't save it?  :P