News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bubbles

Or make it look like theres a normal sheet, but when you click the link it brings you to the other version? Maybe even a list somewhere of the repeated songs and which you should look for

InsigTurtle

That might be slightly confusing. Maybe listing the alternate names and games in the sheet music would help?

spitllama

@rosa you still wouldn't know where to look to find the original though.
Idk, unless we're worried about them taking up space on the site or something it seems like it would make sense to just make a copy of everything, change the titles on the top of the sheets, and reupload them under the other game. They're technically their own song in both.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

JDMEK5

Quote from: rosabellis on December 31, 2013, 07:19:40 PMThat might be slightly confusing. Maybe listing the alternate names and games in the sheet music would help?

Take this example: Song | Song again | Song yet again

Want to list all those alternate names and games on a sheet while still making it look nice and not crammed?

I agree with this problem though. I actually remember bringing it up myself in the past..

But I think the best thing to do would be -as Spit said- to just repost it as if it was a different song. It may seem rather redundant, but it really doesn't happen too much (outside the kirby franchise at least) and it would help clear a lot up. I was one of those people who couldn't find songs because I didn't know where they originated. In fact, if anyone's seen my old arrangement of "Achievement!" under Ocarina of Time on the main site (I have no idea why it's still up there; I requested it be taken down), that's a direct result of this issue. I knew next to nothing at the time of the earlier Zelda games and the music/sfx therein.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

The Deku Trombonist

That sounds like a good idea. Can someone post a list here of necessary duplicates and I'll do the files and formatting etc

JDMEK5: Do you still want it taken down?

JDMEK5

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on January 02, 2014, 02:51:39 PMJDMEK5: Do you still want it taken down?
I think I do. It appears in every single game (besides the CDi) in different ways sometimes but in this case it's literally the same as yours under the first game.
I think mine should be switched for yours honestly. Because you were the first one to arrange it. And the song piece name should probably stay the same. (As "Uncover Secret")
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

spitllama

I'm off to work right now but I'll make a list tonight or tomorrow.

Thanks Deku.
Submissions Page

bvisness

I've never submitted a sheet here before, so I was wondering: if I think I have a better arrangement for a song than one already published on the site, is that ok to submit? Do I submit that somewhere else?

spitllama

"Lost Woods" in OoT --> "Woods of Mystery" in MM

"Guru Guru" in MM --> "Windmill Hut" in OoT

"Zelda's Theme" in OoT --> "Zelda's Theme" in MM (WITHOUT the "zelda entrance" part)

"Uncover Secret" in LoZ --> "Uncover Secret" in... almost all of them (maybe we can skip this one... everyone knows it's a Zelda thing)

... leaving again. I'll do more later.

@bvisness, yes just submit it like normal. Just put signify somewhere in your submissions post that it is a replacement.
Submissions Page

JDMEK5

Um, what are we doing right now as far as the next update?..

My Arrangements

Olimar12345

Submissions will reopen again shortly. Just hang tight.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Olimar12345 on January 05, 2014, 08:02:42 PMSubmissions will reopen again shortly. Just hang tight.
Either when Olimar comes back or when I feel good enough to get off the couch. Whatever happens first I guess.

spitllama

Are we doing a new thread, or using the old one? Cause I just edited my old post.
Submissions Page

The Deku Trombonist

Just hang tight until Friday guys. All will be revealed!
I hope...