News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

Submissions General Questions, Comments, etc

Started by The Deku Trombonist, October 23, 2010, 05:11:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sebastian

And if that doesnt work, make it go off the page.

AwesomeYears

More question from me, yay...
For some reason, for example, the right hand is mezzo-forte and the left is piano but all the hands are piano. Anyone know how to fix the problem? Finale 2014 btw.

Bespinben

You need to program the upper and lower staffs to have separate MIDI channels. To do this, don't use the preset "add instrument --> piano", rather, add two blank staves, and then combine them into a group manually (with brace and all). This will let you have separate dynamics.

You could also just write in some invisible articulations to quiet down one hand and strengthen the other. Either works.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Zunawe

Asking this in a more public place.

Finale 2014 has an export function that can put files into .mus, .mid. and .pdf form. This effectively makes the .musx file the "master file". Is this acceptable when there are no major formatting issues? Or, for consistency, should we export to a .mus, open that in 2012, and create the .mid and .pdf from there?
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Maelstrom

As long as there is a .mus gile, I don't see any problem with that.

Olimar12345

Mus midi and PDF. Idk how you go about creating these files, just as long as they are consistent with one another.
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

The Deku Trombonist

I'm working on adding an optional .musx file slot for sheet uploads. We probably won't make use of it right away but we'll need it for the future.

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Maelstrom

Finale 2014 files. Supposedly "Backward and forwards compatible," but the next version of finale has not yet been released.

Zunawe

Not backward compatible. But you can export from a .musx to a .mus, which can result in a small change in formatting and a loss of any features 2014 has that 2012 does not.
You know you've been playing too much Dragon Quest when you're afraid your Hershey's Kisses are going to flee.

I program things

Maelstrom

Quote from: Zunawe on April 17, 2015, 11:58:49 AMNot backward compatible. But you can export from a .musx to a .mus, which can result in a small change in formatting and a loss of any features 2014 has that 2012 does not.
Backwards compatible from 2014 on, iirc.

Zunawe

Ah. How about "compatible with versions after 2014". Which isn't really a breakthrough, but okay.

I program things

The Deku Trombonist

It means that, for example, if you edit the file in Finale 2016 or whatever the next version is going to be, you'll still be able to edit the file in 2014.

treblesnail

Hey guys, I'm a newbie to this forum and hopefully I'm posting to the right section!  :P
I have a few Qs about submissions and other stuff

1. I have a score that I did that could be posted to this site, but I made it on Musescore because I feel like it has more features than Finale Notepad does. By any chance you guys don't accept Musescore PDFs, do you?
2. When submitting, is it compulsory to add all 3 files (PDFs, midi, and .mus)?
3. I'm trying to find a way to add a swing playback in Finale Notepad 2012, (free, Windows version btw). I tried finding tutorials on it but I can't seem to find the options they talk about

Thanks guys ^^;

Maelstrom

Yes, Yes, No

Notepad is a free version meant to convince you to pay an excessive sum for the fully featured version. It's not cheap.