News:

oh god how did this get here I am not good with computer

Main Menu

Submissions for Nov. 22 Update - 3 New + ∞ Replacements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, November 12, 2010, 03:05:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

You may only make one post in this topic with your submissions. Subsequent posts will be deleted. Edit your posts to respond to any comments I may have. This is not for holding discussions. General questions go in the Questions Thread. Specific questions can be PM'd.

For the next update, you may post  3 New songs + ∞ Replacements you think are ready for submission.
So basically, you can submit as many replacement arrangements as you want, but only 3 new ones.

Please indicate if your submission is a replacement, it makes things much easier.

I HAVE UPDATED THE FORMATTING GUIDELINES. READ THEM HERE AND FOLLOW THEM!

Any extra posts will be deleted.  I will edit your post with rejection reasons, or to tell you it's accepted.  I may accept all or just one or none of your submissions.

So, in a lovely step-by-step process:
1.  Perfect up to 3 songs for submission
2.  Make sure they are formatted PERFECTLY
3.  Post links to the submissions here, mus and midi
4.  Did I mention I want them perfectly formatted?  Repeat steps 2 and 3 if you didn't listen to me
5.  I will review submissions and post acceptance/rejection feedback whenever I can.
6.  On the 21st of November, I'll close the thread to Submissions.)
7.  I'll wait 1 day if any modifications need to be made and then all accepted songs will be uploaded and we'll start this circus again

Got it?  If yes, make your post and submit your songs!  If not, PM me with questions.

Questions I've Received (or made up):
-Do I need to break up a medley? No, it counts as one submission
-Do I have to include copyright and the site URL?  Yes.  The copyright is just <Publisher> © <Year Published> without the <> obviously.  The URL is http://www.ninsheetm.us/
-How do I make a MIDI? Open the MUS in Finale, click File>Save As... and choose MIDI from the dropdown list.
-When can we submit? Now!  Just do it.
-Can I still submit after you've swept-through the posts? Yes.  You can submit up until I post that the thread is closed for submissions.

I will post a list of accepted arrangement under here as they are accepted.

[NDS] Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! - "Training Menu" - Nana1Popo2
[NES] Castlevania - "Stalker" (Replacement) - G-Han (Re-formatted by Shadoninja)
[NES] Castlevania - "Poison Mind" (Replacement) - G-Han (Re-formatted by Shadoninja)
[NES] Castlevania - "Vampire Killer" (Replacement) - G-Han (Re-formatted by Shadoninja)
[PC] Cave Story - "Jenka 1" - Olimar12345
[NDS] Disgaea - "Dark Whisper" (Replacement) - Olimar12345
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Death" (Replacement) - Thomas Wilson
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Fusion Dragon Battle" (Replacement) - Thomas Wilson
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Imil" (Replacement) - Sam Waetford (Re-formatted by Thomas Wilson)
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Kolima Forest" (Replacement) - Jimbabwe (Re-formatted by Thomas Wilson)
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Revive Party Member" (Replacement) - Sam Waetford (Re-formatted by Thomas Wilson)
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Saturos and Menardi Battle" (Replacement) - Thomas Wilson
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Sol Sanctum" (Replacement) - Thomas Wilson
[GB] Kirby's Dream Land - "Bubbly Clouds" (Replacement) - Jesse J.K. (Re-formatted by Olimar12345)
[N64] Mario Kart 64 - "Battle" - The Deku Trombonist
[N64] Mario Kart 64 - "Prize #1 (1st - 3rd)" - The Deku Trombonist
[N64] Mario Kart 64 - "Select" - The Deku Trombonist
[NDS] New Super Mario Bros. - "Title Screen" (Replacement) - Nana1Popo2
[N64] Paper Mario - "Koopa Village" (Replacement) - Tangy
[GCN] Pikmin - "The Impact Site" (Replacement) - Olimar12345
[GCN] Pikmin 2 - "Title Screen (Duet)" - Olimar12345
[GB] Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Dance Theatre" (Replacement) - Thomas Wilson
[GB] Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Dragon's Den" - Thomas Wilson
[GB] Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Goldenrod City" (Replacement) - Thomas Wilson
[GB] Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Olivine Lighthouse" - Thomas Wilson
[GB] Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Professor Oak's Theme" - Thomas Wilson
[GB] Super Mario Land 2 - "Athletic" - Sekter77
[GB] Super Mario Land 2 - "Seashore" - Sekter77
[GB] Super Mario Land 2 - "The Moon" - Sekter77
[GCN] Tales of Symphonia - "House of Salvation" - Sipan1234
[ARCADE/SNES] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time - "Alleycat Blues" - Shadoninja
[GB] The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening - "Dr. Write's House" - ReyMan
[NDS] The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks - "Realm Overworld" (Replacement) - Olimar12345

SlowPokemon

Super Mario Galaxy 2
Planet of the blue Grass (Here is the song)
MID
MUS

I would like to know if I could submit this song; it is on the soundtrack of SMG2 but ended up not being used in the game (I am sure many people would like to play it, though).

Also tell me if my formatting is wrong! xD

Deku:
Yes you can submit the song because it is still from a video game even though it didn't quite make it.

Having said that, read the Guidelines. Specifically, look at the picture and pay attention to the underlined parts.

Slow: Okay then! I'll try to fix that as soon as I can, along with finishing Folsense.

Also, @dahans-- yours is in the wrong key...

EDIT: Should be fixed now!

Deku:
Fix measures 6 & 10 - the rhythms are wrong and it's unplayable.
Another thing I'm a little curious about is having the melody harmonised all through the first section when it's a trumpet solo.
Same thing with the oboe solo.
27-32 inclusive could do with some love and care.
Chords in last 2 measures are wrong.

Okay, about the harmonization-- Well, to be quite honest, I included it because it would sound rather plain without it. If you prefer that I didn't have it, I could easily take it out.

About 6 & 10--I don't know how to make the rhythm right; should I just erase the second layer altogether? Because "unplayable" is not a plausible reason; it's nowhere near as difficult as many of yours and especially dahans' pieces (I am wondering how his Gusty Garden ever made it on to the site); the first layer note could be made staccato. Would it help if I said above the measure "red notes are optional"? Also, please tell me how to fix the rhythm; I looked but could not find an answer.

The rest will be fixed, rest assured. Please give me some constructive feedback here! Thanks. :)

Deku:
6&10:
You can't physically hold that chord down and play the other notes at the same time. If you can't do it, why write it? So just change it to an eighth note and move everything to the first layer. Also, the rhythm that is currently in the second layer is wrong. It's made up of sixteenths and eighths, not triplets.

And writing "red notes are optional" is nonsense because it's all black when you print it out.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

pumpy_heart

New Arrangements
[GB] Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Dragon's Den" - Thomas Wilson Midi
[GB] Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Goldenrod City" - Thomas Wilson Midi
[GB] Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Oak's Theme" - Thomas Wilson Midi  
[GB] Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Olivine Lighthouse" - Thomas Wilson Midi

Fixes
[GB] Pokemon Gold/Silver/Crystal - "Dance Theatre" - Thomas Wilson  Midi Remake of Kimono Girls on the site.
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Death"
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Fusion Dragon Battle"
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Imil" Midi Replacing Sam Waetford's version. Fixed the link
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Kolima Forest" Midi By Jimbabwe
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Revive" by Sam Waetford
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Saturos and Menardi Battle"
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Sol Sanctum" Midi

Deku:

Dragon's Den: Accepted
Goldenrod City: Accepted
!!!!!!!! I just looked on the site and we already have a version of Goldenrod City (a shit one). Therefore the one you submitted counts as a replacement and you can submit another new one if you want.
pumpy_heart - Haha awesome. Added Olivine Lighthouse for you to look at then.
Oak's Theme: Accepted
Olivine Lighthouse: Fixed a couple of small playability issues.  Also, this song really doesn't seem to work for piano lol. Accepted anyway.

Dance Theatre: Accepted.
Death: Accepted.
Fusion Dragon Battle: Pretty trippy time signature changes there. Accepted.
Imil: The link leads to Fusion dragon Battle
Kolima Forest: Accepted.
Revive: Accepted.
Saturos and Menardi Battle: Accepted.
Sol Sanctum: Accepted.

@Imil's Theme - Replaced the link here too, just in case.

sipan1234

[GCN] Tales of Symphonia House of Salvation MUS MIDI
[GCN] Tales of Symphonia Ymir Forest MUS MIDI
[GCN] Tales of Symphonia Floating in the air MUS  MIDI

Deku:
House of Salvation: I changed the first 2 quavers to a pick-up measure. Accepted.
Ymir Forest: The time signature is wrong (it should be 3/4) and the some of the notes are wong too.
Floating in the Air: It's unplayable. Those stretches are plain impossible.

Just a little helpful hint: If you use the keyboard shortcuts Ctrl+" and Ctrl+Shift+" while typing in a text box, it will centre the text box, and centre the text inside the box.

Sipan:
ok thanks
why did you type Spian1234 its actually Sipan1234. XD

Deku:
Wooooops. Fixed now.

dahans

Sorry slow for submitting the same song, but it would have wasted my time, if I didn't submit it. So Deku, please choose the better version.

Beta Song 3: Super Mario Galaxy 2:
mus: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?bdeccy221d81egv
midi: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?n1222jdmw2c6xac

The other submissions will follow later!

Deku:
Wrong notes/key.

Dahans:
Nah, it's definitely not the wrong key. I am really sure about that. Could you be more precisely with the wrong notes? I really don't know what to change if you just tell me "wrong notes".

Deku:
Well having looked at it again, I'm not too sure about the key and it's a little hard to judge seeing as I haven't seen a totally accurate version yet. But I'm leaning towards A major.

Measure 3 left hand rhythm is wrong
Measure 4 is an A Major chord, not E Major
Measure 5 is also an A Major chord
Measure 5 is D Major for the first half then to D# diminished for the second half
Measure 6...well I'd have to sit down for a little while to work it out.
etc, etc.

And onto other things:
Measure 28 looks ugly and you can't actually hold that chord throughout the whole measure without dislocating a few joints.

DAHANS: measure 4 is definitely not an A major chord that's for sure... and I am pretty sure it's an e major chord with a gflat  in the bass. Just a question: Why do you care about the left hand rhythm? and I am not too sure about the diminished chord either. In my opinion it's simply a f # major chord with a# in the bass... It is e major! xD I have asked everyone who is familiar with music! It even starts with an e major chord... that's my point of view. But obviously this arrangement is too bad to submit and I won't bother you, so take slow's arrangement and I am really glad that I have wasted my time on that.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

ReyMan

I'm so sorry but you have to ignore my post before...
I had made mistakes in that sheets! Here are the fixed ones:

[GB] "The Legend of Zelda - Link`s Awakening" - Dr. Write - ReyMan             MUS    MID
[GB] "Super Mario Land I" - Star Theme - ReyMan                                     MUS    MID
[GB] "Super Mario Land I" - Ending - ReyMan                                            MUS    MID
Thank You!!

ReyMan

Deku:
Concerto forwarded me the PM you sent him with all those sheets but unfortunately I'm not sure if I'll have the time to look through them all. For now, I'll just go through the 3 in this post. If I get time, I'll look through all the others.

Dr. Write: Accepted
Star Theme: It's in the wrong key and the rhythms are all off the beat when they should be on the beat.
Ending: Something's off with the left hand in the bits that have chords. The parts with alternating octaves are ok.

Tangy

[N64] Paper Mario - "Koopa Village" (replacement) .MUS  ~  .MIDI

Deku:
Accepted

Olimar12345

been busy lately, but i'll be able to squeeze in a few songs for the update!
new arrangements
[GCN]-Pikmin 2-Title Screen Duet- MUS Midi
[PC]-Cave Story-Jenka 1- MUS Midi

Replacement
[NDS]-LOZ:ST-Realm Overworld- MUS Midi
[GCN]-Pikmin-Impact site- MUS Midi
[GB]-Kirby's Dream Land-Bubbly Clouds- MUS Midi *i just updated the formating-its still arrangened by jesse*
QuIcK! oNe MoAr!!
[NDS]-Disgaea-Dark Whisper- MUS Midi

Deku:
Title Screen: Sounds a little off to me in some places. The rhythms in the melody are written kinda awkwardly and they don't need to be. Also, the R.H. in Piano 2 at the very beginning need some fixing up.

Crap I gotta go to bed. I'll get to the rest when I can.

Because I'm totally unorganised I'm going to skip down here and say:
Impact Site: Accepted.

OLIMAR12345
no, thats how the rhythm goes-im sure of it. there are other times in the game when its straight-but the title theme is the off-sounding one.

Deku:
This from this.

OLIMAR12345
DAMN! ur right-any chance u can get tha grace note to work? other than that it ROCKS!
oh, and nice job with the opening and the bells-i just thought they were accented but ur right-its a different pitch.

Deku:
What do you mean by get them to work?

OLIMAR12345
its actually the note after the grace note. it doesnt play at all. solo it on the mixer and you'll see.

...and the other arrangements?

Deku:
Oh right, Yeah I'll fix that. As for the other ones, I guess I probably should go through them now, eh...

Jenka 1: Accepted Just remember to make sure that all the measures have the right amount of notes.
Realm Overworld: One small thing, I'm a little lost as to the note that says Bottom Layer optional for 38-44 seeing as it's above Measure 47. Also, pedal markings go under the left hand but don't worry about it, I can fix that.
Bubbly Clouds: Accepted

Olimar12345
room for 1 more?
oh, and the realm overworld is fixed-when i converted the text to attach to the measure, i didnt realize that it didnt survive the page turn :P

Deku:
I dunno, I don't think it's really necessary. It's not like that section is unplayable or anything. But if you really want it, I'll leave it in.

There's always room for more. I haven't closed the thread to Submission yet have I?  ;)
Yeah, it's accepted. I can't be bothered using green writing even though it took longer to type up this sentence than it would have to make the 2 clicks required to change the text color. Oh well...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Killo

Hi all! i am new at the site and i only have one song.... is the Tristram Theme For Diablo... I have never seen a midi of this song so i made it :D here it is!  :)
http://www.mediafire.com/?g1thjo7j8swwhy1 .MUS
http://www.mediafire.com/?825cch0m53lezai .MIDI
BTW the format is not Finale Notepad Compatible is Finale Print Music.... you can download it too on the site....

Deku:
I don't think this song needs to be a duet. Or if it does, it needs some improving. Most of the time, only one piano is playing anyway.

Killo:
No dude the thing is that i had to put it as a Duet because the Finale didn't let me use some background notes... so I added another piano so it would sound right.... Anyway what are your recomendations?

Deku:
What do you mean by background notes?

As for suggestions, either do something so that both pianos have something moderately interesting to play of most of the time, or change it to just 1 piano. You have liberty in as far as moving notes up/down a few octaves as required to make it fit for 2 hands.

Sekter77

Yay! My first submitted arrangements!
{GB} Super Mario Land 2
Athletic Theme
MUS
MIDI

Seashore
MUS
MIDI

The Moon
MUS
MIDI

Deku:
Athletic: Accepted.
Seashore: Accepted.
The Moon: Accepted. Just a small note. In Measure 19, 20 & 22, the R.H. counts as unplayable because you can't actually hold down the half note for the whole 2 beats while playing the stuff underneath. I fixed it, but just keep it in mind for the future.
Guitar and video games.

Shadoninja

A bunch of replacements

Submission:
[ARCADE/SNES] Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Turtles in Time- Alleycat Blues [MUS][MID]

Replacement:
[NES]Castlevania - Stalker (replacement) [MUS][MID]
[NES]Castlevania - Poison Mind (replacement) [MUS][MID]
[NES]Castlevania - Vampire Killer (replacement) [MUS][MID]

Deku:
All Accepted. Also, don't forget to bold the song title ;)
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Nana1Popo2

Submission:
[NDS] Brain Age: Train Your Brain in Minutes a Day! - "Training Menu" - Nana1Popo2
MUS MID

Replacement:
[NDS] New Super Mario Bros. - "Title Screen" - Nana1Popo2
MUS MID

Deku:
All Accepted.
Kappa Kappa Psi, National Honorary Band Fraternity; ASU Alumnus '16; DCP '16

The Deku Trombonist

Submissions for this update are now closed. You may still review and modify your existing submissions until I do the update sometime tomorrow.