News:

NinSheetMusic is the LARGEST video game sheet music archive on the entire internet worldwide!

Main Menu

Video Game Orchestrations

Started by Akiro, March 27, 2008, 03:50:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vgmfreak

I have a question about the dark overworld (dark). Did you really put work into it? Time to do some detective work 8) The double flats is a dead give away. You also said "Don't mind the notes :P". *says in suspicious tone* Uh-huh. Originally you have it in Eb major, which is suppose to be in minor at the very start (something newbies don't check). It is also suppose to be in G minor, but that's probably not important (but is important when considering instrument ranges). Anyways I listened to the whole thing. Suspicious, I checked the key sig. C minor it said, and any newbie would begin a piece starting in major (when clearly dark overworld is not) as the original. I changed it back to major. Guess what, it sounded exactly like the dark overworld (normal) arrangement. So all you did was pull out your key sig tool, changed it from major to minor, set transpose notes: Down, and viola! Effortless work and no correction, very risky because you don't know what Finale will do to it (hence why you said "Don't mind the notes :P). It sounded weird in some places. So it's basically in C minor minor. I guess Finale gets credit for actually arranging it :D Just come out and say Finale did it. Even if Finale is just a mindless software, it still deserves credit lol.

Don't take this post offensive akiro, I'm only joking around. It's funny actually :D

Akiro

...well actually.....I did the dark arrangement first

The original one came out because I wanted to just to "have" it real quick and so BK could see the difference on his site.

Well.....you could count that I knew to use 3 sharps to make a dark song..... :P

seriously....i suck at arranging "clean" sheets

SirGiggles

Google Chrono Symphonic

It's a project to make a soundtrack for a future Chrono Trigger movie

alot of em are just orchastrated versions of Chrono Trigger Songs, though a few mix some together and others throw in some Chrono Cross stuff

but overall fantastic
§irGiggle§

Favorite games (to name a few)

Mario Series: World, RPG, and Galaxy

Zelda Series: Wind Waker and ALTTP

Earthbound/Mother

Chrono Trigger

Super Smash Bros Series (I main as Ness in all 3)

Kirby Superstar

Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 1-3

I am a Christian

marvolo_gaunt

Quote from: SirGiggles on April 18, 2008, 11:24:20 PMGoogle Chrono Symphonic

It's a project to make a soundtrack for a future Chrono Trigger movie

alot of em are just orchastrated versions of Chrono Trigger Songs, though a few mix some together and others throw in some Chrono Cross stuff

but overall fantastic

Yes, I've been to that site and downloaded a lot of their songs. They're fantastic, mostly. Some of them are brilliant.

random_goldfish

Your arragements are pretty darn good!
All I have to say is the bells in Frantic Factory are a bit overwhelming...other then that...wee!
Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Akiro

Quote from: random_goldfish on April 27, 2008, 01:22:41 PMYour arragements are pretty darn good!
All I have to say is the bells in Frantic Factory are a bit overwhelming...other then that...wee!
I think I added a little too many music bells, yah  :P

random_goldfish

Mairéad Murphy-Irish extraornaire fiddles on the roof and where ever she damn well pleases. ^_^

Akiro

I fixed the Frantic Factory bells and I also did Penguin Playpen.

It's kind of long, but listen to the whole thing if you don't mind.