News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Echo's Arrangements [June 25, 2015]

Started by Echo, April 19, 2008, 02:02:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Echo

Hi! Don't mind me, just figured that I should actually get to posting some of my sheets on this thread sometime. It'll probably take me a while since I have to update them to the new site standards, and also because I'm incredibly lazy, but I will get to uploading more sheets (eventually). I'm not a particularly good arranger (I have like zero/negative knowledge about music theory and I don't play piano regularly), so I'll probably be relying on you guys for some feedback and help. ;)

Latest and Greatest Arrangements (to be submitted)
Fire Emblem: Fates - Conquest/Birthright
Main Menu Theme
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]

Sheets Archive
Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth 2
Bonds: A Believing Heart
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]

Gu4n

Playability/key signature?

blah54

not playable lol... this is a very nice arrangement, but just not humanly playable, some of those 16th note passages... please use mediafire or savefile next time, it wouldn't let me get a ticket for a long time...
It's on a need-to-know basis that you don't need to know.

Nintendude73

Now we've got two Route 1s vying for a spot on the site.  Which one do you guys prefer?

Echo's or Tgamer240's?

Echo

Ah, it's good that my sheet missed the update this time, because I found a way to make measure 9 look much neater. Anyways, mine is more "full", with more of the background parts included, and it's a tad easier to read since I started off with a pickup measure and I have a key sig in mine.

Personally, I prefer mine more... But I think that if Tgamer's sheet was cleaned up, then more people would prefer his since it's simpler, and I think that this tune is one that newer pianists would want to play.

Tgamer240

Woof woof! Er, I mean, beep beep!

Nintendude73

I think I do prefer your Route 1, as it definitely does sound more full.  There are just some chords in there that are awfully far apart.  I'll wait for a response from you.

Echo

The biggest there is a tenth at measure 12. The next big stretch there is a nine and a half in measure 13. The rest are at the most ninths, and I edited the biggest stretch in measure 11 by letting the left hand do it.

Nintendude73

Okay, I'm going to go ahead and accept this then.

Echo

Sheesh, it's been a while since I've used this thread.

Anyways, I plan on getting back into the whole arranging thing, so might as well post this.

Fire Emblem: Fates - Conquest/Birthright
Main Menu Theme
[MUS] [MIDI] [PDF] [MP3]

Source:

Not sure how many Fire Emblem fans there are here, but just in case someone was looking for a song from the new game, here you go! I'm a filthy peasant Finale Notepad user, so forgive the horrible make-shift pedal marks. :P

I actually don't recall proper pedaling conventions (like when to lift the pedal), so feel free to correct and embarrass me if it looks really wrong. The last measure might look kind of weird, but basically I want the player to hold down the pedal and let the reverb linger for a while before letting go, rather than holding down the keys themselves, so hopefully I got that across.

Song title is subject to change very soon, whenever the OST gets released or if someone transcribes the track names from the in-game music player. The track plays on the main menu screen, but the melody's based off of a recurring song from this game called "if: hitori omou/Fates: One's Thoughts" (translation also subject to change), so that's what I called it on the sheet. I labeled it (Beginnings) because of the previous game, Fire Emblem Awakening, which also has a theme that gets recycled a lot (called "Id"), and they called the main menu version of that song "Id (Beginnings)."

Gonna hold off submitting this until the song title gets cleared up, but any criticisms, compliments, and complaints are welcomed!

Maelstrom

Great arrangement!
There's just one thing I'd recommend changing:
The second riten. is above the measure for no apparent reason. It'd be better to have it back between the staves for consistency's sake, as well as for legibility.