News:

The monkeys are up to something...

Main Menu

Musical Theater

Started by Maretocks, December 08, 2010, 04:45:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Maretocks

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on December 11, 2010, 03:44:59 PMStop flaming KefktaticFanatic. This constitutes rule breaking, so I could hand out warnings but I'm leaving now and don't have the time. So instead, just grow up, get over yourselves and either get back to talking about theatre, or stop posting. Simple.
That was an overreaction. Though two whole posts about insulting Kefka was kind of excessive. And
Quote from: Dude on December 11, 2010, 02:59:05 PMAm I right?
was just unnecessary. I was kidding anyway; I like Kefka.

Anyway. I haven't played in the orchestra pit. probably never will. As much as I love playing piano, they aren't used too often, unless they're synthesizers. But I'm more interested in acting/signing/dancing. ^_^

Quote from: winterkid09 on December 09, 2010, 09:45:04 PMThe one I played drums for was a parody of fiddler on the roof
I have to say, that must've been awesome. :D

Quote from: Sekter77 on December 09, 2010, 08:33:30 PMThough I'm not terribly interested in musicals or anything, I did act in a couple back in the high school drama club. I had to sing (and act and dance) for Footloose and Singin' in the Rain. But after Footloose, time and budgets constraints meant we could only do regular plays instead of musicals afterwards... It was a lot of fun actually and another timely event that pushed me to enjoying music as much as I do now.
I haven't even seen either of those...though we did Singing in the Rain for a compilation production last year. I wasn't in that number, but it was fantastic to watch. ^_^ That sucks about the budget constraints. :( IMO, musicals are insanely better than plays. I doubt I'll ever be able to sit through another play again. :P Unless it's an Oscar Wilde one, of course. ;P

Anyone seen Cats?
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Winter

Quote from: Maretocks on December 11, 2010, 07:22:18 PMAnyway. I haven't played in the orchestra pit. probably never will. As much as I love playing piano, they aren't used too often, unless they're synthesizers. But I'm more interested in acting/signing/dancing. ^_^

I have to say, that must've been awesome. :D

We had 2 piano's but yeah, it was freaking sweet, played it about 6 times live.

Maretocks

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 11, 2010, 08:03:33 PMMemoreeeeeeee.......
I'm sure that's a reference I'm embarrassingly not understanding...

Quote fail. :P

Nice. ^_^ Was it a grand or what? Even if we need a piano tone, we just use keyboards. (These are all high school productions.)
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SlowPokemon

Sekter77

Quote from: Maretocks on December 11, 2010, 07:22:18 PMI haven't even seen either of those...though we did Singing in the Rain for a compilation production last year. I wasn't in that number, but it was fantastic to watch. ^_^ That sucks about the budget constraints. :( IMO, musicals are insanely better than plays. I doubt I'll ever be able to sit through another play again. :P Unless it's an Oscar Wilde one, of course. ;P
Yeah, the musicals were a lot of fun, but they were a lot of work. Everyone was really overscheduled in high school and it was difficult to scrounge up the resources to get everything put together. This was in a really small school too (190 kids from grades 7-12) so that didn't help. But I really don't have a preference between musicals or plays, they can both really be fantastic.

Oh, has anyone seen Spamalot? It's one of the funniest things I've ever seen and is just as good as the movie it's based on.
Guitar and video games.

Winter

Um, I think it was  Grand and a stand-up

Maretocks

Quote from: SlowPokemon on December 12, 2010, 06:30:11 AMThe song Memory, from Cats. -_-

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=phJGb93vbbc

I like that song.

Quote from: winterkid09 on December 12, 2010, 01:12:38 PMUm, I think it was  Grand and a stand-up
Really? Nice. :D I'd probably be more more likely to join if we had things like that. :D

Spamalot was wonderful. Especially when you see your friend in "His Name Is Lancealot." Made that song all the funnier. XD I saw it sometime earlier this year, and loved it, I couldn't stop laughing. :D
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SlowPokemon

Oh yeah, and I loooooooooooooove "Oliver".

Maretocks

I saw Mary Poppins last night.

Amazing. ^_^
<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

Maretocks

<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>