News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Jokes

Started by SlowPokemon, November 30, 2010, 04:26:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlowPokemon

I know I'm being overly sensitive but I absolutely hate the word faggot, no matter what context it's in. I can't imagine a joke that uses that word that I would find funny
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

mikey

It's almost like if you get it it's not funny and if you don't get it you're just kinda Dudeman

My phone doesn't auto correct yu to you. .
unmotivated

Dude

If it's not supposed to be funny, why is it in the jokes topic??

mikey

The point I'm trying to make I guess is that the Ethiopian joke isn't dark humor any more.  Stuff that people actively don't talk about is a better target for it
unmotivated

Pianist Da Sootopolis

Quote from: SlowPokemon on March 29, 2017, 08:22:41 AMSee like...there's a difference between black humor and just being edgy to get a shocked or upset reaction... your jokes about Ethiopia fall into the latter category because they aren't funny and make fun of too gross and horrible a subject
What constitutes something not being funny or being "too horrible a subject" to joke about?
what is shitpost

mikey

nah for the most part dark humor just isn't funny, not because it's so terrible that people can't find it humorous, it's that the dark humor jokes rely on the uncomfortable topic to elicit the reactions.  As a result they just aren't that funny for uptight people who can't laugh at serious things and for people who only laugh at actually funny things
unmotivated

Bespinben

"Dark" humor is in about the same tier as dank memes and ****posts. It's just for *teh lolz*

Why isn't Adam black? Because he gave away his ribs.

Also here to signify my alliance with the "has given up" squad.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

InsigTurtle

There's a math textbook author testifying in court. He talks at length, detailing everything he witnessed. He then goes slightly farther, accusing the defendant of almost everything under the sun. The attorney frowns as he's cross-examining him, and asks him if he had any evidence.
The author smiles and replies, "The proof is trivial and is left as an exercise."

PetrifiedLasagna

I would just like to point out the show CN show flapjack which is almost entirely "dark" humor, i.e. Making fun of subjects that are normally serious (such as the plague). Obviously, this does not always work out for all audiences depending on the subject, and how the joke is delivered or the number of butthurt individuals that can't take any relatively good joke.

What do you call a kid with no legs? Grounded.

Dude

Regarding dark humor:

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: InsigTurtle on March 30, 2017, 06:55:27 PMThere's a math textbook author testifying in court. He talks at length, detailing everything he witnessed. He then goes slightly farther, accusing the defendant of almost everything under the sun. The attorney frowns as he's cross-examining him, and asks him if he had any evidence.
The author smiles and replies, "The proof is trivial and is left as an exercise."
TOO REAL INSIG. TOO REAL.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

WaluigiTime64

My Mega Man robot master OC is Procrastination Man.

He hasn't been built yet.
My Arrangements (All Outdated)
My Compositions (All Outdated)
Quote from: WaluigiTime64I strive for second place and I will fight for the position.

ThatHiddenCharacter

My Mega Man robot master OC is Forgetful Man.

I forgot where I put the schematics.
Discord server (We have continental breakfast): https://discord.gg/ZuFJBF4

Jointers Discord server (We have continental music):
https://discord.gg/ehHWckpTzn

Ko-fi page (I have continental continents):
https://ko-fi.com/thathiddencharacter

Pianist Da Sootopolis

So I went to the library to check out a book about suicide, but the librarian wouldn't let me.

"Fuck off," she said. "You won't bring it back!"
what is shitpost

mikey

My mega man oc is mega man
He's original
unmotivated