News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

The Webpage design topic

Started by SuperFireKirby, January 12, 2011, 10:11:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SuperFireKirby

You now have a place to be on topic.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Winter

Jub3r7

I've designed a couple web pages before using dreamweaver, but...
For one thing, I don't have access to dream weaver anymore, and I wouldn't even remember how to use it. bleh.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperFireKirby

I can use it free at my school. Unfortunately, Adobe's a jerk and makes you pay a bazillion dollars for their programs which are designed to be impossible without extensive training and instruction. So I just stick with raw HTML like a MOFO.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

master_gamer38

OKAY, SO I'M TAKING QUOTES FROM THE OTHER TOPIC!

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 10, 2011, 01:02:04 PMDreamweaver + Flash= All you need to design web pages.

...And the ability to use them, of course.

No. Using that is all a waste. All you need is notepad. Nothing more. You can make a better website with notepad than you could with Dreamweaver.

Quote from: fabbemannen on January 10, 2011, 01:14:27 PMI never understanded that in school. We have the Adobe pack (inc. dreamweawer), but we still downloaded a freeware called notepad++ ???

That's because Notepad++ is better than Dreamweaver. Notepad is better than Dreamweaver. Notepad++ is just some added features to help a little without attempting to do stuff for you.

Quote from: winterkid09 on January 10, 2011, 04:17:49 PMNotepad is the base for making an html document, if you want to understand what's going on, you use notepad. it's better to begin that way anyway.

Notepad is the best there is. Best place to start, and best place to stay.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 10, 2011, 07:13:43 PMYeah, most school's have you learn HTML on either Notepad or Notepad++(I prefer regular Notepad for HTML) before you get into Dreamweaver where you use much, much less HTML and make much, much better looking web pages.

This quote probably irks me the most.  Using less HTML isn't a good thing. And making better looking web pages should be done without Dreamweaver. People use Dreamweaver as a clutch. Notepad can make way better looking websites. It just takes knowledge on what one is doing. It's not something anyone can do.

Quote from: winterkid09 on January 10, 2011, 09:22:38 PMQuite. I'm still on Notepad.

:D Works fine for me right now. But I think within the week I shall be moving up.

Hint: Don't move up (down).

Overall, stay away from Dreamweaver. It's not gonna help you make better websites. It's way better to do it all by hand.

Yes, I do create websites, somewhat. I play around with designing. I have never made a full website, but I've done several things.

Random - This generates 3 random colours. You can store values in each if you like a certain colour. It's just a sort of thing to mess with colours. I was bored and decided to make it.

Secret Message - This was one of the first things I made. Just as a test to see how the server works.

Youtube thinggy - I got really annoyed at having songs I really liked listening to on youtube, which would keep tabs open. So I made this. I got it functional enough to where I can really use it. I thought about expanding it, but I'm too lazy to really do that. It partially works for other people, but if you do a faulty link, you don't have a way to get rid of it. Definitely one of the better working things I've made.

There is also a directory full of random stuff of mine that I just kinda throw stuff into if I need it or want to share it easily. That's not gonna go public just because there is a lot of stuff that could be considered more personal. So, yeah.

I also set up emails for the mystery TWG. Which really weren't used. But oh well. They are the ones linked to the twgplayer* accounts.

That's just a few things. I have a lot more, but a lot of it is unfinished ideas and concepts. I spent a lot of time trying to integrate an irc bot with stuff from my website. BUT HEY, GOT BORED WITH THAT! So I can't really share that. Especially because it's a pain to set up and take down as a result of it being unfinished.

And hey, I did all of that with notepad essentially. I'm not claiming things to be pretty, but I've never tried to make things pretty either.

I typically avoid using CSS, just because most of my stuff is for my use anyways. I use PHP, mySQL, HTML, Javascript (when needed), Ajax.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

HugoMeister

Quote from: sipan1234bow to the longest child ever

SuperFireKirby

Hmmmmm... well seeing as I don't actually use DreamWeaver, I can't agree or disagree with you. But flash definately is good for building websites, no?

If what you say is true then at my school, our program is screwed up. Because we learn html, the first year, then the second year they learn Dreamweaver and Flash. And one of my friends whose in Web Design II at our school says he's forgotten pretty much everything he learned about HTML.

Jub3r7

And about your Random website.

After entering some colors, will it stay that way when someone else visits the webpage or is it specific to my IP?

master_gamer38

Quote from: Jub3r7 on January 12, 2011, 06:34:42 PMAnd about your Random website.

After entering some colors, will it stay that way when someone else visits the webpage or is it specific to my IP?

It'll start completely fresh. It doesn't save it in any way or sort, unless you enter them in the box and hit reload.

Quote from: SuperFireKirby on January 12, 2011, 06:32:26 PMHmmmmm... well seeing as I don't actually use DreamWeaver, I can't agree or disagree with you. But flash definately is good for building websites, no?

If what you say is true then at my school, our program is screwed up. Because we learn html, the first year, then the second year they learn Dreamweaver and Flash. And one of my friends whose in Web Design II at our school says he's forgotten pretty much everything he learned about HTML.

School systems suck at teaching anything about programming really from my experience. I learned everything I know, in about half the time that it took people in the school to learn about a fourth of what I know.

And I personally don't like flash that much, just because it doesn't look professional really.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

DrP

Anyone know of a good free web-hosting website???

Concerto No.20 in D minor

How about we move this topic into a more appropriate section?

Jub3r7

What about Mac?!?!  :(

Bahaha, only joking.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Concerto No.20 in D minor on January 14, 2011, 11:40:10 AMHow about we move this topic into a more appropriate section?
Well it's not necessarily PC gaming but whatever tickles your fancy, I guess.

WiiMan96

I use NetBeans as my IDE, so I can code HTML, CSS and PHP all in the one place. I do prefer coding static HTML and CSS in Notepad, but for PHP it's almost impossible to debug without an IDE.

KefkaticFanatic

Ohay, Netbeans.  That's what I code Java and Ruby in :3

me irl
[close]