Clef Change Needed

Started by JDMEK5, January 13, 2011, 10:54:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

I need a clef change in an arrangement I'm making but my version of Finale can't do it. What should I do?
The song I'm working on is Toy Time Galaxy from Super Mario Galaxy.
I was also wondering if I could still submit songs to the site with Notation Composer (http://notationcomposer.com/index.php) as I am only using the trial version of Finale right now.
Please reply.  ;)

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

SlowPokemon

I can change the clef, if you send me the file and specify where the clef needs to be changed, and to which one.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

WiiMan96

Sadly the site only accepts sheet music made in Finale, although if the arrangement is good enough and the demand for it strong enough, someone might be nice enough to make a .mus version for you. Not a promise though. Still, nothing stops you from making a link available here for people to see, it just won't go on the main site.

EDIT: It might be possible to just submit a PDF version (there's no technical limitation in that regard), but it is highly likely that the updater/s would like a .mus as well for site continuity.

JDMEK5

OK, thanx. By the way, could I just keep sending midi and pdf files? And then that way, if enough people want it in .mus someone could download it and change it? I've already bought a different music program and right now I'm not sure if I could get finale. (I can't do anything else in finale because my trial has already run dry)    :-\
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Jub3r7

Try the Finale PrintMusic Trial? Or, actually...

If you post the midi files, we should be able to convert them into .mus's.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Winter

That was what I was going to say. I'd be willing to make the MUS file for you. If I had the midi

WiiMan96

Finale also supports MusicXML, so if the program you're using accepts that then it may be possible to convert it.

Winter

For the sake of not making a new thread, I'm gonna ask this here, in Finale 2011, how do you make your measures numbered?

The Deku Trombonist

Every measure, or just the start of each line?

Winter

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on February 07, 2011, 01:11:35 AMEvery measure, or just the start of each line?

Either. Both would be good to know how to do.

The Deku Trombonist

Hmmm....measure numbers at the start of each line should just magically appear for each new document made in PrintMusic and above I believe.

As for getting them on every measure, I'll have to get back to you on that one. I don't have anything installed at the moment so I can't go and fiddle with options right now.

Shadoninja

Measure tool -> select the measure(s) -> at the top where it says measure click on show measure numbers.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

JDMEK5

Thanks guys. I'll post some midi, MusicXML, and PDFs around the Super Mario and Pokemon sections, including a few from Diddy Kong Racing, so look there for songs to convert for me. Just another question, could I submit Trios (three pianos)?

My Arrangements

Winter

Just make sure to post the files in the appropriate topics

JDMEK5

My Arrangements