News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

What is your worst vacation you ever experienced

Started by sipan1234, January 09, 2011, 09:46:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cobraroll

Quote from: sipan1234 on January 10, 2011, 12:08:10 PMI didn't know that america has also six flags. but in the Netherlands they call Walibi World instead of six flags

Nononononono. No. No. Wrooooong! [/nerdrage]

It's simple, really.

The original Walibi was a Belgian park. It was called Walibi Wavre. It was named so because of the vincinity to Wavre, Limal and Bièrges, three nearby towns. It opened in 1975.

The Dutch Walibi park operated under the name of Flevohoffrom 1971 to 1995. The Walibi Group bought the park in 1994. Later, in 1998, Premier Parks bought the Dutch Walibi World. At the same time, Six Flags bought Walibi Belgium.

In 2000, Premier Parks bought the Six Flags chain, and renamed its European parks to Six Flags Holland and Six Flags Belgium, respectively, in an effort to introduce the Six Flags brand to Europe.

However, due to financial problems, Six Flags had to sell the parks again in early 2004. They were bought by Palamon Capitol Partners, based in London, who sold them again to a company named CDA parks (Grévin & Cie). In 2005, both parks regained the Walibi name, as it was better recognised by the locals. At the moment, they are called Walibi Belgium and Walibi World.

There you go. Today's lesson in theme park history.

And Fabbemannen, there are no Six Flags parks in Sweden. There were once three in Europe, all of them sold (numerous times) and rebranded. The third was in France, by the way.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

sipan1234

you type it wrong it is actually Flevohof. not flevohov

Cobraroll

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

fabbemannen

It was a ok mistake =D F and V is the same sometimes anyhow ;)

sipan1234

when I was 6 or 8. but it was not Walibi World it was Six Flags Holland!!!
it was long ago

universe-X

Cobraroll, you're knowledge of roller coasters still amazes me. :o

fabbemannen

Cobraroll

Quote from: sipan1234 on January 11, 2011, 01:13:49 PMwhen I was 6 or 8. but it was not Walibi World it was Six Flags Holland!!!
it was long ago

I'm can't figure out if you're objecting on what I said, or merely confirm it.

Anyway, I'll repeat it in very simple terms:
The park that's named Walibi World today was called Six Flags Holland between 2000 and 2005. Then Six Flags had to sell the park, and it was renamed.

SlowPokemon

Cobraroll, don't try to reason with Sipan or Tales. It only encourages them. ;)
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fabbemannen

I have a feeling this topic might get really off-topic ;)

dahans

Every topic becomes off-topic! Otherwise it's not a topic!

@Slow: Cobra's knowledge of almost anything is amazing! (general education ftw)

To make this post a bit useful:
I was to greece once, and the toilet exploded... I am serious... It was really dirty xD. And there were bugs everywhere :S.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

universe-X

sipan1234

Quote from: Cobraroll on January 12, 2011, 12:49:28 PMI'm can't figure out if you're objecting on what I said, or merely confirm it.

Anyway, I'll repeat it in very simple terms:
The park that's named Walibi World today was called Six Flags Holland between 2000 and 2005. Then Six Flags had to sell the park, and it was renamed.

whoops l mean I was somewhere in 2001 or 2003 at Six Flags Holland sorry

WiiMan96

Went to Coffs Harbour (in Australia, home of the Big Banana) in 2006 to a beach resort for 10 nights. Felt sick the night before leaving. Got there and first thing was see a doctor and get diagnosed with chicken pox. The symptoms eased on the last day.

-.-