[Wii] Donkey Kong Country Returns - "Rocket Barrel"

Started by Dekudude, February 10, 2011, 05:44:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Bloop on July 22, 2011, 02:07:34 AMI tried a few times finding out the notes, but I can't
Which ones? I'll take a look at it

Bloop

Wait... I found the notes (it was the ending) but I'm not sure about them all. I made a little bit, but I'm not sure if all notes are right. And it still has to be changed :P.

[MUS]
Because I'm on another computer, I don't have the original MUS (and Finale 2010). This MUS contains pinga's a tempo of 120 and no swing.

EDIT:
[MUS]
The complete MUS.

Bloop

I have a complete arrangement here that needs feedback!

Dekudude

Hey Bloop!
This looks awesome! You did an excellent job on this, and should totally be proud of how it turned out. Sorry I couldn't have helped more. Either way, this turned out really good!

I have two suggestions, both of which are up to you, but I feel would make this arrangement even better than it already is:

1. Maybe add some chords to the end of the song, just to liven it up? It feels a little bland, but that might just be me.
2. Chord markings. This is a complex song, and considering it's jazz, a performer would like to improvise within it. However, that is difficult in such a strange key, especially without chord markings. It's up to you, but I feel that some chord notation would compliment this song nicely.

Thanks for doing such an excellent job fulfilling my song request! :)

EDIT - Also, it looks like you're missing a composer, haha.

Bloop

spitllama

I believe he's referring to the actual composer of the real song. You have the arrangers. The actual composer is Kenji Yamamoto.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Bloop

Oh, yeah, I didn't bother up searching who it was :P

spitllama

I agree with half of what Dekudude was saying. The chord markings are unnecessary but I think that at about 77, it loses the great feel you gave it in the previous parts of the arrangement. Maybe a fuller right hand to be consistent with what was done in the previous 76 measures? Of course, it's not like you're getting paid to do this Bloop :P, so definitely no worries, and fantastic job. I'm excited to play this.
Submissions Page

coolguy11

Awesome!!!
Love it, but it's a bit too hard for me...
Oh, well, with a lot of practice maybe...

Bloop

Dekudude

Looks awesome. :) I can't wait to learn this! Thanks so much!

spitllama

Submissions Page

Bloop

21-24 and 33-44,5: shall I add some extra notes like in 56-59?
60 and 68: ...something strange happens here.
87 and 91: some notes I added sounded a bit off key...

This are things I'm not sure to change/don't know to change.

spitllama

Well, since no one has replied, I guess I'll offer my 2 cents.

1) I think it sounds great how it is. That's a pretty mellow part of the actual tune.
2) Strange? You mean with how it plays back on Finale? Otherwise I see no issues.
3) I really think you're just hearing something similar to what happened in measures 60 and 68. Playing it on the piano doesn't make it sound out of key at all. If it's only the last two left-hand quarter notes, it's Finale.

I am not much help but *kooloo-limpah!* There you go.
Submissions Page

Bloop

...Ok. I make a MUS and a MIDI and a PDF for this and add it to the site :D.