Previous topic - Next topic

Bloop

Bloop

The Deku Trombonist

Bloop

Dekudude

This is sounding awesome, guys! I'm so proud of you all. :-*

Bloop

Sorry for the long wait, and no sorry because I see I'm the only one with this now XD

http://www.mediafire.com/?s9rs3v3u4h1ukdr

Dekudude

Are you sure you uploaded it correctly? I can't seem to download it. Is that just MediaFire being weird, or is it something on your part?

Jub3r7

I successfully downloaded this awesome arrangement. 
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Bloop

Quote from: Dekudude on March 21, 2011, 04:41:01 PMAre you sure you uploaded it correctly? I can't seem to download it. Is that just MediaFire being weird, or is it something on your part?
Hm, weird. I think it was mediafire

Dekudude

Yeah, I got it working.
This is looking good! :) I'm not too sure about measures 57-59 (anyone else want to look at those?) but the song is looking great.

Keep it up! This will be an awesome arrangement. You will definitely be famous for it. ;)

Bloop

Quote from: Dekudude on March 22, 2011, 09:26:09 PMYeah, I got it working.
This is looking good! :) I'm not too sure about measures 57-59 (anyone else want to look at those?) but the song is looking great.

Keep it up! This will be an awesome arrangement. You will definitely be famous for it. ;)
I to, but sometimes I have luck and find the right notes in 5 times looking XD

Dekudude

Anyone else want to look at what he has so far and make corrections? I can't pinpoint what's wrong, but the last section doesn't feel right to me.

Bloop

Quote from: Dekudude on April 02, 2011, 08:59:46 PMAnyone else want to look at what he has so far and make corrections? I can't pinpoint what's wrong, but the last section doesn't feel right to me.
Sorry again.
I'm not sure about bar 64 and 74

Edit: Don't want to re-upload; remove the key change in bar 78 and move the four notes before that bar 1 note up

Dekudude

Man, this is turning out fantastic. You're doing a wonderful job, and it looks like you're just about done!

Here are my comments thus far. Of course, you're the arranger, so you're in charge, they're just personal advice.

1-10 are PERFECT!
11-14 are really close, but there's still something not quite right about them. Try removing some of the middle notes, and see what happens.
15-26 are PERFECT!
27-30 are the same as 11-14... need a little changing.
31-52 have all the right notes, so woot. :) However, as this is a piano arrangement, I feel as if the varying bass lengths (to dot, or not to dot?) as well as some of the staccato feels a little off in regards to the melody. I understand that's how the original goes, but I'm not sure it works on the piano. Try removing the staccato and rests, and see how it sounds. Piano songs often sound better with less staccato in the bass/harmony. Not always, but a lot of the time, especially when the melody/bassline don't fit together in terms of rhythm.
53-57 are PERFECT!
58-60 are questionable. They're probably okay, but we should probably get some 3rd party opinion there. They sound good, but strange. Then, the song is kind of strange. :P
61-75 don't quite feel right. You have the chords right, but I think the transition from string/brass to piano didn't work very well here. If you listen to the original, you'll notice that though there IS that higher-pitched string stuff, it isn't really what you predominantly hear. At least, not me. There's something more middle-tone in there. I'm not sure how to best fix that though. Maybe get rid of the top notes, and fit in the middle-tones? OR try lowering the entire thing an octave, and see how it sounds. I'm not sure how to best fix it. You definitely have it right, though. It just needs some stylistic changes.
76-85 are PERFECT!

This really does sound great. The main problems are just how you transferred stuff to the piano, not the notes you found. (except for 11-14, and 27-30, which have some wrong note in the middle somewhere) Keep it up, and ask for some other criticism. You're doing a great job, and you're a great arranger. Keep it up! This is ridiculously awesome.

Also, another idea I have that is optional, but would make the arrangement even better, is to consider the fact that this is a jazz piece. Jazz musicians pride themselves in being able to improvise within chords. However, with complex songs such as this, that can be quite difficult, so you consider adding the chord names above the bars. (eg Bbm7) That's entirely up to you, but would be a neat embellishment.

Keep it up! You're doing great.

Bloop

I was waiting this time if someone else would post something. Meh.
[MUS]
I didn't really came out of a few points. Don't know which one those where.
And it's kinda begin looking like a virtuoso arrangement XD