News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Common songs in multiple games

Started by JDMEK5, April 04, 2013, 09:25:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

I know. I'm just telling you not to. :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

DonValentino

I think this is really unnecessary. I don't see the point in putting the same exact song again and again. Just put one version, and that one covers the all. That would be a waste of space and would probably cause some confusion (example: I can imagine people whining "the link to X song is wrong, it's the same as in the X game!" and such).

And with games with more than 1 version, as simple as what we already have on site: "Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow". That's it. :P

JDMEK5

Quote from: DonValentino on April 09, 2013, 11:00:27 AM(example: I can imagine people whining "the link to X song is wrong, it's the same as in the X game!" and such).
I'm not sure what you mean by this, but if there was another version of the song under a different name, it would be reformatted to the game name for the game it was under. For example: The Kirby's Dreamland song would be listed as from Kirby's Dreamland and given it's proper name. Now the version that would go on site under Kirby Air Ride would be listed as from Kirby Air Ride and given it's proper name. There shall be no confusion.

Quote from: DonValentino on April 09, 2013, 11:00:27 AMAnd with games with more than 1 version, as simple as what we already have on site: "Pokemon Red, Blue and Yellow". That's it. :P
So you propose making another game category for songs that are common to both games? I'm sorry but that example you just gave only applies to Pokémon.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

SlowPokemon

It just seems very unnecessary. It will take a lot of work as well, and we could use our time and efforts for much better things.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

JDMEK5

I've had a lot of issues in the past because this was all out of wack. No, this will never take higher priority than these "much better things" you speak of, but it think this could help enough people enough to be worth the effort. And if it makes you feel better, there aren't too many of these double-scores. Getting through them all should be quick and simple. But if nobody else thinks we should do anything about this then so be it. There's not much I can do alone anyways.

My Arrangements

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 09, 2013, 04:16:14 PMI've had a lot of issues in the past because this was all out of wack. No, this will never take higher priority than these "much better things" you speak of, but it think this could help enough people enough to be worth the effort. And if it makes you feel better, there aren't too many of these double-scores. Getting through them all should be quick and simple. But if nobody else thinks we should do anything about this then so be it. There's not much I can do alone anyways.

I agree, but I still may take steps to do it.  It doesn't need to be a community project, but it would be a nice addition.

SlowPokemon

Oh don't get me wrong, it couldn't hurt NSM, I just don't know if anybody actually has a problem with this :/
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

TheZeldaPianist275

Quote from: SlowPokemon on April 09, 2013, 07:01:14 PMOh don't get me wrong, it couldn't hurt NSM, I just don't know if anybody actually has a problem with this :/

What do you mean?  Who would have a problem with it?