News:

It's not Opposite Day.

Main Menu

Wikipedia project

Started by dahans, February 18, 2011, 12:22:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dahans

I have read somewhere on the forums that there has already been an article on youtube about NSM, but it has been deleted (does anybody know why?)

Due to the FACT that NSM is the most important arranging site I think we should all create a wikipedia article.
Because we have also many foreign members, we could create articles in different languages. I could make one in German for example, Cobraroll in Norsk, Roz in French.... Wikipedia can't delete them all xD.
But we need someone who has already submitted articles to wikipedia/is familiar with the formatting rules.

I think this is quite a good idea. But if you think it's rubbish, I am fine with that too^^.
Check out my arrangements! I mean it! Check them out!

Shadoninja

I highly doubt we'll be notable enough for wikipedia. however if we are actually going to go through with this, I would suggest using wikia.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

The Deku Trombonist

I'm not quite sure I understand this. Is this to create a Wikipedia page about the site? If so, what would go in it?

dahans

Quote from: DekuTrombonist on February 18, 2011, 02:21:45 AMI'm not quite sure I understand this. Is this to create a Wikipedia page about the site? If so, what would go in it?
That's a really good question! We have to discuss that as soon as we decide to create a wikipedia page.
Should I make a poll?

Jamaha

MaestroUGC

Try to do everything; you're bound to succeed with at least one.

Sekter77

Wikipedia has indeed gotten rid of pages more notable than us so there's no way this would last. And I don't really see what purpose a wikia would serve us either since there's not a whole lot that really needs explained about the site beyond what's already easily found here.
Guitar and video games.

pumpy_heart

I think the more search engines and sites we're on, the better. True searchbots will come around, but they would do that anyways. If this article were created, it would lead to more references and more site visits; this leading eventually to more members and possibly more arrangers.
Wikipedia, I'm not so sure about. A wikia article would probably be better. Then we can go for the New York Times or Life magazine.

dahans

What's wikia? And that would be amazing if we could create a wikia article!

DrP

a wiki community anyone can start

We can make one... I'll be glad to help! It shouldn't be that hard.

dahans, if we make one, we should get a small group first (of like 5-6)

EDIT:

Ill make it !

NSM Wikia Page
1) DrP
2) Winter
3) SFK
4) Slow
5) Jub
6) Hansi?
7)                   <------- Space reserved for member from before the site crash in 2008

Who wants to make a wiki?

Jub3r7

It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

Winter

master_gamer38

A huge part of this site is it's history. That'd need to be in the wikia.

EDIT: Also, old members that have played a big role.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!