Submissions for Mar. 6 Update - 3 New + ∞ Replacements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, February 25, 2011, 03:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Deku Trombonist

The usual. Don't forget to read the formatting guidelines.

Post up to 3 new submissions and as many replacements as you want.

Try not to muck this up with unnecessary posts.

Also, this update may not necessarily happen exactly on time as I start university/college next week and I'm not 100% sure how I'm going to work around my timetable. But I'll do my best.

List of accepted arrangements (Updated constantly):

[N64] Banjo Kazooie - "Mad Monster Mansion (Down Loggo, The Toilet)" - Clanker37
[N64] Banjo Tooie - "Grunty Industries (Outside)" - Clanker37
[PSX] Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - "Marble Gallery" - Commander6
[PC] Cave Story - "Mimiga Town" - Olimar12345
[PC] Cave Story - "Mischievous Robot - Olimar12345
[PC] Cave Story - "Plant (Duet)" - Olimar12345
[SNES] Donkey Kong Country - "Forest Frenzy" - Sekter77
[PSX] Final Fantasy VIII - "Don't be Afraid" - Commander6
[PSX] Final Fantasy VIII - "Force Your Way" - Commander6
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Suhalla Desert" - Thomas Wilson
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Tret Tree" - Thomas Wilson
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Victory Fanfare" - Thomas Wilson
[NDS] Pokémon Black/White - "Nuvema Town" - Dr. Pamplemousse
[GBC] Pokémon Gold/Silver - "Tin Tower" - Dr. Pamplemousse
[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3 - "Athletic" (Replacement) - PianoMan
[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3 - "World 2 (Koopahari Desert)" - The Deku Trombonist
[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3 - "World 3 (Sea Side)" - The Deku Trombonist
[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3 - "World 4 (Big Island)" - The Deku Trombonist
[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3 - "World 5 (Sky Land - Clouds)" - The Deku Trombonist
[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3 - "World 5 (Sky Land - Ground)" - The Deku Trombonist
[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3 - "World 6 (Ice Land)" - The Deku Trombonist
[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3 - "World 7 (Pipe Maze)" - The Deku Trombonist
[NES] Super Mario Bros. 3 - "World 8 (Dark Land)" - The Deku Trombonist
[SNES] Super Mario World 2: Yoshi's Island - "Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy!" (Replacement) - Olimar12345

SlowPokemon

Umm, wait. I submitted World 2 from SMB 3 last update, but for some reason it didn't get uploaded to the site--what?!?

(I'll be editing this post if I have any submissions)

Deku:

I'd assume that it got rejected.

Slow:

I don't understand why at all, but okay. >=P

Nakah:

Don't look at me.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Olimar12345

New

[pc]-Cave Story-Mimiga Town- MUS Midi
[pc]-Cave Story-Mischievous Robot- MUS Midi
[pc]-Cave Story-Plant [Duet]- MUS Midi

Replacement

[SNES]-Yoshi's Island-Touch Fuzzy, Get Dizzy!-MUS Midi

Deku:

I suppose I'll have to accept these. I love Yoshi's Island, awesome game.

Olimar:

great game :)
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Composer #40

[PSX] Castlevania: Symphony of the Night - "Marble Gallery" - Commander6 (midi)
[PSX] Final Fantasy VIII - "Don't be Afraid" - Commander6 (midi) (pdf)
[PSX] Final Fantasy VIII - "Force Your Way" - Commander6 (midi) (pdf)

Deku:

Marble Gallery: Man, where do you find these songs? They're pretty cool. Accepted.
Don't Be Afraid: Accepted.
Force Your Way: I'm thinking maybe the time signature could just be 4/4 all the way through with a 5/4 bar just before the first big number and a 6/4 bar just before second big number. Done.

It happens Every. Day!

Clanker37

Arrangements

Banjo-Kazooie
Down Loggo, The Toilet Mid. Mus.
Big Zubba Battle DuetMid. Mus.

Banjo-Tooie
Outside Grunty Industries Mid. Mus.

Right I've edited Big Zubba Battle into a Duet so it's playable. I spread the part that was playable with two hands so the other player isn't just sitting there. A lot of measures have parts where the Left in Piano 1 and the right in Piano 2 isn't used, so I don't know if I should edit it so it's just one player or put in some music I've missed.

Deku:

Big Zubba Battle: Something needs to be done about this. Not sure exactly what, but a good start would be to change the playback instrument to one of the piano ones. You could probably either make a duet like you said, or simplify it a little bit and see where it ends up.

Down Loggo: I fixed up a couple of small things and moved some bits into the right hand. Also, try to pay attention to formatting. Accepted.

Grunty Industries: Needs some tlc. Some parts could do with being in a different octave. Bits like 59 onwards could do with having the chords on beat 2 & 4. Also, at 49, the fast notes need to be rewritten as there are only 6 per beat, not 8. If you need a hand, let me know.

Grunty Industries (Outside):

Deku:

Hmmm...not quite what I had in mind, but I'll fix it up for you. Keep a look out for it when this update goes up.

Some of the harmonies seem a little weird. Also, there's not quite enough material for a duet as it currently is. And, the really fast repeated notes are a little unreasonable.

DrP

[NDS]Pokémon Black and White: Nuvema Town:RAR

The RAR contains MUS, MID and PDF

Deku:

Accepted.

JDMEK5

New Super Mario Bros. Wii

Battle
Midi - http://www.mediafire.com/?ypzombp21c4prg0
XML - http://www.mediafire.com/?uxf922x06j99djb
PDF - http://www.mediafire.com/?dvg7cgm67qwf27c
Desert
Midi - http://www.mediafire.com/?xlqwaea82v93aqu
XML - http://www.mediafire.com/?j4a56lsy84bxn0t
PDF - http://www.mediafire.com/?gg49404ccjymv9l

New Super Mario Bros.

Walking The Plains
Midi - http://www.mediafire.com/?27ikp2z057qp5rp
XML - http://www.mediafire.com/?gg49404ccjymv9l
PDF - http://www.mediafire.com/?m28cd6b0h1d5s5g

I know none of these are .mus but I don't have anything Finale (Notation Composer instead {http://www.notation.com/NotationComposer.php}).

Deku:

Can you post PDFs?
Also, I didn't end up doing the last update, Nakah did.

JDMEK5:

I can convert any that I have to PDFs but I think I remember seeing somewhere that you had to zip them?...
Would that mean to just stick them in a compressed (zipped) folder before uploading to mediafire and so on?

Deku:

Disregard the zip thingy; that's for people who are converting songs that are already on the site to PDF.

JDMEK5:

All right then. As you can see I've updated all of the above to show midi, xml, and pdf.
I also exchanged the Boss Race from Diddy Kong Racing for Walking The Plains from New Super Mario Bros. for two reasons.
Number 1, Walking The Plains was a fulfilled request,
and number 2, the Boss Race was just too hard. I'll send it back once I simplify it a little... (ok, a lot)

Deku:

Walking the Plains: The left hand sounds a little weird. I think you'd be better off putting the bass guitar part for most of it (6 onwards). Also, not all the notes have harmonies beneath them.

Battle: 23-30, the left hand needs some fixin' up. And some other small places, but they aren't much of an issue.

Desert: The bass changes a fair bit (note-wise) more in the original than in the sheet, so that needs adjusting. And I think a couple of the right hand notes may be a bit off.
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

MoldyPond

Umm... This is probably the wrong place to ask, but I'm new here, and I have a file to upload, but I have no idea how or where to upload said file from. Please help me?
Moldy and The Ponds

Cobraroll

^Welcome!

On NinSheetMusic, we let the moderators do the uploading. To get a sheet on site, there are a couple of steps you need to go through:

* First, the file has to be on the Net. www.mediafire.com is an excellent choice for uploading files. Register an account there, and upload the file to their database. You will be given an URL for the file.
 * Next, make a submission thread in this sub-forum. Put a link to your arrangement there, finished or work in progress, you will most likely get feedback and tips on how to improve it.
 * When you are happy with the sheet, and sure that you have followed the formatting guidelines, put the link to your sheet in this topic, or one similiar to it.
 * When the mods get too much time on their hands, they will look through your sheet and give it thumbs up if it's good enough. This will show as an edit in your submission post.
 * If it has to be improved, do so, and edit your post again. The mod, or "uploader", will look through it once again.
 * Repeat the previous step until the sheet is accepted, or topic locked (you will get as many chances as you want, as long as you keep trying and stay polite).
 * The submission topic will be locked, and all accepted submissions uploaded. Congratulations!
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

MoldyPond

^Thank you very much.

I have arranged Enguarde's Theme from Donkey Kong 64. Good luck playing it with both hands in real life though.

-MUS | MIDI-

Deku:

Needs simplification somehow. Also, it doesn't need to be a duet.
Moldy and The Ponds

SlowPokemon

I HATE arrangers who try to make their arrangements sound good but are practically impossible to play.

DEKU, SUGGESTION

These arrangements should NOT BE ALLOWED ON THE SITE

The average video game pianist is intermediate, so our sheet music should not be a twelve on the "one to ten" difficulty scale.

People who come to this site are looking to PLAY this music, not print it out and say, "Uhh wtf I just wasted paper because this is RIDICULOUSLY HARD.

I'm not saying this about the person above me's arrangement necessarily, because I haven't looked at it yet, but I don't like that at all.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Jub3r7

The difficulty in his arrangement comes from the speed of the song.

However, he wrote it for two pianos, with each person only using one hand.
It should be easy to just cut and paste, though.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

MoldyPond

^Not what I intended, but good point. I suppose it should be a duet then?
Moldy and The Ponds

Jub3r7

I was saying that it shouldn't be a duet.
You wrote the two parts as performed by two separate instruments.   :P
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

DrP

I cant believe I havent put this stuff up

Gold and Silver Great Medley: MUS MIDI PDF

[GBC] Pokémon G/S/C - Tin Tower:MUS MIDI

Deku:

Tin Tower: Accepted.

Medley: I've PMd JaMaHa about the weird file size error. Until that gets fixed, I can't actually upload it to the site.

Not even just the PDF for now?

Deku:
Nope, that doesn't work either.