LuxraySpiral's Arrangements: Pokemon Exploration Team Theme (PMD: EoS)

Started by LuxraySpiral, March 01, 2017, 11:29:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LuxraySpiral

Hi, LuxraySpiral here. I'm new to the forums, so I would very much appreciate some advice and constructive criticism.

Anyway, on to my arrangement.

[PDF] [MIDI] [MUS] [MSCZ]

Firstly, I don't own a copy of finale, so I had resort to MuseScore. This is an issue because MuseScore isn't compatible with .mus files. So, I would be posting .mscz, .mid and .pdf files.

I noticed that I couldn't find too much sheet music for this, so I decided to try to arrange it myself.

I am aware that some of the chords are missing, and I'm missing some harmonies, but I can't figure out what is wrong. Also, now that I look back at it, the extra stave is sort of unnecessary, but oh well. If anyone would point me to the right direction, I would be very thankful.

Thanks in advance,
Luxray.
Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 20, 2017, 07:37:23 AM
(Also, I might try to concrete my position as the parentheses guy)
Quote from: ThatHiddenCharacter on March 20, 2017, 08:18:57 AM
(Sorry, (but (that (role (is (already (taken.)))))))

Olimar12345

Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

LuxraySpiral

AmpharosAndy

This is an absolute favourite of mine so it takes a great deal to impress me on it, which you have done. I like the simplicity as most people, regardless of skill level, should be able to play it. Yes the extra stave is a bit unnecessary. Just add it as a second voice on the treble stave. Great use of dynamics too, except for having two fortissimo markings near the end which I assume is just a mistake. I don't know (in bar 34) if people will understand the octave lower bass clef as it's pretty rare from what I've seen but it isn't wrong by any means.

GOOooood stuff!

Good to see a fellow electric type fan ;)
innit

Latios212

Hellooooo welcome to NSM!

A few things right off the bat...
- This is Sky's opening theme, not Time's.
- Notice how when you write everything out in 4/4, you're using triplets all the time? This should be written in 12/8.
- If this is intended to be for solo piano, the extra staff will have to go. You can use layers to have multiple voices on the same staff.

Haha overall good job getting the basics down; way better than my first arrangement xD There's still a long way to go, but yeah. It resembles the original, going from memory, so that's a good thing.

And that's all I have time for now!
My arrangements and YouTube channel!

Quote from: Dudeman on February 22, 2016, 10:16:37 AM
who needs education when you can have WAIFUS!!!!!

Spoiler
[close]
turtle

LuxraySpiral

Thanks for your feedback guys!

I have updated the links with edited versions after taking on your advice :D

LuxraySpiral

I'm back to arranging, it would seem.

I've created a [MUS] file for the EoS theme, so it's actually compatible with the guidelines.
... Except it isn't, because there are a few formatting errors that I don't know how to fix in Notepad. (At least I fixed the two 13th stretches)

Firstly and most importantly, the piece should transpose to Bb major at measure 20. Secondly, I need copyright text at the bottom of page 2 and 3.

If anyone is willing to fix these, I think I might submit this. (Presuming no other mistakes/flaws are present)

p.s. How do I create a .pdf from Notepad?

LeviR.star

Quote from: LuxraySpiral on March 24, 2017, 12:01:13 AMp.s. How do I create a .pdf from Notepad?

Download CutePDF Writer and select "Print", but instead of setting the destination to your printer, set it to CutePDF Writer.
Check out my Youtube channel for remixes and original music! LeviR.star's Remixes

Also check out my piano arrangements here on my PA thread! LeviR.star's Arrangements