change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

Today's World - Through Universe's Eyes

Started by universe-X, March 02, 2011, 08:12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

universe-X

Made a note on facebook about life. Here's the NSM version :P

So, the world as I see it... it's not all bad. It's just 78.365% not good. There used to be a time when people knew everyone in their neighborhood. A time when kids learned everything in school  not "from the streets". A time when all you wanted a cell phone to do, was to ring. We live in a generation where enough isn't enough, if that makes sense. Material things, like phones, Apple products, video games, "the latest thing to come out" poison our minds to the point where people think they need these products to continue their life....

Are you kidding me? Who thinks "I'm gonna die tomorrow because I lost my phone". That's another thing, people today think money is so abundant these days. "I don't care if I lose this, my parents will get me another one." Yeah, right. >_> There is not a country in this world that is not in debt. As of right now, America is in over $14.5 trillion in debt. And we're supposed to be the big boss country that people dream of coming to and start their lives or careers. Shouldn't we be exhibiting that example?

December 21, 2012. This is the day I'm gonna enjoy most. If the world doesn't end, heck, I'm gonna be laughing my butt off 2 weeks later :P If the world/sun does end up... going chaotic or whatever, then I'd be fine with it. People have to realize death isn't always a sad event. As long as you have made each and every day worth it, you lived a sufficient life. People don't even get as far as 14. Some are lucky enough to get to 114. Only time will tell.

Oh, and I learned a pretty good reason to not believe in the whole 2012 catastrophe. They made a movie. If the world was really gonna end, they wouldn't have made a movie. That would be like me coming out with "O.J. Simpson" the movie. You see why they let him come out with the book right? xD (Thanks D'andre Ciggers for that lesson :P)

It hurts to see so many people influenced so freaking much by the media. The people on that screen are humans. Like you and me. They don't need to die because they're so successful, and they certainly don't need to be worshiped as much. Prime example: Justin Beiber. People want him dead. Why? Because they're jealous :| Like, really? Has he sinned so much to the point that he deserves to die? No. >_> It's the fame that he has that people want so much. Then again, there are the people that are obsessed over him. But I won't say anything about them because I want to keep this note PG. xD

Love. People have abused it so much. Some go into it too fast and a lot of them go into a deep, deep depression when their "special one" leaves them. C'mon now, if a person would rather have you out of their lives then to keep you in it, then you're probably better off without them as they are without you. You don't need to be in a relationship to enjoy life. Read a good book, watch a movie, make some friends, get a pet - there are other things to do. :P

It's funny, I have so many philosophies about life, but I can't think of anything good now. xP Anyways, that is this note. I hope whoever's tagged takes the time to read this or at least get the message I'm trying to get across:

Live your life. Put yourself first, others come second. And don't start going "Oh, he's selfish, he should be helping more people out" because when it gets to the whole job aspect, those people you helped out? Yeah, 99% chance they're not gonna be there to help you when you need them. Heh, I can name a few times having gone through this.

Well, anyways, live your life, be yourself, and remember those who matter don't mind, and those who mind don't matter. :)

So yeah, opinions please :3

DrP

Totally sums up the life according to an American in the first few paragraphs. Funny, but kinda true

This definitely hit home for me in a few places... its kinda hard to explain in my case however. It definitely takes a lot of guts to really say this, especially toward the end...

Quote"Oh, he's selfish, he should be helping more people out" because when it gets to the whole job aspect, those people you helped out? Yeah, 99% chance they're not gonna be there to help you when you need them. Heh, I can name a few times having gone through this.

Honestly, the story of my life... a lot of my friends say I'm too giving and don't give myself enough credit for anything... I can kinda believe that, but when I ask people for stuff, they don't give a flying fuck!

Thanks for sharing!

Nakah

This sounds more like a rant coming off of a depressive state than a philosophical observation about life and existence. Not to say you don't have some valid points, but you're views are really young and really focused on American lifestyle, rather than the lifestyles of the rest of the world. There are people who live in absolute harmony without technology and practical economic means.

This is the new information age, where everything technological is advancing at an accelerating rate that is faster than ever before in history. So what do you expect? The mind adapts to the times it's living in, and that becomes to normality. People may be obssessive about a new phone or car or house, but that's also important to keep the economy going and keep our nation afloat. So it'd be silly to rid this mentality from society.

Love is not what you're describing there. That's just passion. People often confuse passion for love because of the depth of their feelings, but passion tends to fade over time. Hence why teen relationships tend to grow out of their initial feelings of "love" and rarely they make it beyond high school or through college. Love isn't merely a feeling, it's a trust, something that stands the test of time through all obstacles. You're relations with your parents/grandparents/other relatives is love, because there is a mutual trust in dependency. The friends that you can rely on over time are love, because there is trust. Passion is weakness, and can lead to blindness if we follow down it's path and lose sight of everything else outside of our passion. Passion leads to greed. Greed leads to jealousy. Jealousy leads to hate. The dark side, that is.

There is no emotion, there is peace.
There is no ignorance, there is knowledge.
There is no passion, there is serenity.
There is no chaos, there is harmony.
There is no death, there is only the Force.

In conclusion, we should all become Jedi. Humans are generally primeval and not at all civilized, even if they live in a house in a nice town with a school and a job and fancy dinners and common ettiquete. Everyone is constantly confronted with their primitive instincts. We are barely out of the jungle, and we should accept this view as our natural place and not attempt to master the universe, but rather become one with it. That's the true perspective of the Universe.

universe-X

drpamplemousse- Thanks :P

Nakah- NO ONE SHALL MASTER ME! But in all seriousness, yeah, I did really base this on the American lifestyle and it is more of a rant. I have seen some amazing things, though, but I think it could & should be better. That's just imo. And I was kinda hinting that technology and money as a whole are giant roots to many problems today, mainly because the world drives by these 2 forces. In all honesty, the world would solve a whole bunch of problems if we get rid of money. But then what do we use to trade with? What makes money so valuable anyway? :| (dun feel like googling)

Of course, I wouldn't know about love, I'm only 15 :P People just take relationships way too quickly and in a direction they don't need to be headed in too early.

No emotion, no ignorance, no passion, no chaos? No life. :P

SlowPokemon

Quote from: universe-X on March 03, 2011, 02:26:01 PMOf course, I wouldn't know about love, I'm only 15 :P

AHEM. You are FOURTEEN until tomorrow, you liar! >=P
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

universe-X

If you wanna be like that, I will be 14 until tomorrow 8:06 central time... jerk ;~;

SlowPokemon

HAHAHA

I can't help but be hypocritical and say that while you have some valid points (though I don't agree with quite everything there), most people won't take you seriously as a 15-year-old (happy?!? ;D).

universe-X

btw, 8:06... P.M. :'(

And it makes me happy to see, about 12 out of the 30 or so that I tagged the note in on facebook agree with my views. :) If people look at age level as an experience factor, let them bias it how they please :P

Winter

SlowPokemon

So did I until like two months after I joined!!! It's his stupid profile, he put in that ridiculous age number... >=P

universe-X

:3 :3 :3

y so srs?

Jub3r7

Passion - If you put your faith in the one you have a passion for, and trust them with all your heart...
And they do the same, no matter what obstacles may attempt to separate you... That's love.

There are times when I feel like we are spreading apart. But whenever I think like that I discover that I'm entirely wrong.
Each time I see her, I'm reminded of how lucky I am to be with her.
And I'm filled with joy to know that she feels the same way about me.

Occasionally, I act timid and awkward around people I meet.
I become a bit talkative after getting to know them, but it can still be a little awkward.

But around her - I feel... I feel like I could live my life just being with her, and there's nothing that could stop be from giving my life to her, either.
I've always wanted to go on some big adventure, but being with her is just as wonderful.

There's my... two cents about love and passion.

And about society? Yeck.

Sociology is the struggle to fit in with everyone else, while also trying to stand out as much as possible.
You might try to blend in with the crowd, but then you complain when no one notices you.

And then you try to stand out.
... Some of you... will become hipsters. XD

Mostly kidding. Some of you will complain and say you don't have the talent. But you just have to keep looking.
Some will stand out... way too much. And you end up regretting it.

Money problems? If you can't get a job where you live, look elsewhere.
As a cousin once told me - "Study hard, work hard, save money, travel the world, and broaden your horizon! I've gained many new experiences and made many friend" from different countries. It's awesome!"
When I was younger, I thought the point in life was self-satisfaction, but I realized that sounded a little... selfish.

And it became my character to make other people satisfied, to put myself in the back of the line so no one else had to.
And I would get yelled at by someone else for always taking the last spot....

But in a way, people will consider it selfish to help others because of their philosophy.
Apparently, whenever someone helps another person, they only do it to make themselves happy by knowing that they helped someone else.

But that's besides the point. Even if the action of helping someone is done for selfish purposes, it really doesn't matter in the end.
All that matters is that you were able to make someone's life easier, and that you were able to help them reach self-satisfaction too.

What I mean by self-satisfaction... Some sort of ultimate comfort, or enlightenment, that allows you to die in peace.
Only when you have lived life to its fullest, from your perspective, you can finally reach bliss.

And I agree with Nakah. We should all become Jedi. Oh wow, that's a wall of text.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

Nakah

Quote from: Jub3r7 on March 03, 2011, 07:09:32 PMPassion - If you put your faith in the one you have a passion for, and trust them with all your heart...
And they do the same, no matter what obstacles may attempt to separate you... That's love.

You're admitting that trust is playing the fundamental part of this love, though. Sure you're incredibly passionate for each other, but if one wasn't there equally for you as you are for them, your passion would cause suffering. Passion is one thing, but it's a separate thing from trust. The fact that you both trust each other with emotional dependency allows for passion to exist.

Quote from: universe-xNo emotion, no ignorance, no passion, no chaos? No life.

I never implied that these do not exist, but rather, they are a part of human nature that we must strive to bring ourselves away from. Emotion is a natural attribute of humanity, but with emotion our thoughts are clouded. If we let emotion take hold of us, we lose sight of the things going on beyond the situation. I speak of this from personal experience, many of hundreds of times.

And there is no such thing as ignorance. Really. It is the same concept as 'zero' and 'nothingness.' How can a lack of knowledge "exist"? There is only the knowledge that people DO know -which for some/many may be very very little, but in this existential reality, there is only what DOES exist. Knowledge. You wouldn't say darkness exists, would you? That is merely the absence of light. Light does exist. Passion is a risky thing, and it fills us with tons of emotion, which raises the risks of impacting our judgment. Sure, it DOES exist, but it's something we should strive to stay away from(even if our emotions don't want us to, because we enjoy feeling passionate). Serenity is passion with the acceptance of letting go and not holding onto what you are so passionate about. We are born and we will die, and we should hold onto nothing beyond this cycle. All things come and go. Love, family, friends, thoughts, feelings, life; to hold onto these would be to hold onto passion and lose grasp of our emotions. Chaos? Well this is a tricky one to someone who has never viewed things from this particular perspective. Consider the entire Universe for what it is: A massive sphere of ever-continuing reactions between galaxies, stars, planets, life; everything that the universe is composed of. Yeah, from the untrained eye this all seems like total chaos that was allowed by chance, but if you look closer at everything and how this Universe and our existence works; there is order to everything. Truly, everything works. If something causes an action, there is an equal and opposite reaction, and although there can seem to be chaotic actions happening throughout the universe, everything works orderly from the smallest particles of an atom to the great cosmos that we are composed of. There is harmony amongst all of this.

How can we celebrate life if we do not celebrate death? Everything, and I mean everything, in this universe is part of a cycle. Birth, Growth, Decline, and Death. The very universe itself is a part of this cycle. If everything begins at a single point, birth, then expands outwards and leads to our current way of things as they are now, growth; then when the universe reaches the apex of it's growth, as it's supposed to, it will retract(decline), until is is at a single point once again(death), where everything will expand outward once again(birth), continuing this cycle. We are all a part of this cycle, and it is continuous. Energy is neither created nor destroyed, but merely transformed. That being said, it has always been my philosophy to live and love life to the fullest for all of the peace and serenity it has to offer, but to not hold onto anything nor allow my emotions to impact my judgment. We are born, and we will die, and all we choose is decide what to do with the time we are given.

I won't get into time on here though, that's another concept of itself.

GaryOak

Quote from: Nakah on March 04, 2011, 10:18:46 AMWe are born, and we will die, and all we choose is decide what to do with the time we are given.

I believe Gandalf said something similar to this in the beginning of LOTR. That's also pretty much what I personally think about this subject. I don't want to think about it too much 'cause I get depressed:<.
In Finnish hunting culture it is common for hunters to shoot everything that moves, sometimes even themselves.

Quote from: Saria
I love you. <3
Quote from: Bubbles
I love you
Quote from: Waddle Bro
<3 u2 Gary

Nakah

Yeah, I pretty much quoted him on that. It's true, nevertheless.