News:

New to the site? Introduce yourself here!

Main Menu

Insomnia sucks

Started by Nakah, March 05, 2011, 10:14:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nakah

Really. I've been unable to fall asleep before 3 a.m.(at the earliest) for months now. Even 6-10 mile runs don't allow me to sleep early. Any foolproof remedies?

Clanker37

Well speaking as a person who worries about absolutley EVERYTHING (Including Killer Ducks) I have pondered this several times and have found that drinking warm milk can work, but not all the time(espeacialy if you put sugar in it) ,cutting down on sugar just makes your taste buds hate you and the only real remedies I've found ever successful is staying up late the previous night (Only for specific dates), reading before sleep works as you repeat only one action and it distracts you from the time and getting the same amount of sleep all the time (e.g go to bed at 11pm and get up at 7-9am) as you're internal clock will make you sleep or tired when you're bed time is up. The last remedy I find is the most successful for school/work timetables.

Also speak to your doctor and see what he/she says and he/she may subscibe something that cures your insomnia.

Hope that helps

Winter

Quote from: Nakah on March 05, 2011, 10:14:45 PMReally. I've been unable to fall asleep before 3 a.m.(at the earliest) for months now. Even 6-10 mile runs don't allow me to sleep early. Any foolproof remedies?

xanax.

DrP

tea... tazo calm with tazo zen does the trick for me

warm milk

good old nyquil and an ambien.

Cobraroll

Use your sleeping room, or at least your bed, for sleeping only. Try to experiment some with which temperatures you sleep best in (cold works for me, but many others prefer the room to be warm), as well as light. Perhaps even music could help you sleep (Dire, Dire Docks is excellent for that purpose). Or consult a doctor, if nothing helps.
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.

Nakah

lol "for best assistance Nakah, please consult you're local physician with any medical concerns."

And forget sleeping pills/xanax/nyquil

I'll just have to reset my entire circadian cycle.

Jamaha

Military.

If I go to bed at 10, it's at most 10 minutes before I fall asleep. Then I apparently start snoring and my fellow corporals and officer candidates start throwing stuff at me. Not that I wake up to that.

SuperFireKirby

I used to have insomnia. And then I found my cure. Sleeping on the couch with the tv on. Works every time. That's why I do it every night now.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!