Submissions for Mar. 6 Update - 3 New + ∞ Replacements

Started by The Deku Trombonist, February 25, 2011, 03:36:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MoldyPond

Actually, it's like that because I'm not sure how to make the left hand part be a treble clef, so I just put in a second piano. If you know how, please tell me. If it really is too hard to play for this site, then I'll just slow down the MUS file and put a note that's it's supposed to go much faster. It actually doesn't sound too bad at half speed.
Moldy and The Ponds

WiiMan96

The original does sound like that, and it does seem playable given some practice and expertise. The main problem is the adjustments needed with a higher version of Finale. Treble clef in the left hand and some 8va would be necessary. (Even better, Finale full could probably make an 8-treble clef - reads an octave higher than treble - so 8va won't be needed so liberally. Also, the key probably needs to be changed.

Also, appreciating the wishes of the updater (for once) I'll edit this post later for any submissions so it isn't just an off-topic post.

Also, I say also too much.

Jub3r7

Quote from: MoldyPond on March 02, 2011, 01:51:46 AMActually, it's like that because I'm not sure how to make the left hand part be a treble clef, so I just put in a second piano. If you know how, please tell me. If it really is too hard to play for this site, then I'll just slow down the MUS file and put a note that's it's supposed to go much faster. It actually doesn't sound too bad at half speed.
Just cut it (ctrl+x) from the second piano and paste into the left hand, and it should do it automatically for you.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

MoldyPond

I had it like that at first, but it just didn't seem right having the bass look so high up.
Moldy and The Ponds

Olimar12345

can we take this somewhere else? this is for submissions that are ready for submitting-if its not ready make a topic and discuss it there and stop spaming up this topic. come on, guys...
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

pumpy_heart

[GBA] Golden Sun - "Suhalla Desert" - Thomas Wilson
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Tret Tree" - Thomas Wilson
[GBA] Golden Sun - "Victory Fanfare" - Thomas Wilson

Can't provide midis as I can't open them in anything but Finale Reader. They do sound accurate though. I think one or two may need a formatting upgrade that I can't do.
If they get rejected, I'll understand.

Deku:

Actually, it's been a while since I've rejected anything for formatting, I just fix stuff myself.

Suhalla Desert: There's some unplayable stuff on the last page in the R.H. I can change it if you want me to, just tell me how/what.
Tret Tree: Accepted
Victory Fanfare: Accepted

pumpy_heart

I think I know what you're talking about in that piece. I believe I left some eighth notes (quavers) in the right hand part at one point and had a melody over them. I think the eighth notes repeat, so you can just take them out and leave the melody.
If that works, do that. If not, fix it up however you want. Not going to be picky. You don't even have to fix it up if you don't want to.

Deku:

Alrighty, all fixed then.

The Deku Trombonist

Just in case anyone's wondering, I'm just waiting on replies from a couple of people before I put this update up. I'll just give them another day or two.

fingerz

My Dusk Forest isn't ready yet (I need to arrange 12 more bars and then check the chords are right). I'll have it up by next update...
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn