Greg's Arrangements (12/3/2020 Paper Mario TOK: Vellumental Battle)

Started by Greg, March 13, 2011, 02:38:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sekter77

I fixed up the tuned percussion part a bit and fixed a couple of rhythms.
Here you go.

If you don't like anything I altered you can go ahead and change it back. And World 3 sounds just fine!
Guitar and video games.

JDMEK5

Well done!
These sound pretty good!

I have my own "Walking the Plains" here (http://www.ninsheetm.us/smf/index.php?topic=3069.0) if you'd like to see it.
It contains a few more things that yours doesn't, but feel free to add those things to yours.
I already tried submitting it but it got rejected. Hopefully you'll have better luck.
Keep it up!  8)
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Greg

Thanks a lot Sekter, it sounds much better :D

JD, I'd need a mus... or i can't open it  :-\

Added world 8 map screen... but the part added in measures 4-8 sounds terrible, any suggestions?

Greg

I've added Walking the Desert. It isn't complete yet, but I'm going away for a week, so I won't be able to work on it anyway. Feedback would be appreciated... I'm not entirely sure what tone to make the "bah"s.

Greg

Ok... been working furiously on this one.
The Partners in time Normal battle is finished.
Have a listen  ;D

Sekter77

The Battle Theme sounds great! Keep up the good work. Especially on these great Mario games. All these somewhat recent Mario games have some great tracks on them.
Guitar and video games.

Greg

Thanks. Problem with all of these themes is they all require two pianos, and sometimes percussion :-\

I just found this awesome theme... the "Ground/Underground Remix" from Galaxy and Galaxy 2.

Might put them both in one sheet, as they are nearly the same.

Sekter77

Well, they don't really require two pianos. Sometimes one of the parts can be squeezed into a different hand as another voice, or the part isn't prominent enough to be put in the arrangement at all. The fact that you try to include every part shows some real dedication.

Percussion (as far as drums and such go) usually isn't that big of a loss. Most of the time, having the drum part missing won't really matter, especially for piano players. Actually, I don't think I've come across any websites that specialize in video game drum charts. That might be interesting...

By the way, which Galaxy song/songs are you talking about? Could you give a YouTube link or something?
Guitar and video games.

Greg

I have a link to a video in the bottom of the first post... it's a compilation of every theme in the Mario series based on the underground theme.

The theme I'm talking about appears at about 6:00 and 9:00. (once for each Galaxy).

Perhaps some parts are unnecessary in some of my pieces, but I just LOVE hearing a completed arrangement that sounds nearly authentic. Maybe that's just me  :P

I could do versions for one piano with just the main parts... but I have other things to do right now  ::)

EDIT: Just found out that the theme is actually the "Cosmic Mario" theme, which should be easy enough to find. I hate writing sound effects :-\

Greg

Ok, I'm done the Walking the Desert theme.

Don't worry, it sounds WAY better than the one that was on the site before, mostly thanks to my brother.  ;)

Also, I fixed all the incorrect links :-\

JDMEK5

Hey! Great job! I've already started Cosmic Mario. I'm stumped on this one part.
How about a friendly race?  :P The first to finish gets to submit it. Stealing parts is strictly prohibited.

Well, how about it?  :D
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Greg

Hehe. That wouldn't really be fair, as I've just been overloaded with homework.  :P

Well, I'll try, and we'll see. Funny, we keep on arranging the same pieces.

JDMEK5

Yeah. Well, if you don't want to... we don't have to.
Keep up the great work!  ;)

My Arrangements

Greg

I've finished Cosmic Mario.

It's up on the front.

Not entirely sure what to make of the two measures that are entirely percussion though... :-\

EDIT: First arrangement accepted to the site :D

Korados

Quote from: gzgregory on April 10, 2011, 05:41:17 PMNot entirely sure what to make of the two measures that are entirely percussion though... :-\

You might change them to low bass notes, in piano reductions of orchestral works the piano player plays very low notes when percussion instruments play. The best example is Gershwin's Piano Concerto, right in the first measures. ;)