Main Menu

TWG XIV: Winterkid's Game.

Started by master_gamer38, March 16, 2011, 04:40:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

master_gamer38

Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Winter

TWG XIV: Oracle of Secrets

We all know there was a PLANNED third Oracle series game with the title Oracle of Secrets, now I took this Idea to it's LITERAL meaning. In other words every player is hidden secretly, described in the following. If Zelda games were a TWG, it would be like this.

Plot:

In the Oracle of Secrets, the Great Maku Tree decides that instead of using violence and bloodshed to save the land of Hyrule (Yes the game was planned to take place in Hyrule) the Maku Tree used the power of the rings that the Vasu Jeweler keeps to transform each of the characters into assortments of Octoroks, Moblins, Like-Likes, and more. Without the ability to tell who is who the characters are forced to use logic to figure out who's who. Because most of the characters know that almost all are enemies, they are completely aware of the problem of randomly killing, as most of them are used to. There are exceptions, certain characters naturally know each other well and will be aware of each other's appearance. When a decision is made on who is to be killed, the players will run it by the Maku Tree. It will allow any decision to be carried out, but on the Maku Tree's clock, not theirs. And of course, the devious Ganon, Onox and Veran will have their own plans as far as the killing goes. These baddies will go behind the Maku Tree's back as they have their own devious plot.

Character List:

Ganon (Intuitive Wolf) Can seer any player at the beginning of the night phase.
Onox (Vengeance Wolf) Will take down ANY other player when lynched
Veran (Camouflage Wolf) (Seered Green)
Koume (Sorceress of Fire) (Seered Red)
Kotake (Sorceress of Ice)  (Seered Blue)
If both partners are alive when either the wolf team or human team is eliminated, then the third team automatically wins the game
Farore (Psychic) (Human) Will be PM'd with the number of wolves left
Din (Guardian) (Human) Guards one player per night (not him/herself)
Nayru (Seer) (Human) Can seer a player at the beginning of the day phase.
Link (Human)
Ralph (Human)
Link and Ralph are aware that each other are both human from the role PM.
Vasu (Human)
Impa (Human)

Players:

1. SlowPokemon
2. SuperFireKirby
3. Drpamplemousse
4. Nakah
5. Jub3r7
6. Super Zombie
7. Concerto No. 20 In D Minor
8. Dude
9. Maretocks
10. Askalice23
11. Antagonism
12. SuperRiolu

Night Phase Begins Now. 10:00PM EST. (I'm starting early cause it didn't take as long as I thought to set it up)

Night Phase ends 10:00PM EST Tomorrow. get your PM's in!

Winter

Some people didn't know I changed the time zone for the game to eastern, so I'll forgive that :P

An assortment of Oktoroks, Like-Likes, Moblins, and Keese alike were discussing with the Maku Tree who they planned on killing the next morning. When they had come to a decision, a Moblin raised it's torch into the air. This just so happened to be directly underneath a Keese which then burst into flames and fell to the ground. as its wings started to burn away, everybody noticed a glint on the bat. That very same Moblin walked over to discover that it was one of Vasu's rings hanging around the Keese's bone. As he picked it up, the skeleton of the bat suddenly transformed into a human like skeleton with a red jewel embedded in the skull.

Nakah is dead

It is now day one.

Night begins at 10:00 PM EST on the 19th

Concerto No.20 in D minor

1. SlowPokemon
2. SuperFireKirby
3. Drpamplemousse
4. Nakah
5. Jub3r7
6. Super Zombie
7. Concerto No. 20 In D Minor
8. Dude
9. Maretocks
10. Askalice23
11. Antagonism
12. SuperRiolu

Nakah is dead.  Seer should claim.  Safety on Slow.

Super Zombie

No Nakah! It should have been me! Keese is so close to my real name!

So maybe I don't know enough about these Zelda games, but did the glint/red thing tell us who he was? And why should seer claim, Concerto?

Winter

Koume has the red jewel.

Anyway the game needs to be restarted because random.org did a horrible job of shuffling the player list. 8 of you have the same role as your number in the player list suggested.

I'll do that tomorrow, I gotta sleep. Guess Nakah ISN'T dead.

Concerto No.20 in D minor

Super Zombie

:(

This is like Code Lyoko and we're turning back time, but it doesn't matter because we'll just run into another horrible situation in which everyone almost dies. Life is existential that way. Or at least cartoons are.

Or maybe it's like Donnie Darko. Nakah had to die to make the universe not implode SPOILER ALERT (after the fact :)). But it's the other way around. Because in the tangent universe (the first one), Donnie lived and Nakah died. But in the universe that ends up being the real one or whatever, Donnie dies and Nakah lives. Or the wolves decide to kill him a second time. That would be funny.

Am I making sense to anyone? I guess I'm just going off on a tangent...universe. HAHAHAHAAHAHA!

Damn you random.org! Damn you to hell!

Jub3r7

If my role was anybody else, I would have said something about how no one would have noticed the matching roles.
And that there wasn't much reason to restart the game.

But restarting the game is perfectly fine with me.
It's dangerous to go alone, take me with you! [JUB has joined the party.]

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Super Zombie on March 17, 2011, 10:44:57 PMThis is like Code Lyoko and we're turning back time, but it doesn't matter because we'll just run into another horrible situation in which everyone almost dies. Life is existential that way. Or at least cartoons are.

You have just made my day week year century millennium

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

master_gamer38

Quote from: winterkid09 on March 17, 2011, 10:21:51 PMKoume has the red jewel.

Anyway the game needs to be restarted because random.org did a horrible job of shuffling the player list. 8 of you have the same role as your number in the player list suggested.

I'll do that tomorrow, I gotta sleep. Guess Nakah ISN'T dead.

You didn't need to restart. No one knew that asides you.
Avid user of NFNet IRC network.

Winter

It's just that the game really would have been short because if people made the assumption, then 2/3 of the time, their guess would've been right. I want an interesting game :P

Maretocks

I've never played a game where people have used that in their calculations.

<INSERT WITTY SLOGAN>

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: master_gamer38 on March 18, 2011, 04:35:23 PMYou didn't need to restart. No one knew that asides you.
Yes but if you notice you just happen to fall in the same place on the role list as the player list, you might think ,Oooo neet, but then if the seer claims and you notice the same thing, you might get some thoughts.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

Super Zombie