News:

Download Finale Notepad 2012 free here!

Main Menu

Text box magic

Started by JDMEK5, March 23, 2011, 03:16:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

I'd just like to know how to make a vertical line in a text box.
I'd also like to know how to make a link to... mediafire for example, but only have letters of your choice.
(none of this superlong address stuff)

Can anyone help? ???
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

The Deku Trombonist

For your second question follow this format:
[url=link]write something here[/url]
so, this:
[url=http://www.ninsheetm.us/]NSM[/url]
comes out like this:
NSM

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

Brassman388

Just look around for a post that uses that technique and quote it. I'll come out as the original coding that they used.

fingerz

Hahaha! That's what I do. :P
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Dude

Quote from: JDMEK5 on March 23, 2011, 03:16:53 PMI'd just like to know how to make a vertical line in a text box.
You mean "|"?

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

SuperFireKirby

There's a button right under the backspace key on your keyboard for that.

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

JDMEK5

Ohhhhh..... I see......  :-\ I always though that would include the space in the middle, the way it shows.
Thanks!

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

I have another question that I'll put here instead of in a new topic...

This may seem weird coming from a "bombchu bolero" while "blank manuscript paper"s have no problem with it.
I seem to have a hard time putting a picture underneath my name. What format do they have to be in,
and how do you get one straight off the internet?

My Arrangements

Greg

There's a "Profile" button on the navigation bar near the top... go there, click "forum profile information" on left, and then there's a box that says "I have my own pic". Put your link in there.

JDMEK5

Yeah, but, where do you get the link?

(Sorry for the really tough questions)

My Arrangements

Greg

Your link is the URL, if you're getting it off the net.

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: JDMEK5 on April 16, 2011, 03:19:58 PMYeah, but, where do you get the link?

(Sorry for the really tough questions)
Upload your pic(or find a pic) on the internet.

THEN get the image link, which will look something like http://www.clearwater-fl.com/cpl/general/images/beach-new.jpg. Basically it looks like a URL with an image tag(ex. .gif or .jpg).

THEN put it in the signature text box where you edit your profile.

REMEMBER it needs to go between the [IMG,][/IMG,] tags (without the commas).

It should look something like this(without the commas in the tags which are in there so you can see the text instead of the actual image): [img,]http://www.clearwater-fl.com/cpl/general/images/beach-new.jpg[/img,]

And there you go

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

JDMEK5

Thanks! I'll try that. If it doesn't work, I'll check here again.

My Arrangements