News:

Local man invests life savings into turnips. When asked whether it was a wise decision he responded, "Eh. I'm sure someone will buy them."

Main Menu

Made mah day.

Started by ETFROXX, April 14, 2011, 01:54:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FierceDeity

As long as you don't bypass optional stuff, or run away from a lot of fights, it doesn't even require that much grinding (unless you're trying to beat the black omen, but I mean, there's a lot of stuff you'll probably have to do for that). I think it's a pretty balanced amount of challenge for a JRPG.

One of my favorite games of all time, by the way.

Maelstrom

So the black omen is optional? That's a relief.  :P

FierceDeity

Well, with enough grinding, you can technically beat the game as soon as you get to the End of Time, so really everything is "optional" after that point, haha. But yeah, Black Omen is just one of many ways to go about beating the game.

Maelstrom

I thought I heard you could only get the normal ending on your first time through. So how does New Game + work? Do you have to play through the entire game to get to each ending, or is it easier than that?

YouAreNotATadpole

If I remember correctly (it's been over ten years since I did all endings), in your first playthrough, you can get two different (but still similar) endings.

Here's how you get them, if you don't prefer to find them out by yourself :
Spoiler
1 - Engage lavos from the end of time or through the black omen
2 - Engage lavos using epoch
[close]

After that, when you start a new game +, you basically have to do the game all over again to get to each ending. There will be a permanent warp to lavos that wasn't accessible on the normal playthrough and when you beat lavos through that warp, the different endings happen depending on the progress of the story (often, the ending will show the consequences of not doing the next thing you were supposed to do storywise).

But still, I would recommend doing the whole story again even if there weren't any new endings, since you can see a lot of things and links to story elements that you missed on your first playthrough (anyway, I did miss a lot of references on my first playthrough).

And just so you know, you will probably even have to start a third game using the data of your second playthrough in order to get through the first new ending available which is found by :
Spoiler
beating lavos with Crono only. This can be done when you volunteer to test Lucca teleporter at the beginning of the game.
[close]

Have fun!

Dude

I thought there were like ten or more endings though.  :-\

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

spitllama

That bastard didn't give credit.
Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

JDMEK5

"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

Ruto

My professor didn't call me lazy in front of Kefka today, yayyy! Because I was always talking to you guys and Kefka during his afternoon class and tooling around in Mathematica and downloading anime in his other class.

And since I had to deal with people this past week and exams/papers I didn't go on facebook much and thus avoided a lot of politically annoying, misinformed posts and people. I think my stress level just got cut in half haha.

I did see some politician pick his ear and eat it live on CSPAN. Bahaha I can spend my life doing better things :D

I seem to be missing a piece of my ear.

Yugi

Nebbles

Finals are done! HUZZAH!
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

SlowPokemon

THAT FINALS ARE OVER FEEL>>>>>

How'd you do nebbles?
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Nebbles

Hopefully well! The only one I'm nervous about was my bio final, but there was so much material on that test since it was cumulative...
Quote from: Dudeman on April 13, 2016, 04:54:04 PM
- Nebbles, the beauty with the heart of frozen steel

fingerz

My friend Torben came to Uni with me, even though he doesn't go to my Uni, and spent the whole day in my classes. We even managed to play a few rounds of New Super Mario Bros. battle! I swear to god, we have to record ourselves playing that game and post it on YouTube at some point. We're so good at it that it's absolutely hilarious! I always lose, but we're so high up there in skill that it doesn't matter. :D
Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn