News:

change da world
my final message. Goodb ye

Main Menu

What Pieces Are You Learning Right Now?

Started by Fleetstar The Flygon, April 21, 2011, 08:02:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JDMEK5

I was learning the second waltz but then stopped before memorizing it. I can sorta play the main motive off the top of my head...
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements
Finale Version(s): Finale Notepad 2012, Finale 2012, Finale v26

DonValentino

Quote from: FireArrow on July 05, 2013, 02:44:56 PMO: I'm learning the second waltz too!

If you don't mind me asking, do you mean the on-site arrangement of bloody tears or this absolutely awesome arrangement of it!
(Sorry for advertising away from nsm...)

tbh I'm looking for more arrangements, I'm not really convinced with what I've seen yet. Yeah I already have Izumi's arrangement, but thanks anyways. :)

JDMEK5

And flamenco guitar is on my list of stuff to learn now.. :P
"Today's goal strongly involves not dying. Because nobody likes to wake up dead."

My Arrangements

JDMEK5

My Arrangements

ALPRAS

Well, I'm learning now a lot of hardcore stuff xD

Schubert - Wanderer Fantasy

Prokofiev - Sonata Op.14 No.2 in D minor

Rachmaninoff - Corelli Variations Op.42

Cage (John, not Nicolas xD)- In a Landscape

BlackDragonSlayer

Quote from: ALPRAS on August 26, 2013, 04:50:26 PMCage (John, not Nicolas xD)- In a Landscape
Spoiler

ALPRAS... why don't you like me, ALPRAS...
[close]

Errhrmmm... more on topic, though, I'm working on completely learning Toy Block Tower (wonderful arrangement :3)
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

InsigTurtle

Letsee. Currently learning La fille aux cheveux de lin, and Nocturne in C-sharp minor (posthumous) (chopin). Dem tuplets. That part with 35 notes against 4 is proving to be a challenge to time.

JDMEK5

Quote from: rosabellis on August 27, 2013, 12:41:35 AMDem tuplets. That part with 35 notes against 4 is proving to be a challenge to time.
I know exactly what you mean. I'm still learning that song.

Although I'm also learning Bespinben's arrangement of Dragonspiral Tower. Although I can't get through it without improvising on the bass... :P

My Arrangements

ALPRAS

Pit0010

Quote from: ALPRAS on August 26, 2013, 04:50:26 PMWell, I'm learning now a lot of hardcore stuff xD

Schubert - Wanderer Fantasy

Prokofiev - Sonata Op.14 No.2 in D minor

Rachmaninoff - Corelli Variations Op.42

Cage (John, not Nicolas xD)- In a Landscape

ME GOD THEY ARE ALL GOOD ONES XD

I really like the John Cage...it inspired me for one of my compositions I did recently.

Prok. HA XD Play this one day ;)
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

MasterProX

Quote from: rosabellis on August 27, 2013, 12:41:35 AMThat part with 35 notes against 4 is proving to be a challenge to time.

Playing it on the violin is devilish. The rest of the song is pretty easy, though. Also...

I'm working on an arrangement of this with a string orchestra accompaniment instead of piano. Planning on playing it next year, since this arrangement is going slowly.

Pit0010

OMG I LOVE THAT PIECE! XD
I was gonna play it but it was the the other G minor one. =_=
Quote from: NocturneOfShadow on January 15, 2015, 07:20:41 PM
AUSSI
"Sorry to keep you waiting!'
~Pit, Kid Icarus Uprising ♥

Me youtube channel!: http://www.youtube.com/user/Pit0030

BlackDragonSlayer

New Orleans Nightfall by William Gillock

Very interesting piece, I must say.
And the moral of the story: Quit while you're a head.

Fakemon Dex
NSM Sprite Thread
Compositions
Story Thread
The Dread Somber

Yugi

It seems like one of his grander/easier arrangements, so I might decide to learn this.

ALPRAS

Quote from: Pit0010 on September 03, 2013, 01:08:32 AMME GOD THEY ARE ALL GOOD ONES XD

I really like the John Cage...it inspired me for one of my compositions I did recently.

Prok. HA XD Play this one day ;)

Yeah, it's a great program for sure!

Yes, I recently discovered this Cage's piece, I just get hypnotized hearing it, it's indescribably beautiful, it's like a continuous state of mind, absolutely amazing...