Corneria - Finale Help Needed!

Started by Dekudude, April 22, 2011, 11:58:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dekudude

Hey guys!

http://www.mediafire.com/?rw4b0dp6pfg2vo7

This is, to my knowledge, the best-sounding, most complete piano score for Star Fox's famous Corneria theme. You will not find a better sounding arrangement! However, you will not find a harder one either. I'm tired of seeing all of these half-complete arrangements and recordings, so I decided to make my own. I definitely took some artistic license, but as good arrangements are definitely better-sounding than basic piano transcriptions, I feel it turned out very well.

Unfortunately, this song is NOT YET complete. I need somebody with the full version of Finale to make the following changes to the sheet:

Measures 20-21 should be played the first time ONLY. Add one of those little |---1.--| things.
Measure 21 should be in 3/4 time.
Measures 23-25 should be in 5/4 time. This will result in them being two identical measures.

Also, can you make the repeats work? It might do that automatically when you load it in the full version of Finale. I don't know.

Lastly, if possible (though not mandatory) if you could squish all of the measures up to the top of the page so they're not spread out, that would be wonderful.

Thank you so much for your help! As a thanks, I'll submit this to NSM when it's completed. :) Also, if you have any other suggestions on changes that should be made, feel free to let me know.

Olimar12345

hey deku i tried to edit ur piece but these confused me:
Quote from: Dekudude on April 22, 2011, 11:58:50 AMMeasures 20-21 should be played the first time ONLY. Add one of those little |---1.--| things.
Measures 23-25 should be in 5/4 time. This will result in them being two identical measures.

i did alot of just "maintenance" things to it tho. get back to me and i can help u finish it. :)

MUS
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dekudude

Hm. First, remove the quotes from the title. While you're welcome to put them there for the NSM release, it isn't proper to have quotes over the title of something when it's actually the title. :P Also, when you modified it, it lost its tempo. Oops!

20-21 should be a "1st ending" for that section of the song. You know, put one of these over it:

Measures 23-25 should be in 5/4, not 4/4. :) Also, don't forget that 17 needs to be in 3/4.

Thanks!

Olimar12345

ok i did what u said exactly but it still makes no sense to me... lemme know if this is wrong: MUS
Visit my site: VGM Sheet Music by Olimar12345 ~ Quality VGM sheet music available for free!

Dekudude

Oh, snap, wait. Wrong measures. :P I see what your problem is now, haha. Sorry!

16-17 as a 1st ending
17 still in 3/4
19-21 as 5/4

I don't know how I got those other numbers. Sorry again, and thanks a lot!

Olimar12345

much better! rockin' piece u have here! lemme know if this is it: MUS