News:

Need help with Finale? Have a question about arranging? NSM Resources is the place to go!

Main Menu

[NDS] PMD: Explorers of Time/Darkness/Sky - Multiple Songs

Started by Crystalmask, May 18, 2011, 10:13:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crystalmask

Quote from: Bespinben on August 03, 2011, 02:20:26 PMLolies, I tried to arrange it so that they could be played with two hands, but I understand what you mean. With all the different musical layers in both of them, it would be hard to mentally keep track of them as you play. Nevertheless, I get a feeling that what you may be referring to that requires more than two hands is "Sacrifice", due the fact I've asked the performer to somehow play a sustained low bass chord while playing higher notes staccato with the same hand. You actually can do that, if you use the obscure middle pedal on the piano called the sostenuto pedal that sustains a single chord upon pressing, allowing your left hand to play those higher notes in the bass clef staccato while still having the low bass sustained.

Oh my god, you can do that?  :o

....Damn, I still have a long way to go then XD

And yess, I was referring to 'Sacrifice' (I should have specified XD). But yayy, I'm glad you told me this so now I can just print it out and ask my piano teacher to teach me how to do it correctly :D As for the other song, I already managed to sorta play half of it yayyyy  ;D

Okay, well, now I'll leave you alone XD I feel sort of embarrased for posting so much hehe

Thanks again SO SO SO much for the sheets<3

Bespinben

Quote from: Crystalmask on August 03, 2011, 05:00:10 PMOkay, well, now I'll leave you alone XD I feel sort of embarrased for posting so much hehe
Well, my To-Do List is surprisingly empty right now, so I really wouldn't mind at all if you asked for something again, because I need stuff to work on.

And it's great to hear you've already gotten that far on "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye"! Personally, my favorite part in the arrangement is the beginning, with the long arpeggios in the bass clef. As much as I like the climax near the end, it's very hard to play, and it just doesn't have that same soft, tender feeling as conveyed in the beginning.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

Crystalmask

Quote from: Bespinben on August 03, 2011, 06:43:16 PMWell, my To-Do List is surprisingly empty right now, so I really wouldn't mind at all if you asked for something again, because I need stuff to work on.

I feel like you just told me I won 100 dollars XD

Let's seee... Okay well, I'm going to show you three songs I like so you have more options and you can chose the one you like best :D

Confess the truth 2009 (Ace Attorney Investigations)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wuoN9MesbW0

There's a part where it gets very, err, 'instrumenty'(lol) so hopefully it isn't too hard?

Song of the Sun (Professor Layton and The Eternal Diva)

Link 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ppoot9Az5LU&feature=related
Link 2: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nwGol5Mlr0k&feature=related
Link 3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwS-48nIVDc

The first link (the one I like) is the songs from the second and third link mixed together plus a new song. They're not three different songs (you'll see, they all sound basically alike). I notice you like to sort of mix similar songs which is why i'm also providing links to those two.

You and me and Pokemon (Pokemon Anime / Pokemon Heroes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYH_7Dv7XuM

This song is basically my favorite song from the Poké anime XD This version was kind of hard to find on youtube because it was burried between the 9000+ videos of the pop version of the song (this one is so much nicer and more relaxing).

Woo! I know the last two songs aren't really video game songs but at least they come from movies derived from the VGs so it still counts sorta? XD If you'd like me to change them to songs from video games, please tell me.

Thank you so so much for doing this. I'm sure you don't feel that way but just in case, please don't feel like I'm pressuring you to do all three. I'll be delighted with whatever you're willing to make.

Quote from: Bespinben on August 03, 2011, 06:43:16 PMAnd it's great to hear you've already gotten that far on "I Don't Want to Say Goodbye"! Personally, my favorite part in the arrangement is the beginning, with the long arpeggios in the bass clef. As much as I like the climax near the end, it's very hard to play, and it just doesn't have that same soft, tender feeling as conveyed in the beginning.

Yeaah heh, the ending is still difficult to play but, as you mentioned, the beggining is very nice and relaxing to hear/play.

Shadoninja

Quote from: Crystalmask on August 03, 2011, 07:52:54 PMConfess the truth 2009 (Ace Attorney Investigations)

There's a part where it gets very, err, 'instrumenty'(lol) so hopefully it isn't too hard?
i'm working on this one actually.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Crystalmask on August 03, 2011, 07:52:54 PMI'm still having trouble with the climax but as you said, the beggining is super nice

Oh god my mind is horrible
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Crystalmask

Quote from: SlowPokemon on August 03, 2011, 08:00:19 PM
Quote from: Crystalmask on August 03, 2011, 07:52:54 PMYeaah heh, I'm still having trouble with the climax but as you said, the beggining is super nice

Oh god my mind is horrible

LOL

Oh God, just lol.

I like your mind pfftt haha

.. Oh man, now I can't stop thinking about it XD I'm going to change it, methinks >.>

Quote from: Shadoninja on August 03, 2011, 07:56:23 PMi'm working on this one actually.

Really? Awesome! I can't wait to hear it :D

SlowPokemon

Quote from: Crystalmask on August 03, 2011, 08:04:26 PMLOL

Oh God, just lol.

I like your mind pfftt haha

I'm so sorry oh my god that was bad.

XD I'm glad, I like my mind as well but occasionally it causes me to be asked to leave the room... here I am never not usually only occasionally asked to leave
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

Bespinben

Quote from: Crystalmask on August 03, 2011, 07:52:54 PMYou and me and Pokemon (Pokemon Anime / Pokemon Heroes)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WYH_7Dv7XuM

This song is basically my favorite song from the Poké anime XD This version was kind of hard to find on youtube because it was burried between the 9000+ videos of the pop version of the song (this one is so much nicer and more relaxing).

OH GOSH. THAT'S THAT ONE SONG FROM THE HORRENDOUS POKEMON MUSICAL.

Putting that aside, the song itself seems to have a lot of emphasis on percussion, which can't really translate to piano. I do love the music for the Pokémon anime however, so I'll find a song I like (or you like, if you think of another one) and arrange it.

Crystalmask

Quote from: Bespinben on August 03, 2011, 08:59:51 PMOH GOSH. THAT'S THAT ONE SONG FROM THE HORRENDOUS POKEMON MUSICAL.

Putting that aside, the song itself seems to have a lot of emphasis on percussion, which can't really translate to piano. I do love the music for the Pokémon anime however, so I'll find a song I like (or you like, if you think of another one) and arrange it.

Wait, what? Really? Oh God, really? lol I need to youtube/google this... LOOOOL OH GOD. Ahahahahaha this is kinda sad but funny XD Aaahahaha I remember watching clips of the musical on youtube and I wasn't sure if I had to cry or laugh at how awful it was (I kinda want to watch clips again for the lulz) XD;

Anyway, I basically like all songs from the anime so you chose one :D

... Aw man, I wish you hadn't told me the musical thing XD  I guess I can just pretend that this song was never featured in it and it was made for the fourth movie only. Yep, there's nothing like denial! Yayyy!

Bespinben

Illusion destroyed. It's also in the 3rd movie, "Spell of the Unown" >=)

EDIT: I found what I want to arrange. It's something I started awhile ago, but I lost the file: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O6TWUjtbb9E

P.S. I just noticed this thread has significantly strayed from its title XD           

Shadoninja

Quote from: Crystalmask on August 03, 2011, 07:52:54 PMConfess the truth 2009 (Ace Attorney Investigations)

[NDS]Ace Attorney Investigations: Miles Edgeworth - Confess the Truth 2009 MUS

LE BAM.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman