News:

We seem to have trapped one of the mods within the forum's code... and we're not sure how to get him out. Oh well, he'll figure it out!

Main Menu

Dudeman's Arrangements (5/22/19 ~ Turnabout Sisters)

Started by Dudeman, June 12, 2011, 01:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

The Official Dudeman Arrangements List:

Chip's Challenge
Main Theme*: [PDF][MIDI]

Kirby's Epic Yarn
Frosty Wheel: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]
Secret Island*: [PDF][MIDI]
Butter Building: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
The Black Tower: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]
Final Battle Against Veran*: [PDF][MIDI]
Mermaid Cave: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]
Symmetry City (Past): [PDF][MIDI][MUS]
Symmetry City (Present): [PDF][MIDI][MUS] <--- The last measure is a little messy thanks to 8va's, so a fixing would be much appreciated.

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Seasons
Final Battle Against Onox*: [PDF][MIDI]
Poison Moth's Lair: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]
Tarm Ruins/Lost Woods (Replacement)*: [PDF][MUS]: Measures 9-10, 13, 15, left hand
Temple Ruins*: [PDF][MIDI]

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Deku Toad: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]

Mega Man
Bomb Man (Replacement): [PDF][MIDI][MUS]
Boss*: [PDF][MIDI]
Guts Man: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]
Ice Man*: [PDF][MIDI]

Mega Man 2
Bubble Man Stage: [PDF][MID][MUS]
Flash Man Stage: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]
[3-Channel Unplayable Ver. MIDI]

Mega Man 3
Magnet Man: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]
Shadowman*: [PDF][MIDI]

Mega Man 4
Ring Man Stage: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]

Mega Man 5
Dark Man Stage: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]
[3-Channel Unplayable Ver. MIDI]
Gravity Man: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]
Wave Man: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]

Mega Man 6
All Stage Clear*: [PDF][MIDI]
Blizzard Man*: [PDF][MIDI]
Boss Battle*: [PDF][MIDI]
Centaurman*: [PDF][MIDI]
Dr. Wily Stage*: [PDF][MIDI]
Dr. Wily Stage Map*: [PDF][MIDI]
Ending*: [PDF][MIDI]
Game Over*: [PDF][MIDI]
Get a Weapon*: [PDF][MIDI]
Knightman*: [PDF][MIDI]
Last Boss (Replacement)*: [PDF][MIDI]
Mr. X Stage Map*: [PDF][MIDI]
Password*: [PDF][MIDI]
Plantman*: [PDF][MIDI]
Stage Clear*: [PDF][MIDI]
Stage Intro*: [PDF][MIDI]
Title*: [PDF][MIDI]
Tomahawk Man Stage: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]
Windman*: [PDF][MIDI]
Yamatoman*: [PDF][MIDI]

Mega Man 7
Shade Man Stage: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]
[6-Channel Unplayable Ver. MIDI]

Mega Man X3
Dr. Light: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]

Mega Man X5
Zero Dead: [PDF][MIDI][MUS]

Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney
Maya Fey ~ Turnabout Sisters' Theme 2001 (Replacement): [PDF][MIDI][MUS][MSCZ]

Shovel Knight
Strike the Earth! Plains of Passage (6-Channel Unplayable ver.): [MIDI]

On-Site Arrangements
On-Site Arrangements:
Animal Crossing: City Folk
Mr. Resetti's Theme

Kirby's Epic Yarn:
Cool Cave
Melody Town
Mole Hole
Patch Castle
Yin-Yarn's Theme

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages & Oracle of Seasons
Ancient Ruins
Boss
Dancing Dragon Dungeon
Explorer's Crypt
Gnarled Root Dungeon
Hero's Cave
Snake's Remains
Sword and Shield Maze
Tarm Ruins/Lost Woods
Under the Sea
Unicorn's Cave
Wing Dungeon

The Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword
Batreaux's Theme
Scrapper's Theme

The Legend of Zelda: Spirit Tracks
Gage's Duet

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
Ordon Village

Luigi's Mansion
Dancing Shy Guy Ghosts

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Cackletta Battle (Final)
File Select/Game Over
His Name is Fawful

Mario Kart Wii
Final Lap

Mega Man
Elec Man Stage

Mega Man 3
Ending

Mega Man 5
Charge Man Stage
Crystal Man Stage

Mega Man 6
Intro
Mr. X Stage

Paper Mario
Jr. Troopa

Pokémon Crystal Version
Battle! (Suicune)

Pokémon Gold Version & Pokémon Silver Version
Battle! (Gym Leader—Johto Version)
Battle! (Gym Leader—Kanto Version)
Battle! (Team Rocket)
Battle! (Trainer Battle—Kanto Version)
Goldenrod Game Corner
Pokémon Gym
Victory! (Gym Leader)

Super Mario 64
Koopa's Theme
[close]

*Some of these arrangements have an incomplete MUS, others don't even have one. For incomplete MUS files, please compare the PDF to the MUS at the marked measures, and fix it if you can. Thank you! :)

Big THANK YOUs to blueflower999, Shadoninja, Bloop, Brassman388, SWMadness, Bespinben, DonValentino, Korados, Fingerz, starrgrl24, pumpy_heart, Olimar12345, Spitllama, K-NiGhT, TheZeldaPianist275, SlowPokemon, Jompa, wariopiano, Clanker37, JesterMusician, Tobbeh99, Latios212, Sebastian, WaluigiTime64 and whoever else I might be forgetting for their critiquing, suggestions, and help with my MUS files! My arrangements would not be how they are without you!
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Kimmel

Hey,

can you upload the files with mediafire or something else that hasn't a waiting time? I hate it to wait...

Sorry for my English ^.^

Dudeman

Quote from: Kimmel on June 13, 2011, 02:04:50 AMcan you upload the files with mediafire?

Edited. All files are now on MediaFire.
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Shadoninja

excellent, now I can help.

I'll start with hero's cave

Edit: Hero's Cave
I only changed the composer data slightly to match formatting rules. "and" was replaced with a comma.

Explorer's Crypt
same deal as above.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Kimmel

Your arrangements are simple transcriptions. It looks like you transcribe them directly from the midi. Try to add something, so that people can say: "Wow!".

The pieces should have an ending, for example. I know, most of the video game music pieces doesn't have an ending (and that's good!), but if you arrange it for an instrument then there should be an ending.

Besides, use more chords (of course, if it fits)! A person, who plays piano can press more than three keys at the same time. Using more chords make your arrangements fuller and richer.

Sorry for my English ^.^

Dudeman

Quote from: Kimmel on June 16, 2011, 05:14:56 AMYour arrangements are simple transcriptions. It looks like you transcribe them directly from the midi. Try to add something, so that people can say: "Wow!".

The pieces should have an ending, for example. I know, most of the video game music pieces doesn't have an ending (and that's good!), but if you arrange it for an instrument then there should be an ending.

Besides, use more chords (of course, if it fits)! A person, who plays piano can press more than three keys at the same time. Using more chords make your arrangements fuller and richer.
That's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to make the transcription as close to the original as possible. I'm a perfectionist that way. It's just what I do.

Bloop

Quote from: Kimmel on June 16, 2011, 05:14:56 AMBesides, use more chords (of course, if it fits)! A person, who plays piano can press more than three keys at the same time. Using more chords make your arrangements fuller and richer
That's actually what happened with my (still unfinished) arrangement of Rocket Barrel from DKCR. There's a big difference between this (shadoninja begun with this notes, I made this further) and this.

Kimmel

Quote from: Dudeman on June 23, 2011, 09:44:23 AMThat's what I'm trying to do. I'm trying to make the transcription as close to the original as possible. I'm a perfectionist that way. It's just what I do.

If you call it a transcription, than it is fine.
Besides, adding chords etc. don't change the original.

QuoteThat's actually what happened with my (still unfinished) arrangement of Rocket Barrel from DKCR. There's a big difference between this (shadoninja begun with this notes, I made this further) and this.

Your arrangement is better than the other one. But it seems, that some chords are misplaced. Keep it up!
Sorry for my English ^.^

Dudeman

Alright, I've submitted Hero's Cave and Explorer's Crypt into the submission topic. Only six more to go!

Brassman388

Alrighty, well, that took a long time.

I've put into Finale form the first three songs that you have up in your queue.

Usually, I would give suggestions and tips and such about arranging but seeing as how you've managed to only work strait from the midi file, it would prove useless. I mean, I hate to accuse anyone of copy and paste-ing, but you don't seem to hide it at all. You'll notice what I mean when you check the sheets that I've uploaded. I took the time to capture the essence of what an arrangement would look and sound like for you to observe.

Consider it them a gift. I don't want any credit, just know that I took the time to look at your sheets and appreciate hard work.

Tarm Ruins
Snake's Remains
Gnarled Root Dungeon

Dudeman

Thanks a lot, Brassman! I see what you're getting at. It's just...when it comes to music, I'm a perfectionist (as I said before), so I make it more of a transcription than an arrangement. This is made easier in Game Boy and NES games because of the type of soundtrack they use. If I was arranging something from, say, a Gamecube game, I would make it more approximated. If I do more midi-orchestrated games in the future, I would probably make it more of an arrangement.

SWMadness

Holy crap, Tarm Ruins! I've been looking for a transcription of that for ages!

(No pun intended...  ;D )

After playing through it on piano, it sounds pretty good, except that measure 7 isn't really playable, since the left and right hands overlap too much. if you shifted the left hand down an octave for that part and the measure after it, it'd help a lot.

Hope this helps!

Dudeman

Edit: Changed the PDF and MIDI for Tarm Ruins/Lost Woods. Thanks, SWMadness!

Dudeman

New piece!! Surprisingly, this only took me an hour to arrange.
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga:
Bowletta Battle
PDF
MIDI

This has been added to the ODAL.

Dudeman

Another addition! I want a lot of critiquing for this one.

Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Cackletta Battle (Final):
PDF
MIDI
MUS

These have been added to the ODAL.