Dudeman's Arrangements (5/22/19 ~ Turnabout Sisters)

Started by Dudeman, June 12, 2011, 01:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Bloop

Dudeman

Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dudeman

A while back, Bespinben gave me his arrangement of "Butter Building" from Kirby's Epic Yarn. After a few revisions, I bring it to you now as a joint arrangement between me and Bespinben. Enjoy! ;D
Kirby's Epic Yarn
Butter Building*:
[PDF][MIDI]

Dudeman

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
The Postman's Theme (Replacement)*:
[PDF][MIDI][MUS]
Link

Super Smash Bros. Brawl
Final Destination (Replacement)*:
[PDF][MIDI]
Link

Bespinben

Your Final Destination replacement is really good! I would suggest however, that you move the melody in measures 8-16 to the bass clef instead having it on layer 2 of the treble clef. You can still let those low notes ring while you use your left hand to play that melody by using the sostenuto pedal.
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Dudeman

I read it and have a couple responses which I posted.

KefkaticFanatic

me irl
[close]

Dudeman

I am happy to report that despite some technical difficulties, my webspace is now more awesome-looking! Check it out! :)
Feel free to email questions, comments, problems, or requests to me if anything comes up!

DonValentino

Quote from: Dudeman on September 11, 2011, 04:15:22 PMI am happy to report that despite some technical difficulties, my webspace is now more awesome-looking! Check it out! :)
Feel free to email questions, comments, problems, or requests to me if anything comes up!

Looks good!  :D
Here's a suggestion: If you want, organize the sections by console instead by series. This way you could get rid off of the "Miscellaneous" section. Just a suggestion, you can do anything you want!  :)

Dudeman

Hey, everyone. Got a couple new arrangements today.

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Milk Bar (Jazz Ensemble):
[PDF][MIDI]

Super Scribblenauts
Level Start*:
[PDF][MIDI]

Also, new policy: If an arrangement receives no critiquing whatsoever within two weeks of its posting, it will be put in the submission topic as it is. If you really think the arrangement couldn't go on the site as it is, please, please, please critique!

EDIT: If anyone is curious, my site (mentioned in the above posts) is currently non-existent. The hosting plan fell through.

Shadoninja

Super Scribblenauts
Level Start

there is no reason why the tempo needs to be quarter = 196. halve the tempo and note durations accordingly.

the left hand is near impossible unless you have a massive hand span. I'd remove at least the bottom notes in the second layer.

why do you have a Bb in they key signature if the piece does not have any B's. it seems a bit unnecessary.

wasn't this song originally from scribblenauts?

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Milk Bar (Jazz Band)

17 pages is too much even for a score. adjust the measures per system system and shrink down the page size and then adjust the system spacing.

this is very odd instrumentation for a jazz band. you need trumpets, trombone, alto sax, and baritone sax.

the Bass guitar does not need an octave bass clef and, as written, would be impossible unless you detuned all of the strings which is absolutely not necessary. the same is true for the steel guitar(which you could just name Guitar) and probably the celesta.

I believe drum rules state that anything played with the hands should be stem up and anything played by the foot should be stem down or something to that effect.
the drum part needs more to it as well.

I know that it's arranged for a jazz band but don't use free time. add in a time signature.
"And so my saga of quoting myself in everyone's signature continues" - dudeman

Dudeman

Just a note, I kind of did Milk Bar for fun, and when I looked at the instruments, I didn't really know what kind of arrangement it was.
     Would Jazz Ensemble work better?
The octave clefs came automatically with the instruments, so I left them that way.
The drum notes wrote themselves that way. And how could I fix that, anyway?
I don't know a lot of terminology. Please define "Measures per system".
What do you mean by "shrink down the page size"?
I forgot to put in a time signature. That's why there isn't one. Will fix, though.
I just put in the drum sounds in the original. In case you're curious, I used this MIDI file.

Level Start:
I don't know if it was. I never owned the original.
The piece is in F Major/D minor, so I wrote it that way. Just because it doesn't have the notes doesn't mean I'm not going to get the key signature right.
Thanks for pointing out the bass notes; I'm going to invert the chords.
If I adjust the tempo, 1) the music will be only two measures long and 2) Quarter=98 looks way too slow for a piece like this.

Dudeman

Just a note: My Milk Bar arrangement sounds better if you save the link and then open it with Windows Media Player.
Also, I would really, really, really *hint hint* like my incomplete MUS files completed so that I can submit them. Thanks in advance!