News:

Debate topic for next Tuesday: Are cannons truly valid instruments for an orchestra? Or should they be replaced with something safer, like Tesla coils?

Main Menu

Dudeman's Arrangements (5/22/19 ~ Turnabout Sisters)

Started by Dudeman, June 12, 2011, 01:46:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dudeman

Now for something...a lot more relaxed. :)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Staff Roll (Duet)*:
[PDF][MIDI]
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

DonValentino

Quote from: Dudeman on March 07, 2012, 08:02:25 PMNow for something...a lot more relaxed. :)
Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga
Staff Roll (Duet)*:
[PDF][MIDI]

I always wanted this song! Nice! But you forgot to put the "Swing!" thing on the pdf. Nothing important.

Dudeman

Oops, thanks for noticing that! Fixing...
EDIT: Fixed. ¡Gracias para tus ojos! :P
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

Dudeman

The Legend of Zelda: Oracle of Ages
Symmetry City (Past)*:
[PDF][MIDI]

So...I now officially have nothing on my plate. Any requests? Suggestions?

DonValentino

Dudeman

Quote from: spitllama on March 09, 2012, 09:32:59 AMOr Mysterial's Theme? ;)
"Is that a challenge?" "No, that wasn't a challenge, Carl." "I think it was a challenge." "It wasn't!" "CHALLENGE ACCEPTED."

spitllama

Submissions Page
Currently using Finale 2012

Dudeman

spitllama

Woo I've been asking for this for so long I'm so glad someone finally did it! It's great! Thank you!

Couple suggestions-

Measure 1: The first two notes are tied, not played twice.

Measure 5-6 and the like: The fourth beat of measure 5 and the first beat of measure 6 sound off

Measures 5-16, 25-36: There are some missing timpani voices which could really make the piece more full. You've got them on measures 3-4 and 43, but they are absent otherwise. If you're having trouble hearing them, listen starting at measure 29 where they are the most clear.

Measures 9-15 and like patterns: There are some high trumpets that continue to play the same note to a rhythm. There are also some instruments (what I believe to be trombones) playing triplets at the beginning of every measure.

Measures 37 & 39: The first chord seems to be a 16th note, 16th note, 16th rest, 16th note pattern instead of a sole quarter note.

Measure 39: The background voice that ascends, which you have beginning on measure 40, actually begins on beat three of measure 39.

Measure 43: The voice that you have coming out on measure 44 in the left hand starts on the 4th beat of measure 43, ascending

Thank you again! Those chords perfectly mimic the original epicness! :P
Submissions Page

Dudeman

Quote from: spitllama on March 10, 2012, 01:59:25 PMMeasure 1: The first two notes are tied, not played twice.
Nope. I checked that, and they are two separate notes.
Quote from: spitllama on March 10, 2012, 01:59:25 PMMeasure 5-6 and the like: The fourth beat of measure 5 and the first beat of measure 6 sound off
They're not. They way the chords progress just makes it sound like that.
Quote from: spitllama on March 10, 2012, 01:59:25 PMMeasures 9-15 and like patterns: There are also some instruments (what I believe to be trombones) playing triplets at the beginning of every measure.
They're quarter notes, but the drum makes them sound like triplets.
Quote from: spitllama on March 10, 2012, 01:59:25 PMMeasure 43: The voice that you have coming out on measure 44 in the left hand starts on the 4th beat of measure 43, ascending
No, it doesn't. I listened for that, and it starts on beat one of measure 44.

I'm gonna fix the rest of the piece, adding the timpani, trumpet, and other rhythms that I missed.

spitllama

Ok. After reviewing it I agree with those. I'm still hearing the voice on measure 43 but maybe that's just my own mind. Thanks for reading those over.
Submissions Page

Dudeman

Well, it's all fixed! Hope you like it!
Slightly unrelated side-note, but I started playing PBR again after I arranged this and realized that the Mysterial Battle music is just an orchestration of the Gateway Colosseum music! Kind brings the game in full circle if you think about it...

spitllama

I'll have to check that out. Had no idea haha. Thanks again! It sounds great.
Submissions Page

Dudeman

Well, this is embarrassing.
You know how I made a big deal about how I finished the Mega Man 6 soundtrack?
I forgot one.
 :-[
Mega Man 6
Game Over*:
[PDF][MIDI]
^ that pretty much describes my feelings right now. :P