News:

Don't forget to submit your daily replacement!

Main Menu

.sib into .mus - Is it possible?

Started by Bespinben, June 13, 2011, 10:11:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bespinben

First post  ;D!!! I'm new here on the forums; however, I've been using Ninsheetmusic for quite awhile now to learn some of my favorite songs, a few being Super Mario (Underwater theme), Game Corner (Pokémon Red), and the Team Rocket Motto (Pokémon anime [thanks for the great arrangement Dahans]).

Anyway, I was wondering if there was any way I could convert my Sibelius First scores into .mus file format, as I have amassed quite a collection of songs I've transcribed over the months since I began using the very ergonomic Sibelius music writing software (no offense Finale). These include N's Farewell from Pokémon Black and White, Kanto Wild Pokemon Battle (anime version), Johto Wild Pokemon Battle (anime version), Sky Tower + Sky Tower Summit (both from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Blue/Red Rescue Team), and even the catchy Thunderwave Cave (also from Pokemon Mystery Dungeon B/R RT). It would be quite a hassle for me to manually redo ALL my songs in Finale Notepad, so if anyone has the answer, please feel free to share the solution. Thanks!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday

starrgrl24

I don't believe there is way to directly convert .sib to .mus buuuuut...what you can do is in sibelius, instead of saving it as .sib, save it as musicXML. Finale can open up the XML document. Hope that helps! :)

I like chocolate. :3

Bespinben

You're so right! Midi's don't exactly store as much information as XML... GENIUS!
Quote from: Nebbles on July 04, 2015, 12:05:12 PM
Someone beat Bespinben to making PMD music?! GASP!

MLF for Chatroom Mod next Tuesday