News:

NinSheetMusic is 18 years old!

Main Menu

100000 forum posts!

Started by Dude, June 24, 2011, 11:55:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dude

Congrats everyone. Hopefully we can get to 200000 soon!

universe-X

I just realized the most people we've had online was this year... How did I miss that? D:

SuperFireKirby

Quote from: Mashi on March 26, 2013, 05:54:37 PMAfter viewing both FMA:Brotherhood and Naruto Shippuden, it would be frivolous to even consider watching an anime as unbearably mediocre as Melancholy. NARUTOxHINATA 4 LYFE!!!

SlowPokemon

Quote from: universe-X on June 24, 2011, 12:19:18 PMI just realized the most people we've had online was this year... How did I miss that? D:

Lol. I pointed it out when it happened.
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

universe-X

Winter

I thought about pointing it out. Quite interesting actually.

fabbemannen

100 000 posts
Approximately 80-90% spam

fingerz

Classical / Jazz / Contemporary
Performer / Arranger / Educator
Bb, A, C & Bass Clarinet / Soprano, Alto, Tenor & Baritone Saxophone / Basset Horn

Sekter77

So apparently the most users ever (255 of them) were online on March 18, 2011. Does anyone remember what happened to get so many posters at once?

I hope that wasn't the first day bots discovered the forums and flooded them with nonsense.
Guitar and video games.

universe-X

I think you should read the first, like, 4 posts of this topic :P

The Deku Trombonist

Quote from: Sekter77 on July 01, 2011, 09:48:37 PMDoes anyone remember what happened to get so many posters at once?

I do :) It was a bunch of spambots, and then a bunch of 'guests' viewing the profiles of the spambots.

Sekter77

Oh. That's kinda disappointing actually. Thanks for the info though.
Don't we have, like, three anti-bot measures now? I didn't know there were so many different types.

But I also hope that the 200,000 post mark isn't far away!
Guitar and video games.

SlowPokemon

The first 100000 only took three and a half years after all...
Quote from: Tobbeh99 on April 21, 2016, 02:56:11 PM
Fuck logic, that shit is boring, lame and does not always support my opinions.

fabbemannen

hmm...off-topic and forum games got almost 50k alone

Cobraroll

Quote from: fabbemannen on June 29, 2011, 02:32:51 PM100 000 posts
Approximately 80-90% spam

Actually, I think it's over 95%. Most of the off-topic section is just random babblings, and Forum Games is spam per def. The extraordinary ability of NSM to turn any conversation off topic is very notable everywhere else.

Then there's about 3% of commentaries or replies to other people's work (stories, art, arrangements), a percent or so of requests, and a percent or so of posts worth reading (such as submission posts).
Emergence - a story exclusive to NSM

Yes, I'm still around from time to time. For quicker response, you can reach me by PM, or drop by Smogon to say hi. I go by "Codraroll" there, because of a bet.