News:

Congratulations!! You, yes, YOU, dear user, have been selected for the "You Read This News Item" award! Click here for your prize!!

Main Menu

MOTIVATION AND A SLICE OF WISDOM

Started by braix, November 30, 2016, 01:53:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FireArrow

Quote from: Dudeman on January 23, 2017, 05:35:59 PM
straight from the department of redundancy department

Dudeman

I mean that's kind of what Moses did, just sayin'
Quote from: braixen1264 on December 03, 2015, 03:52:29 PMDudeman's facial hair is number 1 in my book

E. Gadd Industries

Well, I mean, Moses held up his arm with his staff in his hand. But who's counting? :P

Question: Which sea are we talking about?
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

Hey look, more Stephen Covey

Sundae; December 4, 2016
"Most people do not listen with the intent to understand; they listen with the intent to reply."
~Stephen Covey
Quote from: MaestroUGC on August 19, 2015, 12:22:27 PM
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

braix

Tuesday(I think); December 6, 2016
"Character is the result of two things: Mental attitude and the way we spend our time."
~Elbert Green Hubbard
Braixen is a wonderful [insert gender] with beautiful [corresponding gender trait] and is just the darlingest at [stereotypical activity typically associated with said gender] you ever saw.

braix

Thread is going to take a slight turn. Instead of straight motivation, I'll be posting stuff more in regards to wisdom with a small blurb. PM me quotes and stuff if you have any to share.

So this quote is really wordy, but it basically points to the fact that success doesn't happen by incredible talent but is rather achieved by very mundane methods, with lots of consistency and resolve and whatnot.

Sunday; Two-months-later 12, 2017
"Superlative performance is really a confluence of dozens of small skills or activities, each one learned or stumbled upon, which have been carefully drilled into habit and then are fitted together in a synthesized whole. There is nothing extraordinary or superhuman in any one of these actions; only the fact that they are done consistently and correctly, and all together, produce excellence."
~Dan Chambliss

braix

Successful people are often creatures of habit, with a very set routine for every day

Wednesday; February 15, 2017
"There is no more miserable human being than one in whom nothing is habitual but indecision, and for whom the lighting of every cigar, the drinking of every cup, the time of rising and going to bed every day, and the beginning of every bit of work, are subjects of express volitional deliberation. "
~William James

mikey

Oh boy
That explains why I'm such a wreck
unmotivated

AmpharosAndy

Me too. That describes me very accurately :S
innit

E. Gadd Industries

I can understand that; indecisiveness makes things 10x more difficult than they need to be.
"Everyone is crazy but me"
-The Sign Painter

The entrance to my lab is hidden... somewhere...
Spoiler

[/spoiler
[close]

braix

When training a skill and trying to develop your own style, carefully analyze your practice to improve:

Friday; February 24, 2017
"Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless, and add what is specifically your own."
~Bruce Lee

mikey

unmotivated

braix

braix

hi im back

17 December 2019 (Tuesday)
"We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit."
~ Aristotle